Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

My Little Pony Space marines - Updated 9/11/12

46K views 242 replies 47 participants last post by  Angelofdeath690 
#1 · (Edited)
As i stated in the MLP Kill team thread I had planned several ideas for what I wanted to do and after reading feedback from that thread and bouncing it off several people (some of whom thought I was insane, if only they knew @.@) I decided that I would go ahead with this side project. Also i needed a break from things and this seemed like a good way to do it.

As such the first thing i want to say is that I have never used greenstuff to build anything, the most i have used it for is filling in holes or things. So some of the conversions are gonna look a bit weird and any help with that is appreciated. Ill try and lay out the different customizations im planning for each model and some pictures will hopefully make it easier to get where im going with it.

For now the first post shall be of the greenstuff and the design notes for the first of the ponies im attempting. Due too having to order some parts since they weren't available to me I decided that Pinkie Pie would get the first work.

Pinkie pie shall be the Techmarine of the group and with that I will also be building a special Drop pod to go with her later. But for now I took a standard techmarine and removed his power axe and replaced it with a greenstuff candy cane (or power cane) if you wanna call it that.

I do have to clean it up a bit more but im scared of breaking it and having to recover it over ><. any help with that would be appreciated.

Following that is the modification of one of the power claws that shall become the Gummy claw in honor of the favored alligator. The eyes will hopefully come out well and

lastly for the green stuff modifications i wanted to give her a cupcake some where on this model and decided that her backpack could be the place for it. So....

and yes it sorta looks like a mushroom T__T lol i just couldn't figure out how to difference the two at this stage. aside the little cherry on top and a few lines i did to try and make the swirl affect.

Any and all C&C before i take this to the spray and begin the paint job on it would be a big help.

I will also be making some fluff possibly if i can get this all done.
I have a few more ideas to add to pinky like some streamers on the base to give it a party look and maybe a hair style XD if i can figure out how to do her bouncy hair look.

Hope you enjoy and hope to get more done to show it off.

See less See more
#4 ·
You need to mix the green stuff a bit more!
What is it with all the My Little Ponies creeping in on this Forum? :shok:

#9 ·
@ Hellados: I haven't decided if i will do a full company with everything or not. I'm not to big on playing space marines XD so if i do bikes they may get ponies to pull them >_> we shall see.

@BrotherE: ah ok, i was mixing it as much as i could and it started to stick to my fingers alot so i thought it was enough XD. Its still not cured yet but im hoping it will by tonight so i can prime it with white and start working on the paint job.

#17 ·
Well for mine it is gonna be a sorta kill team/remnants of a chapter.

Twilight Sparkle - Librarian w/terminator armor (i like the head part so i can add a horn XD)

Apple Jack - Sternguard veteran or Devastator

Rarity - Assault marine w/ dual power claws (jeweled up)

Rainbow Dash - A chapter champion w/wings (rainbow sword!)

Fluttershy - Apothacary (duh XD also gonna find a way to put Angel-bunny in)

Pinkie pie - Techmarine ( because she built the flying contraption XD, also because I have planned a Drop pod that opens up and plays 'singing telegram' when its opened like those singing birthday cards)

Spike - Banner carrier ( well cause he is carrying things again)

Luna - Chaplain (due to being loud and scaring everyone lol )

Celestia - Captain (well i couldn't figure out a chapter master I could design Lol)

so my list is sorta similar to yours, it was also affected because i didn't want to have to buy all kinds of boxes just for one piece XD.

#19 ·
Ah yes. The joys of disposable income and no woman to drain it. :laugh:

Now I`m sad. :(

Mines not that disposable XD but it lets me do stuff with it and i know the feeling on the last part lol. I sprayed it tonight and hopefully the greenstuff will cure since the candycane is still kinda moving around but im gonna start preparing some mixes of colors to see if i can get the pinks i need.

I have a question for you tho since your on, do you have any suggestions on how to use greenstuff to make some hair like mane for the helmets. kinda like the roman style brushes on some helms but longer?

@ jaysen: if you did that, I would totally come find you and challenge your chaos XD

#20 ·
I can do it, but i`m not sure how to instruct on it tbh. I just kind of... can do it... :dunno:

To start with, just make a solid shape, then you add the detail on a second layer. You can use a toothbrush to give a flowing hair appearance if you don`t rust yourself with the sculpting tool. Also, use water constantly. Wet your fingers, the sculpting tool and the putty itself, it will stop it sticking.

Also when you mix it, it should be completely one shade green, not spatters of blue and yellow. :p

#26 ·
Yes. Sculpt the general shape first, slightly smaller than what you want then let it dry overnight, After this you sculpt the details on top in a thinner layer.

For example, to sculpt a full pony from entirely greenstuff, I am going to:

1: Sculpt a round ball of greenstuff and a similar sized elliptical ball of greenstuff. Allow to dry overnight.

2: Mold ears and a small snout onto the head, and possibly small ridges of the brows. Also add legs onto the body. Again, allow to dry overnight.

3: Attach a neck between them, and perhaps a tail if the foundation is solid enough..

4: Sculpt the mane. Position on a base and leave to dry.

As you can see, there is four days here, most of which is waiting time. Be prepared to play patience if you plan to make any complex sculpts. :)

#22 ·
Can someone with connections to the military y'know....lend me a Predator Drone for the weekend? I have one VERY priority target...that being these god-forsaken ponies.

#24 ·
Oh dear, MLP and WH40K... Well I'll be watching THIS project log! The character/unit type matchups are right on too. This will be interesting.

As for the greenstuff, yes you definitely aren't mixing it enough. It should be a solid dark green, no blue or light green left. Having a good sculpting tool is also very important, hands alone won't be enough very often.

Also, I can't believe I'm suggesting this, but Cutie Mark Crusaders as a scout squad maybe? :p

#27 ·
For new people to green stuff the secret really is water. Water your fingers and tools and keep them wet. I keep a little egg cup with water in so i have a supply when doing sculpting. The water stops it from sticking to you and your tools but becuase your model is dry, it sticks to the model. You need to mix it untill it is fully green. Hence green stuff :p

#33 ·
thanks for the advice, ill try and do that.

@ serpion: ill have to work on simple stuff before building full models like you XD also ill work on the rules things since Dicrel put one up.

I have been trying to figure out the mix ratio to get pinkie's color scheme since i dont have tentacle pink to work with.

#29 ·
But in a thousand years, the stars will aid in its escape. :cool:

And it shall bring about putty eternal.

On topic now, have you given any thought to devising a special homebrew rule for each of these? Because that alone would make them all the more fun. :)

#32 ·
On topic now, have you given any thought to devising a special homebrew rule for each of these? Because that alone would make them all the more fun. :)
What can I say? I'm an enabler.

@AoD: Let me know if you want to talk about less broken rules.

Applejack
Applebucker: If A.J. wields a power fist, she ignores the Initiative 1 penalty. Her CC weapons are also considered thunder hammers.

Meet Bucky McGillycuddy and Kicks McGee: In assaults, A.J. may also make two additional attacks at Str 10 AP 1 with her legs, which also count as power weapons. Against vehicles, she automatically hits. For armor penetration use 2d6 + Str 10. Additionally, any hits that inflict damage also inflict "crew shaken" results.

Fluttershy
Staremaster: Should Fluttershy come into contact with any Monstrous creature, the creature must roll a Leadership test using +2d6 dice. If the creature succeeds, future actions are resolved normally. If the creature fails, it will take no action other than to move back 6" in a straight line.

Should Fluttershy assault the Monstrous creature during her assault phase, treat the Monstrous creatures WS and T as -2d6 and Initiative 1. Change Fluttershy statistics as follows, with additional rules: WS and T as +2d6; Initiative 8; assault weapons as power weapons, Str 10, and/or AP 1; plus additional attacks equal to Monstrous creature's present number of wounds; and re-roll failed to hit and to wound rolls.

Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Sense:
The player is allowed to re-roll any results (failure or success--whichever is funnier) that involve Pinkie Pie. The opponent is forced to re-roll any results (failure or success if Pinkie Pie is within 18" of the model.

(Pinkie) Cupcakes:
For every turn friendly models are in base contact with Pinkie, the models gain +1 temporary wound for a maximum of 7 additional wounds.

(Pinkie) Breaking into Song:
During any actions involving Pinkie Pie or a squad that she is attached to, the player must sing out loud (audible enough for the opponent opposite to hear) lyrics from any of Pinkie Pie's songs. As long as this is done, all her special "Pinkie" rules are accessible, otherwise, use her other powers.

Party of One: If any enemy model takes a shooting action within 18" of Pinkie, Pinkie immediately is placed into base contact with the model and assaults it as if she was armed with a witchblade. Treat her as Initiative 8.

This action may be repeated as many times as necessary. Enemy models may only assault during their assault phase.

Muffins: In assault, treat Pinkie's weapons as poisoned, wounding on a 2+ and her strength as 10.

Rainbow Dash

Sonic Rainboom: Once per game, Rainbow Dash may move 18" in a straight line ignoring any obstacles including impassable terrain and enemy units. Dash must end in a clear space.

Once Rainbow Dash has ended movement, but before the shooting phase, place the Apocalypse Hellstorm template along the 18" line traveled beginning from her start point and the Apocalypse large blast template centered on her present location. All enemy models under the templates must save versus one Str 10 AP 1 blast.

All friendly models in line of sight gain one psychic power for the duration of the player's present turn.

Rarity
Carousel Couture: Should Rarity remain in base contact with a model for one full turn, she may "makeover" the model. At the player's discretion, the model's wargear may be changed to wargear or equal or lesser value.

If Rarity remains in base contact with the model for an additional turn, the wargear may come from another type of model altogether. This replaces Rarity's assault attack.

Fainting Couch: Should Rarity ever be brought to zero wounds, the model is not removed from play, rather it is set reclining upon a couch. On a roll of 6 on a D6, Rarity is brought back into play. For every pony in base contact, add a +1 to the roll.

Twilight Sparkle
Friendship is Magic:
Should Twilight remain in base contact with Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity for one turn without taking any actions (moving, shooting, assaults, and especially psychic powers), she will activate her special power: Friendship is Magic. Rainbow-colored energy will engulf all enemy models, they must make a Leadership test with +3d6 dice or disengage from combat and retreat 18" in a straight line. Successful activation of this power means the game will end on the player's turn, even if the opponent has not yet taken his turn.

I like to think that the (broken) rules have captured the essence of every pony.

#34 · (Edited)
So i tested out a couple mixes and settled on this one for pinkie pie's body color. I mixed a 50/50 mix of skull white and scab red to give it a bit darker tone than what i would use for fluttershy.

i have to mix the color for her hair using a warlock purple with skull white to get the darker tone and use it for the trim and stuff. then on to work on gummy!

C&C is welcome!

And to Lord_murdock I actually have an idea for that comment of yours o_O stay tuned later for those.

#36 ·
Mini i have already taken these rules and added them with ones I had made and maybe soon even stats! *maniacal laugh maniacal laugh*

Also on a small note, i manage to paint quite a bit more of pinkie and hopefully later today i can take a pic *forgot camera and 2 paints that i needed so i can finish ><* grrr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.