Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Long time no see! [56k warning]

754 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  10228 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Well, it's been almost 2 years since I was last on this forum, and while I haven't had much time to paint, I'd like to share what I have done, so here are some pics :)

Firstly, GD entry number one, 2009: Lt. Varras

GD Entry number 2: Dreadlord on Cold One

The GD Special Model from 2009: Chaos Lord
NB this model was a test in speed painting, so it isn't the best quality. And yes, I did go overboard on the blood, twas all in good fun :D

I wasn't able to get any good pictures of my current WIP because I got home from the gym too late, but I'll get some tomorrow. If you want more pictures just ask me :)

C&C? I'm always open to improving my painting.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks mate!

Yeah I'm entering my current WIP, an IG Commissar.

The Cold One and Varras both came very very close to the finals last year, and I think my Commissar is better than them (I hope!)

Best of luck with your model, PM me pics? Please?

#4 ·
Awesome.. You have to show us some photos!
Are you going to enter a Medium sized model as well?

I'm really freaking out haha.. I'm going to try painting a Blood angel Sanguine guard using NNM (non-metallic-metal) But that will be reallllly difficult so if that doesn't work out I'll use this as a back up..
There was an article in a white dwarf where it showed you how to paint this model using NNM so I kind of cheated :shok: Because I don't have a clue where the light would reflect in real life hahaha

IS it just me or are his horns really big?? I think they may be compensating for something :p
And I'm going to enter this for the medium contest.. (The pic is old and he looks a little better.. PLUS he has a cape now :victory:)

#5 ·
It's not "cheating".

I painted my dreadlord with one of those articles. They're incredibly useful, I've got a Sanguinor to paint using the NMM guide actually.

Your Chaos Lord looks awesome, good work! :)

I'm actually entering just one this year, haven't had time for more what with yr 12 and all that.

Good luck mate!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.