Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

renegades - Anthologies

10K views 63 replies 7 participants last post by  VulkansNodosaurus 
#1 · (Edited)
seems that what started as a one shot is now progrssing of its own accord so here is what i am suggesting, like the HH series i am opening it up to people to do like Anthologies.

I had no idea that it would prove to be successful so i am giving you the chance to add to it if you like.

Traitors (for those who do not know)

Word Bearers - Kor Phaeron is dead.
Salamanders
Iron Hands - who currently sit in judgement on Mars
Dark Angels
Imperial Fists/Black Templars
Night Lords
Emperors Children.
World Eaters.

Loyalists.

Luna Wolves
Blood Angels
Alpha Leigon
Thousand Sons - Prospero is gone and the TK Sons are on a new homeworld with Magnus crippled in body but not mind.
Space Wolves
Ultramarines
Raven Guard
White Scars - Jugathi Khan is dead
Iron Warriors
Death Guard - however Typhus is a spy for the Emperors forces.

Feel free to dive in and enjoy. The Emperor is mostly on his Golden Throne and it would appear that Lorgar is running the show on Terra as i have not yet decided what to do with the Sigilitte and the Adeptus Custodes whilst loyal to the Emperor have thier own thoughts on the matter with Constantine Valdor begining to wish he had seen the unfolding events.

anyway if you wish to participate post them here and enjoy and welcome to my little AU and like the Hoes entry Rep will be given to those who participate.

Malcador and Constantin are dead

See less See more
#2 ·
How much have you planned out? I’d like to be part of this, but obviously it can go very wrong without coordination. (I’m interested in writing about the Ultramarines or Emperor’s Children, by the way; if it’s OK, you can send your near-term plans for them to me via PM)

#4 ·
I love a bit of writing! I've read these threads pretty much from the start so would like to think I know what's going on :p If you need another writer, I'd love to join :)

#6 · (Edited)
stories written.

Gothik - Renegades an alternative heresy tale

Gothik - Renegades 2: The flames of Belief

Gothik - Renegades 3: The Fate of Prospero

Gothik - Renegades 4: The Emperors Will

VulkansNodosaurus - Renegades 5: Perfection's Cry

Deus Mortis -Renegades 6: Bright Swords

Gothik - In the End a renegades short

Gothik - Renegades 7: When Death Calls.

Gothik - Blood Lines A renegades short.

VulkansNodosaurus - Renegades 8: Foundations in Scarlet

Son of Azureman - Renegades 9: Flesh is weak

#9 · (Edited)
To facilitate both the entrance of anyone new into the series and my comprehension, here’s my vision of the series timeline, with blocks happening simultaneously; gothik can correct me if I got something wrong. Each block is about 3 months./p>
Block 1- Renegades (All)

Block 2- R2: The Flames of Belief (All)

Block 3- R3: The Fate of Prospero (World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Space Wolves), R9: Flesh is Weak (Iron Hands), RA: Bloodlines (Night Lords)

Block 4- R4: The Emperor’s Will (Salamanders, White Scars, Custodes, Word Bearers)

Block 5- R5: Perfection’s Cry (Ultramarines, Emperor’s Children), R6: Bright Swords (“Grey Knights”, Ulthwe), R7: When Death Calls (Iron Warriors, Death Guard), R10: Long Forgotten Sons (Night Lords, Raven Guard), RA: In The End (Raven Guard, Night Lords)

Block 6- R8: Foundations in Scarlet (Blood Angels, Sons of Horus)

There’s probably room for a few more stories in Block 5, and perhaps something that starts in Block 4 but stretches for multiple blocks (the Thousand Sons arc, whatever the Alpha Legion is doing); the first three blocks appear set in stone, at least in terms of larger stories.

#11 · (Edited)
i might start writing some thing up every time i get free time but ill have to read them all so that there is no canon conflicts like in black library. will most likely do blood angels or alpha legion so if you have any ideas or plans for them can you please pm me

#13 ·
I'll be doing an alpha legion/blood angel one and I was wondering if it would be ok for me to base it in the third block so like what's happening alongside the burning of prospero? I've started but only one and a half paragraphs in so if not I can quickly change it.

#15 ·
Ah, I am so incredibly sorry! I don't know how I could have neglected my portion of this so. I had writers block and got frustrated so stopped writing and then just forgot entirely. But reading yours and Vulkans latest stuff has been inspiring. I hope to get another bit up soon. Again, my deepest apologies

#17 ·
Y gothic dont tell us papa nurgle has sent the destroyer hive :( oh well lets hope those apothecaries get you fighting again soon.

#18 ·
LOL na not quite, i have angina so i am going for some tests to see if its serious or mild, with any luck the tablets i am on might help....come to think of it, Nurgle might be having a few words with me soon after what i am planning ..... but thanks sure everything is fine

#22 ·
i believe the Alpha Legion may be under way but as yet apart from brief glimpses i have not yet dealt with the RG, NL or DA, all i have done is hinted that the DA seem to have a bitch fest against the IW, that would stem from when Perturabo threw the Lion off his war zone for making him look like an oath breaker.

send me your idea and we'll take it from there.

#20 ·
Well from what weve seen so far:

.dark angels are constructing their own empire to rival ultimar

.raven guard is with Horus but barely as he finds it hard to believe.

.night lords I'm not sure as I haven't read their story yet.

#21 · (Edited)
ok up to date on what is happening now so that you can pick which you want to do. As always PM your idea i wont disagree but all i ask is read what has been written before so we don't have any conflict with other tales.

Lorgar is the Black Pope

The Word Bearers not only bring worlds into the Emperors light, but they raise the Cult of the Emperor. Erebus is the Black Cardinal, since Kor Phaerons death he and Argal Tal are the closest to the Primarch, the new First Captain Bal Sangos has yet to earn his place withing Lorgars inner affections.

Dorn is the Regent of Terra.

With the Imperial Fists being the Praetorian Guard it was a natural choice for the Emperor to name Dorn as the mighty Regent. The Black Templars are the crusade arm of the Imperial Fists but also will act alongside the Word Bearers who protect Terra.

Curze is the High Lord of Justice.

With his love of justice it was only natural for the Emperor to give Konrad the job of enforcing his laws, wherever and however he sees fit, and when the Nightlords come to town everyone hides.

Mannus Regent of Mars.

Mannus is now the regent of Mars but is haunted by the death of his First Captain who was the only high ranking officer of the Iron Hands to rebel against The Emperor.

Fulgrim Herald of Slannesh.

Due to Vulkans Story arc Perfections Cry the Emperors Children are steering more towards Slannesh than the Emperor but have suffered a schism in the ranks.

Vulkan, The Mighty Drake.

Vulkan killed the Great Khan and himself is incapacitated and in recovery but what this means for the Salamanders is yet unknown.

Angron, The Conquerer.

Angron is starting to act like the Space Wolves Russ, dealing with those that do not fit the Emperors mandate. He is responsible for the crippling of Magnus and the destruction of Prospero, Angron is more geared towards Khorne but as yet his destiny remains unseen.

The Lion - unknown

Dark Angels - as yet not done, the Dark Angels have so far been waging a secret war against Horus but i would like the schism in the ranks of the Angels to remain as that is a great part of their history and he has not yet been given a title although he craves the new Warmaster title.

Renegades.

Horus Warmaster

Horus is still the Warmaster and his Lunar Wolves have now decided to call themselves the Sons of Horus, distancing themselves from the brothers who returned to the side of the Emperor. Horus has been in conferance with Magnus and the Eldar and that is currently the focus of Deus Mortis story arc Bright Swords which deals with the creation of the Grey Knights.

Khan - Deceased.

The White Scars are currently recovering from the decimation of thier forces and the death of their father at the hands of Vulkan and his Salamanders and are currently led by Jubal Khan.

Sanguinius - Second in command.

Sanguinius is believed to be Horus's second in command as his wisdom and his great love for his brother makes it workable. The Blood Angels and Alpha Leigon were the first to notice something wierd was going on and the Blood Angels were present when the Great Khan died.

Alpharius/Omeagon

As of yet the Alpha Legion have not been seen apart from the above when they discovered the Emperors Children were not all they seemed to be.

Magnus

Magnus has become the advisor to Horus, his wisdom is vital and although his body is crippeled his mind has not, Horus has instructed that initiates with psyker potential be sent to Magnus to help rebuild his Legion. Magnus is also in part responsible for the events currently happening in Bright Sword.

Russ.

The Space Wolves have ended their animosity with the Thousand Sons after the Destruction of Prospero and Russ has become Magnus's closest brother. The Space Wolves and the White Scars were also aware that The Dark Angels had given the Dark Eldar the access codes to an Iron Warriors bastion that resulted in the death of an entire Iron Warriors Grand Company.

Gulliaman.

Although no details are known about the arguement between Gulliman and Horus, in Perfections Cry Gulliman is known to be enforcing his empire as a second front and as a new Imperial centre, but currently his sons are embroiled in a war with the Emperors Children.

Corax.

Corax is still in shock over the Emperors Actions regarding Prospero and the death of the Khan but as yet the Raven Guard have not been shown in any large arc.

Khan.

The White Scars were with the Space Wolves when they discovered the DA involvement in the wiping out of an entire Iron Warriors Company. They are now having to rebuild after Vulkan and thier Primarch battled resulting in the death of the Great Khan and the Leigons first encounter with the power of the Chaos God Nurgle.

Perturabo.

The Iron Warriors are being dealt with in When Death Calls.

Mortarion.

Mortarion brought a dead rememberancers vid to the attention of Horus who saw for himself the Emperors betrayal. The Death Guard are also being dealt with in When Death Calls, but as of yet Mortarion is unaware that his own First Captain is a Traitor.

Constantin Valdor - deceased.
Malcador - deceased.
Amon Teutromach Leng - currently known as the Last Lion is aiding Mortarion and Perturabo and has a message within his subconscious planted there by Malcador before he died and only Magnus can access it.

thats the up to date recap.

#23 · (Edited)
As I see it, the most likely contradictions are going to be timeline-based, that is, what happens before what. The BL books generally don’t contradict each other’s events; when the canon mess-ups happen, they nearly always deal with time. (I’ll take this opportunity to advertise my vision of the timeline, in post 9 of this thread.)

Also, here’s my opinion of where the Renegade Primarchs stand on the Horus-Guilliman argument (it's not really a schism- yet):

Russ- pro-Guilliman
Corax- pro-Guilliman
Magnus- ignoring the issue for now, and really hoping they’ll just agree to a compromise or something
Sanguinius- split between his two best friends among the Primarchs, would be the chief mediator in any negotiation
Mortarion- pro-Horus
Jaghatai Khan- would be pro-Horus if alive
Alpharius- unknown
Perturabo- pro-Horus, but his builder side sympathizes with Guilliman

EDIT: changed after gothik's comments

#24 ·
As I see it, the most likely contradictions are going to be timeline-based, that is, what happens before what. The BL books generally don’t contradict each other’s events; when the canon mess-ups happen, they nearly always deal with time. (I’ll take this opportunity to advertise my vision of the timeline, in post 9 of this thread.)

Also, here’s my opinion of where the Renegade Primarchs stand on the Horus-Guilliman argument (it's not really a schism- yet):

Russ- pro-Guilliman
Corax- pro-Guilliman
Magnus- ignoring the issue for now, and really hoping they’ll just agree to a compromise or something
Sanguinius- split between his two best friends among the Primarchs, would be the chief mediator in any negotiation
Mortarion- pro-Horus
Jaghatai Khan- would be pro-Horus if alive
Alpharius- pro-Horus
Perturabo- pro-Horus, but his builder side sympathizes with Guilliman
this is pretty much the truth, however the Alpha Legion have not yet played thier hands and for now they would probably remain outside the issue.

I want to say that it is humbling to have people want to take part in this, i never expected it to get this big or this far so thankyou. Also if you have requested a Legion Arc could you please remind me who you wish to do.

Seeing as Vulkan so kindy split this into time periods and i have had requests for the same Legions, not wanting to waste the talent there is a way round this, if person A and Person B both want to do say Raven Guard tales i would allow this but they have to stipulate if it is between Renegades, Rengades II etc etc if we say that there is six months covering each segment then that should work.

Even so i will need a reminder and again thank you for taking part.

Jackie

#25 ·
blood angels and alpha legion is what I'm writing at the moment.

#26 ·
for the next two weeks i will be unavaliable due to hospital appointment and tests, so i wont be up to much. VulkansNodosarus has very kindly agreed to, when he can, deal with any requests that come up during that time. many thanks and see you all in a fortnight

#27 ·
thanks for all your patience, thankfully things are not as bad as we first thought and i see that Renegades 8 is ready to go, and this is why i have stayed with Heresy Online for nearly three years. You guys make it all the more worthwhile.

#28 ·
I’ve some ideas about the Dark Angels - Heh, fitting, - Floating around, if I can shotgun them; preferably for a two-parter, ala Descent of Angels and Fallen Angels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.