[2000] World Eaters (count as)

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

Space Marine Army Lists

#1 Old 05-01-12, 09:15 AM [2000] World Eaters (count as)
ondskapt
ondskapt's Flag is: France

Hi,

I'd like to play some Juggernaut for my Chaos Army and as the current codex doesn't allow this (except on the Chaos Lord for +1S +1A), I'm looking at the Space Wolves codex to play them count as Thunderwolves.

I'm focused on Assault (hey, World Eaters !) so here's the list :

[HQ]
- Wolf Lord (Thunderwolf, Runic armor, Frost Axe, Wolftooth Necklace, Saga of the Wolfkin) [200]

[ELITE]
- Dreadnought (1x Multi Melta, 1x Heavy Flamer) [105]
- Drop pod [35]

- 7x Wolf Scouts (1x Meltagun) [115]
- 1x Wolf Guard (1x Combi Melta, 1x Powerfist) [43]

[TROOPS]
- 7x Grey Hunters (1x Meltagun, 1x Power weapon) [125]

- 7x Grey Hunters (1x Meltagun, 1x Power weapon) [125]
- 1x Rhino [35]

- 7x Blood Claws (1x Flamer, 1x Power weapon) [120]
- 1x Wolf Guard (1x Combi Flamer, 1x Powerfist) [43]
- 1x Rhino [35]

- 7x Blood Claws (1x Flamer, 1x Power weapon) [120]
- 1x Wolf Guard (1x Combi Flamer, 1x Powerfist) [43]
- 1x Rhino [35]

[FAST ATTACK]
- 3x Thunderwolf (1x Storm Shield, 1x Thunderhammer) [210]

- 8x Fenrisian Wolf [64]

- 8x Fenrisian Wolf [64]

[HEAVY SUPPORT]
- 1x Land Raider (1x Multi Melta) [260]

- 1x Predator (2x Lascan Sponsons) [120]

My thoughts :
- as a Khorne followers I obviously try to play 8 members squad,
- I know Fenrisians Wolves aren't a hard choice but Hounds of Khorne (or Chaos Hounds) could look nice on the table. They will offer a 4++ save by screening the Thunderwolves. If they manage to charge something, well, it's a bonus,
- The Dreadnought will shoot any tank first turn,
- Grey Hunters could open a transport with meltas and charge its content,
- Blood Claws can charge with a high numbers of attacks and 2 flamers can reduce the ennemy strenght,
- Thunderwolves with the Lord,
- Land Raider with the multi melta can help opening high AV transport

What are your thoughts about this list ? Strong, weak ? I'm not seeking a tourny list, more a fluff way to have fun with Juggernauts without being crushed in 2 turns (and without buying a new whole army - Chaos Deamons for example)
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 05-01-12, 11:04 AM [2000] World Eaters (count as)
bastex
bastex's Flag is: Belgium

if you are going to try to open high av tanks whit a mm on your landraider then you are gonna get close and personal whit your lr im guessing? the lr redeemer is boss on that terain its 10 points cheaper and has 2 str6 ap3 flamers to dish out the pain

further the wolf scouts i noticed they are fun when they work they work well but usualy they don't do it for me

usualy i find the mark of the wulfen having more effect then the powerweapon (ok its more on the luck of the dice but its fun)

what i would try to do is drop the pred/lr and try to get more cav in there
(they are the most scariest thing your opponent is have to deal whit)

blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull trone, kookies for my kookiejar?

#3 Old 05-01-12, 05:58 PM [2000] World Eaters (count as)
Asura Varuna

Looks nice. Personally I'd forgo Blood Claws all together - they're simply not as good as the far more versatile Grey Hunters. When you're using the codex with the best troop choice in the game, why not take them?

I'd kit Thunderwolves thus:
Stormshield
Stormshield + Meltabombs
Power Fist

Gets the most out of your wound allocation and I don't think you ever really need the stunning effects of the Thunder Hammer. Meltabombs are cool if you accidentally find yourself charging a Land Raider or something (perhaps as part of a multi-charge or some other opportune time)

Personally, I'd drop the Dreadnought. I just don't think leaving it isolated on Turn 1 is particularly sensible is all. But hey, might keep some anti-tank firepower off your other advancing units. Perhaps use its points to get a unit into the Landraider - seems awful lonely without a squad to cart around (and shelter from oncoming fire). Or alternatively, to purchase some of the seemingly ever-present Longfangs.

Good stuff though, offers a lot of interesting conversion opportunities.

Quote:
- Grey Hunters could open a transport with meltas and charge its content,
Actually they can't. If you shoot, you can only assault the unit you shoot at. It's just bad luck (well, not really) if you toast it in the shooting phase. This applies also to transports and their occupants. However, if a different unit, eg, the Land Raider, pops the tank and the Grey Hunters proceed to shoot the men stumbling from it, they can then assault the survivors. (provided that they didn't disembark that turn or anything.)

Last edited by Asura Varuna; 05-01-12 at 06:00 PM.

#4 Old 05-01-12, 08:24 PM [2000] World Eaters (count as)
scscofield
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE
scscofield's Flag is: USA

If you pop a transport during shooting that unit can then assault the guys inside Asura.

#5 Old 05-01-12, 08:56 PM [2000] World Eaters (count as)
ondskapt
ondskapt's Flag is: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asura Varuna View Post
Good stuff though, offers a lot of interesting conversion opportunities.
My Chaos Lord

I bought some bitz (Thunderwolves rider's legs, WHB Chaos shield etc.) to build the next ones, their equipment will be magnetised, so I'll try a few configuration
I keep in mind yours by the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asura Varuna View Post
Actually they can't. If you shoot, you can only assault the unit you shoot at. It's just bad luck (well, not really) if you toast it in the shooting phase.
They can, it's an exception in the rules.

I'll try Blood Claws for their Berzerk rule (4 attacks in charge = what I currently have with my Khorne Berzerkers) so I can keep my bucket of dices to throw If they're really that bad, I'll play them as Grey Hunters. Anyway, the model is a Khorne Berzerker so ...

@Bastex
My LR is a standard one, with Lascan/Heavy Bolter. To remain wysiwyg at most, I'll keep it that way. I just have to buy/magnetise a Multi-Melta on the hull.
For a first try, I'll keep the Predator : I already have one, I only have to buy 1 box of juggernauts to try this list.

Thanks for your comments !

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists