Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Sacred Word of the Eight-Folded Part (Traitor Guard-army)

16K views 84 replies 8 participants last post by  Iraqiel 
#1 · (Edited)

Hello and I am back with a new project! Since I've sold out my Iron Warriors, which you can see more here, and I out-sourcing (selling) my Imperial Guard-army, which you can look more closely at here, I thought I should start something new. This is something which has been in the making for some time now, especially since my Emperor's Childrens- and my Night Lords-armies are coming to the final stages.

There will be pictures and videos, some are already finished and will appear in due time here!

Fluff:

You who have followed me on the previous threads knows I'm a bit of a fluff-nazi! However at the moment I haven't thought of much as of yet! I'm considering writing a short story about the rise of a Chaos cultist which might be incooperated into this army, but nothing as of yet!

Tips and guides:

There will be some Assembling and Painting Guides coming into this thread. No hating on the quality though as I am aware I'm far from the best painter out there, but I'm far from terrible as well. See them as inspiring and perhaps helpful at most. I will do my best to listen to you who follow this project for tips and wishes of what you'd want to see!

The Army:

At this moment the army is not planned to be big, in fact it might not even be playable with the actually few units I have at my disposal. Since I already did a huge army of Imperial Guard, I see this as just getting of some steam and ideas. At the moment I have somewhere between 2-3 regular squads and a "command"-squad. I'm not entirely certain what rules I should go by, should it be a Cultist-army from the latest CSM-codex or a Count-As-Imperial-Guard-Army, or should it be the first choice with Imperial Guard-allies. That is what the future can only tell. What I do know is that it will Chaos-Undivided, with elements of all 4 Chaos Gods (but perhaps more of some that others). So far Chaos Undivided, Khorne and slightly a bit of Slaanesh which are the most heavily featured!

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
That is completely understandable! The videos are just for help as a short introcution as I'm terible at describing in written words when it comes to guides! The pictures are currently being uploaded right now as we speak. :)

Edited: Sorry about the long waiting, but here is a better organized with more pictures and further in between the videos!

#12 ·
I want to apologize for the long waiting. I recently moved into a dorms-room (or a student-corridor) and have been really busy at the university. But here I come with some updates. First the videos, then the pictures.

#18 ·
Hahah yeah it does look a bit off right there, but at the same time it looked slightly empty not using it! I'm thinking about using Bloodletter-sword-arms as well to see how that turns out!

Looking really good there fork, the use of the bloodletter standard and arm works well. How big is the force these days?
Yeah, I was a bit worried it might be too big. The model fell over cause it was so heavy on the front, which some left-over metal bits underneath the base fixed. I have no idea. I see this as a small project when taking a break from the Emperor's Children and Night Lords. Since I'm selling my IG, it gives some money back and space.

#28 · (Edited)
Oh thanks, means a lot to hear that! :D I'm soon finished with my first 2 squads, 1 of Alphas and 1 of Undivided/Khorne. :victory: Third with Slaanesh/mutants is coming up. I forgot to post the ending results on the Horrors so here they are.

#30 ·
Washes are a life-saver. They have improved my painting when they arrived by 150%. Yeah pink can so easily be ruined if not careful. I would definitiely want to show more painting guides where I'm actually painting, but there would be many "Ooops, have to redo that!" For these I simply try and water down a a thin Emperor's Children-paint for base and simply do a careful drybrush of Changeling Pink on top. Then depending on the model. If I do my EC-CSM, I tend to use the old Leviathan Purple on the edges. For these Pink Horrors, I used Carroburg Crimson on the deeper shadowy areas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.