Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Blood Angels Rumors

34K views 295 replies 53 participants last post by  mrknify 
#1 ·
From Natfka:
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
-Clam Pack Captain in a 2nd Edition Golden Armor Design, armed with Combi-Melter
-Box with all options for the Predator (Baal, Detructor and Annihilator, new Melta weapon in Turret option)
-Honour Guard and Blood Brothers Multi Box

Blood Brothers have survived as members of the Death Company and turned back to normal Astartes, they are like Vanguard Veterans but more "BA-like" and with different weapon options.
So I see potential rage occuring if the Death Company thing is true.

And confusion about how the Flesh Tearers are organized on my part if it's true.

#4 ·
I heard of a new cut predator coming last year but there was no mention of baal at the time - but it would make sense for a completely inclusive box

#6 · (Edited)
Blood Brothers have survived as members of the Death Company and turned back to normal Astartes
EDIT: Lemartez and Mephiston both fell to the Black Rage: Lemartez lives in stasis between battles, and Mephiston completely beat it and transformed into the beast that he is. It would be pretty friggin' crazy to have squads of Lemartez's.

*still doing lines of salt...anyone want in??

#7 ·
*still doing lines of salt...anyone want in??
That's all i'm doing until the 24th. Line 'em up! :victory:

#12 ·
If GW thinks it will sell more miniatures they'll change the fluff without a second thought. Not the first time they have done it and it won't be the last. Sounds like a shit idea to me personally but then again I haven't liked the fluff behind most of their new units to be quite honest.

#16 ·
From Natfka:

So I see potential rage occuring if the Death Company thing is true.

And confusion about how the Flesh Tearers are organized on my part if it's true.
Wait what in the hell Mephiston is awesome because he's the only one to resist the black rage... Ummn...

carrying blood meltas and blood swords and riding blood raiders and shooting blood bolters and dying blood deaths and bleeding blood blood.
blood for the blood angel :crazy:

still doing lines of salt...anyone want in??
They're Blood Angels, not demons. Wait...

If GW thinks it will sell more miniatures they'll change the fluff without a second thought. Not the first time they have done it and it won't be the last. Sounds like a shit idea to me personally but then again I haven't liked the fluff behind most of their new units to be quite honest.
Yeah I don't doubt that they would, but it's damned inconsiderate of them

#18 ·
-_- Mephiston is special because he's the only one who has ever beaten the Black Rage. The whole point of the Death Company is for the Space Marines to die reliving the passion of Sanguinius, and if they somehow manage to survive the battle, it's the job of the Chaplains (and in the last Codex, specifically Astorath) to put them down. I'd like to see them not retcon all that and make it so the Black Rage is something beatable and there are squads of veterans who've done it-- it really takes away a strong element of the Blood Angels' character.

#20 ·
Agreed. The thing about Mephiston beating it is that there is a shadow over him because if it. Did he do it all himself, or did he have "outside" help. Is he possessed by a demon just waiting on the right moment to act?

If they change it so that there are whole squads like him running around, are they going to have a special rule that allows the to turn into blood letters?

#21 ·
Removing it really removes one of the last really iconic "tragic" quirks of the fluff (no Grand Master fairy dust Draigo does not fucking count) for me. As others have said there is only one marine to survive the black rage and that's Meph, the Black Rage is not a case of the flu with a side order of the uncontrollable urge to have raw steak, it's not just something you get over. If that's such a common thing do (common enough to have a recognised unit for it) then what happens to Tycho? You know that Captain who had to be permanently assigned to battle duties because he was borderline the entire time and then fell to the Black Rage and died at Armageddon? He was just a weak one? If it's something you can recover from then why not induce it and thin the herd a bit?

Yeah fuck off with that shite thank you. At this rate we will be having female space marines before the decade is out.

#22 ·
The new over powered ex-death company will be armed with power ropes that they skip with,
you do have to roll a d6 every turn in case they cut off their own legs but the ropes themselves will take down a titan if you survive long enough to get to one

#26 ·
I personally like this idea, I think it adds even more character to a very unique army, I love BA but they're just not competitive enough anymore, most of their bonuses have been nerfed (furious charge, FNP) and it really took something away from them, a new unique to BA squad is just what the doctor ordered. Interested to hear about a melta variant of the pred too, I wonder if it will just be a mm or wether it will have additional rules allowing it a greater range?

Think I may need to get my red paint out once more

#33 ·
(On knees praying) Dear Jesus, or God Emperor of mankind, please grant the gent's writing my codex the wisdom to make my codex playable.

I just really want a good, fun codex, not looking for SW fucking OP level codex. Nor do I search for a broken as fuck dex that we call Tau or Eldar. No my good sir, I only ask that when they print my dex and I pay my hard earned money for it (because I fucking will) that it be better than a bag of dicks. I mean ... that could make a blind homosexual guy quite happy to get a bag of dicks, but not so much for me ... pretty sure I do not even like dicks.

What I am trying to get to here GEoM is this ... I will not suck your dick for a good codex, but I will jack you off while wearing a work glove ...

Your ever faithful man-servant ....

OIIIIIIO

#51 ·
I like Blood Angels, but they really need to sort them out.

1. Glaive Encarmines need to be better than Power Fists. They're Two-Handed, but you've got a wrist bolter weapon anyway... But Power Fists are Power Fists. So, Sanguinary Guard need a major buff.

2. They could really do with another unique flamer/melta weapon. Perhaps a modified Thunder Cannon, which fires some sort of Promethium bombs at the target, or something.

3. Tycho needs to be removed. He's dead in the fluff and it makes NO SENSE having him in a book. I want to 'pretend' that I'm fighting at the current time in 40k.... Tycho is dead and thus is pointless

Lots of other problems.

#53 ·
Glaive Encarmines need to be better than Power Fists.
This confuses me. In what way would you make them 'better' than Power Fists?

They could really do with another unique flamer/melta weapon. Perhaps a modified Thunder Cannon, which fires some sort of Promethium bombs at the target, or something.
Adding a Melta-type turret option for the Baal would go a looooong way. The strained relationship with the Mechanicum would mean that they aren't hauling out Thunderfire-Esque guns any time soon, I'd think. Not that I'm any kind of professional on the background of the army, I just really like playing them.

Tycho needs to be removed.
Preach it! :drinks:

...though I may add 'and replaced with another new Character, whether for BA or one of their Successors'.

In his current guise he strikes last
But also has a 2+/4++ and I6 for Sweeping Advances. Throw in no Deep Strike scatter and Hit and Run and he's still pretty solid. I wonder how 5th edition Dante will fare in 7th edition 40k?

if they're two handed this denying them +1 to attack for an add ccw they should at least add +1 st to represent the sang guard using his full strength to smite his foe
This I like, though even if they were one handed weapons they'd still lose the +1 attack based on the Angelus Boltgun being Assault. It would, however, mean that when you spend the points to give them a Pistol you would get both CC and shooting benefits from those points. Making Glaives more like Relic Blades would be awesome. Master-Crafter and +1 Strength compared to +2 Strength seems comparable to me, but I'm not busting out the calculator to find out.

#52 ·
REMOVE TYCHO?!?!? WTF?!? Screw the fluff it's a game! He's cracking! If they're going to change characters they should change Dante. In his current guise he strikes last, just because he's modelled with an axe? He should've able to carve a big "D" in his opponents chest before the enemy even realises he's there. I agree glaive encarmines are poor in the current rules, if they're two handed this denying them +1 to attack for an add ccw they should at least add +1 st to represent the sang guard using his full strength to smite his foe

#54 ·
REMOVE TYCHO?!?!? WTF?!? Screw the fluff it's a game! I agree glaive encarmines are poor in the current rules, if they're two handed this denying them +1 to attack for an add ccw they should at least add +1 st to represent the sang guard using his full strength to smite his foe
I get it's a game, but when I'm playing, I like to pretend I'm actually there, the Commander, not playing a Battle of Old, but actually Battling now in what could be a pivitoal battle of the age. Yet if Tycho suddenly runs past me screaming I know that it is a Battle of Old and not 'right now'. I feel the same way about the Carstiens in WHFB (bar Manfred who is alive, as opposed to dead... well, dead-dead, not Vampire dead). I would love a shooty marine... Or maybe Moriar The Chosen returns...... Or perhaps a Librarian Dreadnought from a Successor Chapter, a Chief Librarian put into one, would be brilliant.

This confuses me. In what way would you make them 'better' than Power Fists?
With a special attack rule of:

One-Handed Mode: Wielding the Glaive Encarmine in one hand, the Sanguinary Guard is able to enjoy and employ superior movement with his jet-pack and with his blows: Gains +1A and 5++ until end of the turn.

Two-Handed Mode: Wielding the Glaive Encarmine in both hands, the Sanguinary Guard is able to focus his might into each blow, causing maximum damage at the price of speed: x2S, Rending, Shred, -1A (To minimum of 1)

Adding a Melta-type turret option for the Baal would go a looooong way. The strained relationship with the Mechanicum would mean that they aren't hauling out Thunderfire-Esque guns any time soon, I'd think. Not that I'm any kind of professional on the background of the army, I just really like playing them.
Exactly. While they will send weapons, supplies and materials to them, parts of the Mechanicum will want the Baal Pattern STC's (Or the knowledge to make it's systems, anyway). This could, I think, lead to the Blood Angels applying the systems and technology involved in making Baal Pattern Predators on other vehicles/systems, thus modifying them to a different role and purpose.

The Melta Weapon, I'm not too sure what current ones BA have which are unique, but I think it could be great for the Thunderfire Cannon as I said:

The Thunderfire Cannon has been modified to no longer fire then default and standard shells provided by the Mechanicum. This changes the fire support role of the Thunderfire Cannon into a powerful offensive and defensive weapon, suitable for wiping out targets in groups, rather than weakening them for other aspects of the Adeptus Astartes to finish off.

Baal Thunderfire Cannon Promithium Mode:
(Standard) 30", S5, 'Promeithium Sun Spots x3' - Place the Blast Marker (3") anywhere up to 30" away from the Baal Thunderfire Cannon (BTC). Leave this in place and take the Flamer template and place it so it's either within the Blast Marker (3") or on the edge. Roll for each template (x3) separately.
(Extra Power) Same, but x4 templates.
(Overcharge) 40", S6, x5 Templates but has a form of Extreme Gets Hot. Perhaps double wounds.

Baal Thunderfire Cannon Melta Mode
(Standard) 30", S8, Armourbane, Melta "Melta Sun Spots x3" - Place the Blast Marker (3") anywhere up to 30" away from the BTC. Each Blast Marker must touch the other ones.
(Extra Power)Same but x4 Templates
(Overcharge) 40", S8, Armourbane, Melta, Rending, x5 Templates but has a form of Extreme Gets Hot!

Preach it! :drinks:

...though I may add 'and replaced with another new Character, whether for BA or one of their Successors'.
Thank you. At least somebody gets my point. I think it's stupid having dead characters in the book. I want to lead all the name characters to glory, not be thinking "Yeah, this is an epic battle, but Tycho is is in it, so it's during X period"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.