Thousand Sons - Page 2

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Thousand Sons

Chaos Marines Army Lists

#11 Old 05-03-12, 11:56 AM Thousand Sons
Crabid

Warptime got faq'd so it isn't very good now, you have to reroll all of the dice, not just the misses or failed wounds, so while it can help with a total fluff, the chances of getting a perils for using it every turn (including your opponents turn) makes it not worth while imo.

I would consider a daemon weapon lord, the tzeentch daemon weapon gets D6 str 4 ap3 shots as well as D6 extra attacks in close combat, so it's essentially doombolt.

On top of that a daemon weapon lord with mark of tzeentch is only 145 points and he's immune to all the anti psyker stuff like hoods and psyk out grenades.

If you want to give him some anti tank, combi melta and melta bombs will make him 160.

For a close combat stat hammer; you'll get about 5.8 attacks average per turn with the lord vs 4 with the option to reroll for the sorcerer.

For terminators, the reaper autocannon is pretty expensive, especially compared to your other options; heavy flamer is a very strong choice, generally taken along with a full rack of combi weapons and a single chainfist per 3 as a general rule of thumb. Especially since it looks like you will deep strike them on one of your thousand sons squads. Personally I find terminators under-perform in general though... for those points and the few you'd save on the lord you could get 2 x 2 obliterators and squash a defiler in there!
Sponsored Links

#12 Old 05-03-12, 12:58 PM Thousand Sons
allisalie
allisalie's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlock5184 View Post

HQ:
Chaos Sorcerer 180pts
(Mark of Tzeentch, Warptime, Bolt of Change)

Elites:
Chaos Terminators 220
(+4 Terminators, +1 Champion with Mark of Tzeentch, Reaper Autocannon x1)

Troop:
Thousand Sons 309pts
(Sorcerer Doom Bolt & Personal Icon, +8 Sons, Rhino (Havoc Launcher))
Chaos Sorcerer Joins

Thousand Sons 314pts
(Sorcerer Doom Bolt & Personal Icon & Melta Bombs, +8 Sons, Rhino (Havoc Launcher))

Heavy Support:
Obliterator Cult 75pts

Obliterator Cult 75pts

Obliterator Cult 75pts
Good list think was would work really well with this list is 2 combat squads with razor backs but unfortunately CSM can't do that.

Maybe in the new codex. I wrote a list like this but swapped the oblits out for Preds and used the parking lot tactic. Worked very nicely.

#13 Old 05-04-12, 08:13 AM Thousand Sons
warlock5184
warlock5184's Flag is: USA

@ allisalie yea the Predator in any Marine Army is a nice fire support platform

@ Crabid I like the Deamon Weapon Lord setup may use it, as for the Terminators figure I need at least a decent close combat unit of some kind figure Terminators, Chaos Champions, two Chaos Dreads or maybe a large group of lesser deamons each have there pros and cons went to Terminators first mainly since I got some but it not set in stone.

Been reading up on the Chaos Dreadnought, I think using two both with two close combat arms would be deadly, anyone have any experience with this setup?

Last edited by warlock5184; 05-04-12 at 08:17 AM.

#14 Old 05-07-12, 10:41 AM Thousand Sons
warlock5184
warlock5184's Flag is: USA

So I think I'm going to use the Chaos Lord setup that Crabid posted but I'm not sure if I should take Terminator Armor or not. If I use this setup Chaos Lord (Mark of Tzeentch, Deamon Weapon, Combi, Melta Bombs) for 160pts he can join one of the Thousand Sons squad and support from there or I could do Chaos Lord (Mark of Tzeentch, Deamon Weapon, Terminator Armor) is also 160pts, worst case I can drop one Melta Bomb or Icon from the Thousand Sons Squad for a combi, this way he could join the Terminator Squad and deep strike with them. Like any gear choice each has pros and cons just not sure which is over all best right now I'm leaning to the Terminator Armor think he will do the most damage with them. Thoughts?

Last edited by warlock5184; 05-07-12 at 10:58 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists