1st up! What's our Theme? - Page 4

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Vision of Heresy

Vision of Heresy Help design Heresy-Onlines own Traitor Legion.

1st up! What's our Theme?

Vision of Heresy

#31 Old 05-02-12, 09:53 PM 1st up! What's our Theme?
SoulGazer
SoulGazer's Flag is: USA

Since a bunch of people want a Craftworld, then let's use a Craftworld. But do we need to be Eldar? We find a deserted Craftworld with the lingering spirits of the Eldar there who won't/can't exactly tell us what happened. We either fight them or gain their trust, setting up a mini astropathic choir type thing(not necessarily of humans) to communicate with them. Then when we try to get this thing to go where we want, the Eldar spirits seem to guide it near seemingly random places where we find more ways to repair/improve the Craftworld, as well as build our ability to fight off threats. Meanwhile we gain clues here and there of what exactly happened to the Eldar, and hopefully avoid the same fate.

This sounds a lot more like an RPG scenario, but there ya go. I'll admit that I'm not entirely sure of how exactly a Craftworld works, so if this idea wouldn't work at all, then lemme know and I'll try something else.
EA: The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Game companies rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished. Bioware was not the first. By utilizing our funding, game companies develop along the paths we desire. They exist because we allow it, and will end because we demand it.

Last edited by SoulGazer; 05-02-12 at 09:56 PM.
Sponsored Links

#32 Old 05-04-12, 10:04 AM 1st up! What's our Theme?
Serpion5
"Alternative" Mod...

We can always make a loose alliance of several factions. This naturally wouldn't benefit from the best each faction can offer, but it would give us a bit more versatility.

Is anyone familiar with the Lucian Alliance of Stargate? Think Renegade astartes/guard, allying with eldar corsairs and perhaps even kroot mercenaries. Whether this faction is good, evil or neutral is up for debate.

Nonsense is our Salvation

#33 Old 05-04-12, 10:29 AM 1st up! What's our Theme?
Aramoro

I don't believe no one is going for the Space Minstrels, YOU HAVE NO VISION!

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

#34 Old 05-04-12, 10:54 AM 1st up! What's our Theme?
Serpion5
"Alternative" Mod...

Well we can include that later. Just for you Aramoro.

#35 Old 05-04-12, 12:21 PM 1st up! What's our Theme?
Dicrel Seijin
Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
I don't believe no one is going for the Space Minstrels, YOU HAVE NO VISION!
I for one liked your Producers-inspired vision.

I can't believe I voted for this then completely forgot about it.

I have a suggestion in regards to the space marines. Why not have a pre-Heresy expedition force pop out of the warp in M41? They're not Imperial by definition since they believe in the Imperial Truth and not the Imperial Creed and they don't even know Chaos exists yet. And their AdMech aren't completely around the bend about machine spirits.

They're horrified by what's happened to the Imperium and seek to change it. And this will require some change in thought. As the Imperial forces are hostile and have branded them heretical, this expeditionary force is forced to work with xenos.

Just a thought, it's been an interesting read so far.

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log

#36 Old 05-05-12, 11:03 AM 1st up! What's our Theme?
Garion
Garion's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm going to stick my neck out again and risk being shot down by 40k fan boys ;) . But I really would love to do a Skaven 40k army.

* They already have the miniatures to make creating this army possible.
* They have the technology to create mech, power claw, warp lightning cannons etc..., and they have cool gods demi gods, daemons and mutations.
* They also have the ability/technology to create a warp rift, probably by accident(details can be worked out later), which could warp them into the 40k universe. ( i found the perfect planet for them to land on and wrote it down somewhere, will try and find that again )
* The possibilities are endless and there are already some very 40k ish minis available for them.

space rats FTW

note these minis are for a bloodbowl team, but you get the idea :D

#37 Old 05-05-12, 02:23 PM 1st up! What's our Theme?
CPT Killjoy
CPT Killjoy's Flag is: USA

@Garion

I don't know if you're familiar with Invader Zim at all but.... all I keep thinking when this is brought up is the planet Blorch, home of the slaughtering rat people

#38 Old 05-05-12, 03:33 PM 1st up! What's our Theme?
Garion
Garion's Flag is: United Kingdom

No I have never heard of this. but just looked it up. :D

I would love there to be a little bit of comic relief in 40k, Orks and mainly goblins supply it in WFB but there is nothing in 40k. I would love an army that had the same kind of unreliable toops that goblins do in WFB, that rely on good dice and when they get them they can be great and when the roll badly they destory them self.

Flamers setting fire to them self, jet pack guys exploding or flying off in the wrong direction, troops turning on their own etc...

It is something 40k is seriously lacking.

#39 Old 05-05-12, 04:30 PM 1st up! What's our Theme?
Dave T Hobbit
Tzeentch laughs at likely
Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

But 40K is grimdark; no jokes for you.

#40 Old 05-06-12, 02:03 AM 1st up! What's our Theme?
Archon Dan
Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Killjoy View Post
@Garion

I don't know if you're familiar with Invader Zim at all but.... all I keep thinking when this is brought up is the planet Blorch, home of the slaughtering rat people
Why can't we go to the planet with the universe's most comfortable couch? I love that show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
But 40K is grimdark; no jokes for you.
There is humour in 40K. It's just rare and spread among most of the races(not sure Tyranids have a sense of humour). But I laughed when reading both the Necron and Dark Eldar codici. Though the latter may have been because I'm a sadist.

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Vision of Heresy