Dawn Of War 3

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

Dawn Of War 3

Video Games & Software

#1 Old 05-01-12, 08:37 PM Dawn Of War 3
J_PikaChua
J_PikaChua's Flag is: Philipines
Icon Dawn Of War 3

Hey heretics, I was wondering if anyone else heard about the new DoW Relic was planing to release after DoW Retribution. Said it was gonna be a combo of the first two, but more in an mmo kind of way. I'm thinking "How the hell are they going to pull that off?" Me and a couple guys were talking about it while playing TLS in Retribution the other day. Here's a couple links about Relic confirming that they are planning DoW 3, set to release in the time period of August 2012 to February 2013.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/13/da...tom-mega-army/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...details-emerge

I really wish they would bring back base building though. There's no fun in just troops.

CHAOS SPACE MARINES - "Pain is my ally, let me show you!!"
My YouTube channel: AzNFClan
My Website: GamersHaus
FACEBOOK: GamersHaus | AzNF
TWITTER: @GamershausAzNF
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 05-01-12, 09:33 PM Dawn Of War 3
Zerodyme619
Zerodyme619's Flag is: Germany

Most of these are pretty much rumors, and it has been quite silent, especially since THQ was/is in some financial trouble.
If I could wish for some form of gameplay, I would love them to take some ideas from the totalwar series. DoW2 was small and the campaign focused on few characters, which was awesome, so to change it up, I would like to see giant battles, including Titans aso.
That way, they could scratch base building in battle completely, as I hated that in DoW1. I enjoy quick games like Starcraft or CnC, but in general I really prefer Strategy Games with a more realistic pacing and scale.

All generalizations are false.

#3 Old 05-02-12, 11:42 AM Dawn Of War 3
Vaz
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I enjoyed the single player bits in 2, because of the story, which allowed the build up of squads and personalities in a way in which the "Total War" style campaign didn't.

I would like to see a Story Mode, a Campaign Mode, and a Skirmish Mode in the next one.
Selling up; moving to Australia with my fiance, and leaving behind my Warhammer; I'd appreciate any help with anyone wanting to buy my stuff; Warhammer, and odds and ends; old cheap laptop, PS1/PC games, Insignium Astartes, Warhammer Fantasy, Storm of Magic etc.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=142425

Please help out a brother, much appreciated!

#4 Old 05-02-12, 12:34 PM Dawn Of War 3
Haskanael
Firemane Dreamcaster
Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

huge army's are fun, but I prefer the no basebuilding style. tho adding something extra to build real defenses would be nice.

#5 Old 05-02-12, 03:12 PM Dawn Of War 3
Lord of the Night
Chaos God of Old Night
Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_PikaChua View Post
I really wish they would bring back base building though. There's no fun in just troops.
Base building is the worst part of any game. Dawn of War II's style is great, they should just allow limited defences to be built.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

#6 Old 05-02-12, 04:35 PM Dawn Of War 3
CaptainQuackers
CaptainQuackers's Flag is: Australia

I definitely liked DoW2's style of play, especially the campaign, but please god why can they never give the races their full selection of units?! Eldar didn't even have Dire Avengers or Striking Scorpions for crying out loud. One thing that I don't see happening but would be fantastic if they did, is if you choose a specific chapter you get the specific units assigned to that chapter. If I play Space Wolves or Blood Angels I don't want red or grey tactical marines, the proper units would be nice.

#7 Old 05-02-12, 04:45 PM Dawn Of War 3
Holmstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Base building is the worst part of any game. Dawn of War II's style is great, they should just allow limited defences to be built.

LotN
Yeah, I'm glad to see a strategy game involve small-unit tactics. The game becomes a bit more realistic in a sense and cuts away the repetitive monotony of base building the same nonsense every single game.

#8 Old 05-02-12, 09:08 PM Dawn Of War 3
J_PikaChua
J_PikaChua's Flag is: Philipines

I guess base building wasn't really all that great. Considering the researching every time you played a game. The sense of an army seems pretty good to me, hopefully the new DoW brings in all the new units that GW is spitting out. Also, I'd like if they included every army, and I mean EVERY ARMY.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software