Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Modelling elysians?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Battman 
#1 ·
So imwould like to make a at first small Elysian army, as allies
I will be using the tempestus codex so I would like them to look a tad above average
I am NOT spending £40 on 10men when the gw box is half that, so forge worlds out
So I was wondering how I would go about it
I thought...
A) buying Chadian models and Elysian respirator heads
B) tempestus models with respirators
Any good? How dumn am I? Any better ideas?

Are the respirator heads any good and does anyone have any better pics than the crap ones FW put up?
Thanks

#2 ·
I've looked at the price of the tempestus scions, and they've put the FW elysians back in the picture...
But then I wondered how would I model plasma guns onto the FW models?
Their weapons seem to come attacked so I'm not sure

Any help please :p

#3 ·
Personally the two options which Ive personally looked at (keen on elysians for myself) is either finding a re-casters eg "china cast" (think its called) or via a third party for bits one ive looked out is khromlech with the back packs and armored knee pads ( http://bitsofwar.com/17-humans ) with the combination of forge world heads and GW bodies as an option.

But one major reason that I personally haven't gone this rout is the lasguns "Mark IV Accatran Pattern" i love the look of the shortened lasguns with the odd grip on the top.

Thats about all i think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.