Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Necron Tactics and Support

9K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Mad King George 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, im new here, but i would like to get started with my posts.
How do you people feel about this army?:
2 lords (1 destroyer/1 bipedal)
60 Immortals
120 Warriors
18 Destroyers
1 Monolith
6 Tomb spyders

*note: this is a normal warhammer army, not Apocalipse

#2 ·
1. Post normal 40k army lists in the normal 40k army list forums, not the apocalypse forums.

2. When you "How do you feel about it," What exactly do you mean? Are you saying that you want us to critique your army?

3. There aren't enough details. How many points is the army as a whole? How many points are you shooting for? Are there any upgrades?

These little tips are for making your life at Heresy-Online that much easier

Even though I can barely make sense of your post, welcome anyways!

#5 ·
Honestly, one monolith is probably plenty. They're good, but infantry is better. As for the C'Tan... at that high a points level, it probably doesn't matter, but generally, they tend to lower the phase out number so much by taking points from Necron units that they aren't worth it.

Destroyers are sort of a liability these days. You can't screen them anymore, and they're not meaningfully tougher than Warriors. In that size of an army I'd take them, but in your basic 2000 point list or whatever, I'd consider leaving them behind in favor of Immortals or another phalanx of Warriors.

#6 ·
at the point level it looks like, a phasing out isn't going to happen so loosing necrons for a C'Tan isn't a bad thing. Destroyers are no liability:angry:, i've used them in loads of 2000pts battles and they always gain their points back and are a great tactical asset. if there is an enemy unit that needs killing soon their 36" range weapons mean they have a few truns to weaken them and with 3 S6 shots each you are bound to kill something. I've seen a u nit of 10 terminators fall to a volley of gauss cannon shots from a unit 5 destroyers.

#7 ·
Agreed, destroyers are an asset to any battle, but this is jut following 40k army charts, as i havent yet gotten the apocalypse rules.

By the way, here are the total points ( all upgrades possible)
total:3910 pts
lords:395
Immortals:300
Warriors:2400
Destroyers:250
Spyders:330
Monolith:235

P.S.: only 30 immortals, 15 destroyers

#9 ·
destroyers are 50 pt ea, you give 250 pt cost but say you have 15. typo?
2 more monoliths are in order. you'll need to have a phalanx so to take advantage of the nodal grid/nightshrouding. Your opp are sure to have apoc formations and so should you.
that many warrior and immortal units you don't need all those spyders.
you need -1 str shooting at your guys inside the phalanx with 3+ wbb rolls.

#18 · (Edited)
Because it is never done, that's why! lol

Imagine combat troops that cannot be pinned in combat... The ability to WBB is awesome for actual assault troops.... And the Necrons have the speed to make it happen.

Also, the 'typical' builds for Necrons (Destroyers out the wahzoo, or the multi-mono build) are quite boring and don't do any better in tourneys than what I would imagine my proposed list could do.

The list would cost $500 to build, and I'm willing to trade off $900 in Eldar to do it. I like it that much. :victory:

How about this one....

Necron Lord w/ Veil and Orb
30 Flayed Ones
50 Warriors (20/15/15)
9 Wraiths
Monlith

Phase out at 22 with 90 Necrons. No matter what your army is... if this list manages to conentrate on one flank, it will hurt, severely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.