Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is dark eldar suffs overpwnage or what!

10K views 35 replies 26 participants last post by  Vaz 
#1 ·
my new army will consist of 2 squads of 5 kabalite warriors... heres the overpwnge part...10 incubus with drazhar master of blades . will that not pwn ass ! plz tell me if u disagree! kepp in mind this is a lowish points army so dont be a troll and say i will droppod 40 dreadonaughts in ur face
(cough ro_tof_el cough).

#3 ·
/thread

I was expecting a baaaawwwthread, truth to be told. Turned out to be even more boring.

#4 ·
Please have a read through the forum rules, paying particular attention to the section that says.

Please post coherently! We at Heresy-Online have a minimum (and relatively lax) standard for spelling and grammar, and you will observe it to the best of your abilities. Nobody expects textbook perfection, and we know that typos happen. We understand that English may not be your first language, or that you may have disabilities or impairments, and we sympathize...but we still ask that you take the time and put your best effort into your posts.

This is not just a courtesy to your fellow posters, who may have to decipher a rich tapestry of netspeak and grammatical torment just to find out what you're saying, it's also doing yourself a favour in the long run. Unintelligible posts filled with chatroom shorthand and linguistic atrocities do NOT attract favourable attention. By the time a poster unearths what you're trying to say, they're usually so annoyed that they're not going to give you a helpful reply.

If you want us to read your posts, answer your questions and be our friendly, supportive selves then you have to meet us halfway and make posts that are worth reading.

Here are some examples of what to avoid:-

* Leet-speak like "lol u got pwned n00b"
* chatroom/txt abbreviations, such as "hw r u? wil u b my bff?"
* Excessive and gratuitous use of profanity. ie "Fuck that fucking bullshit your a cunt your mums a cunt and i'm getting the fuck out of this shit forum - wankers!1!"
* long posts without punctuation or line breaks

Remember, you have all the time in the world, a full keyboard, and we're not charging by the letter. Be considerate and put the reader's ease and comfort above your own. Just because it's easy for you to write doesn't mean it's easy for others to read. We're not here to force you into grammatical perfection, just don't be lazy and selfish and put your ease of writing above someone else's ease of reading. It'll only make your life harder in the end.

Jez

#5 · (Edited)
No, any decent player would blow apart your troops then just avoid your incubi for the rest of the game. As for overpowered, no Dark Eldar it isn't. It is a very powerful army, but only when played right with a good list. Yours on the other hand, I could probably have effectively tabled by turn 2 if I really put my mind to it. Just one dreadnought could keep your Incubi in cc for the rest of the game as they can't hurt him once he kills Drazhar, while the rest of my guys kill your troops then capture the objectives. Alternatively I could use dark eldar, zoom in and kill your troops and sit and snipe your foot slogging incubi with darklances for the rest of the game

#6 ·
Yeah, aside from the fact you sound like a moron, this should be in armylists. (and before anyone starts trolling saying I should report it then, I already did.)

Not to mention how many points is this? That army isn't effective at all. You have a total of 10 models that can hold objectives. With a T3 and 5+ armour. 2/3 types of games will be objective based. I will just go "your an idiot." and obliterate your scoring units with bolters. Which will take...1 turn. Then your Incubi will just go down to weight of fire. when you have an entire army firing on you, and your only T3, a 3+ save only gets you so far.

#8 ·
The only thing that attracted me to this post was your appalling abuse of the English language in the title.

If you are going to contribute to the site then please use appropriate grammar and spelling - not this bollox computer gaming text drivel...I hate that shit!

#10 ·
This is one of the most retarded posts I have ever seen. I would go into why this list sucks, but honestly I think the entire post would be completely pointless, and it has already been covered.

#21 ·
I hope you like having 6 less reputation. It really isn't difficult to have a coherently worded post, one that is actually readable and doesn't abuse colloquialisms to no end. So next time you decide to post, please, please for the love of Khorne actually think about your post and make it at least semi-readable.

#25 ·
Lets not be too mean to the guy. I mean he may have done it on purpose, but I'd assume being pelted with tons of tons of neg rep and verbal bashing so far has been punishment enough.

We don't want to be too mean to the new guys. If the behavior persists on other threads, though, then it will be warranted.

#29 ·
Not a good idea, they obviously felt strongly enough to do it so you would be just adding fuel to the fire, plus we were all new once, but if your new and your first posts cause you to get -rep its a good idea to apologise and read the rules and restart on the right footing.

#31 ·
hypothetically speaking maybe if 30 people felt strongly enough about his postings to minus rep him maybe the site would be better off without him?

thats not my opinion on the matter, but people dont minus rep lightly even for new members and generally speaking new members dont get minus rep for there opening posts as a matter of course, because most of them post in english and coherently and take the time to read how others post and work out what the rules are.The new member here with a minus rep is an exception

#32 · (Edited)
Reputation Rules
Please do not post about reputations. If you feel you have received an unfair or unjust reputation award please contact a member of staff. Please do not make posts or comments in The Forum complaining about such events. In addition, please do not request or "beg" for reputation points as this will be considered a violation of The Rules.
For the record, the last few pages appear to be against forum rules.

As to the original list, I think it's all pretty much been said. DE melee armies do quite well in special events (arena fights at the FLGS, for example) but they aren't so good for full games. You'll need some vehicles for your combat squads and quite a few more objective-grabbing units. Poke around the Army List section for some pointers, or ask another DE player, this is quite a good site for getting advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.