1500 Blood Angles

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists

1500 Blood Angles

Space Marine Army Lists

#1 Old 05-01-12, 10:11 AM 1500 Blood Angles
Avnofear
Avnofear's Flag is: Wales
1500 Blood Angles

I'm playing my first game with this army in the next few days and iv put together two list's which i cannot decide which one is best. So im hoping people could give me some direction with this.

List 1
HQ:

Sanguinor - 275pts

Elites:

Chaplain - 100pts

Terminator Assault Squad - 461pts
(2xTH/3xLC - Land Raider Redeemer - Multi-Melta/Searchlight )

Sanguinary Priest - 50pts

Troops:

Assault Squad - 214pts
(1+ Marine/1 PF/1 Melta - Razorback-DozerBlade/Search light/ TL Las )

Assault Squad - 196pts
(1 PF/ 1 Melta - Razorback - Dozerblade/ Search light/ TL Assault Cannon)

Heavy:

Stormraven - 201pts
( TL Las / Multi-Melta / Search light )

List 2
HQ:
Librarian - 145pts
(terminator armour/storm shield)

Elites:

Chaplain - 100pts

Terminator Assault Squad - 461pts
(2xTH/3xLC - Land Raider Redeemer - Multi-Melta/Searchlight )

Sanguinary Priest - 50pts

Troops:

Assault Squad - 196pts
(/1 PF/1 Melta - Razorback-DozerBlade/Search light/ TL Las )

Assault Squad - 196pts
(1 PF/ 1 Melta - Razorback - Dozerblade/ Search light/ TL Assault Cannon)

Heavy:

Stormraven - 201pts
( TL Las / Multi-Melta / Search light )

Vindicator - 146pts
(Search light)

typed this out fast as i have work very soon and have to get ready so im sorry for any mistakes but any feed back will be very much appreciated

AvNoFear
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 05-01-12, 10:32 AM 1500 Blood Angles
Aramoro

I find Blood Angles are quite tricky to play well you will need some really acute strategies to deal specific threats, a 360 Degree army you might call it.

I really prefer the second list as the Sanguinor is a tricky tool to use in a first game. One thing I would change is the Chaplin, I would make him into more Priests so all your Squads including the Terminators can have one.

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

#3 Old 05-01-12, 05:50 PM 1500 Blood Angles
Asura Varuna

The second list, but personally I don't see the point in having a Land Raider and a Storm Raven. Most people seem to pick one or the other and free up a lot of points for other stuff.

But that's really up to you. I'd probably drop the Raider, to allow for some Alpha-strike options with the Storm Raven. With those 250 points saved you could either invest in a second Vindicator or have a look at getting more troops. As it stands you have a total of 10 T4 3+ scoring bodies. Most armies can crack tanks open, and these guys are insanely vulnerable. I'd strip them of the upgrades, go for a single melta and a a Razorback with your weapon of choice. (Personally, I think Las-plas is a good combination, bu Assault Cannons are good too). With the squads thus stripped, and the Raider replaced with a second Vindicator, you'll be able to fit in a 3rd troops choice.

Probably not worth saying, but I personally despise playing against Deathstar armies. The games go one of two ways:

1) You kill the Deathstar's transport and proceed to slaughter the rest of the army.
2) You fail to kill the deathstar's transport and he spends several terms chewing through your units while you carefully avoid allowing him to multi-charge you.

Neither makes for a particularly interesting game when your opponent simply rushes straight into you with a "kill or be killed" mentality devoid of any and all tactical thinking. Also, it doesn't work against any army more mobile than a breeze-block and with the current meta for armoured mobility and any anti-mech firepower you'll probably get some pretty nasty match-up (Dark Eldar, Eldar, Tau (though I never thought I'd admit Tau might succeed at anything).

#4 Old 05-05-12, 08:15 PM 1500 Blood Angles
TattooedGreenMan
TattooedGreenMan's Flag is: USA

You know everyone bitches about storm ravens but I think they are a great addition to an army. For one thing they scare the piss out of people and they focus all their fire on it leaving the rest of your army to rape face.

#5 Old 05-09-12, 02:51 AM 1500 Blood Angles
JAMOB
So be it.
JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Id go with list two, but stormraven + LR = repetitive. Also, its weird seeing so many searchlights. Not that their bad, just that SM lists normally line up really well... on the fives. no 6s, etc are common. Its not bad, just something interesting I noticed and the stormraven... 201 points i like it.
I prefer packs to transports, but thats just me. both work

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Space Marine Army Lists