Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW

General 40k

#1 Old 04-25-12, 04:08 PM Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW
Mortem Lancea
Mortem Lancea's Flag is: USA
Default Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW

I'm a new player and though I have enough minis for a 1500 pt army I'm still getting my initial collection of Grey Knights together. As with any minis game I'll probably never be done buying stuff for it. I've seen some minis on Ebay that are advertised as out-of-print that apparently are not available from my 2 go-to online stores. The same minis, various assassins and inquisitors for example, are listed on the GW website with a price and I'm assuming that I could add them to the shopping cart and pay for them like any other item.

My question is are these "OOP" minis listed as for sale on the GW site really in stock or maybe available after a short delay? How about a GW brick-and-mortar store through a special order? GW would not be the first company to have items up for sale that are out of stock (though money gladly accepted) and in a worst-case situation never to be in stock again.

#2 Old 04-25-12, 04:14 PM Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW
JokerGod
JokerGod's Flag is: Italy

You can buy them direct from GW, or you could hve them ordered from a brick and morter.

Half the things listed on Ebay as OOP are not actually out of print, they just add it to make you pay more, also never believe "Pro painted", its always a lie.

~Joker
These are some of my favorite things.

#3 Old 04-25-12, 04:17 PM Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW
Mortem Lancea

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerGod View Post
also never believe "Pro painted", its always a lie.

~Joker
You got that right, brother. I've seen so much badly-painted overpriced crap marked as "pro painted" that it's not even funny.

Good news on the availability tough.

#4 Old 04-25-12, 04:21 PM Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW
Blacksword72
Blacksword72's Flag is: USA

My question is are these "OOP" minis listed as for sale on the GW site really in stock or maybe available after a short delay? How about a GW brick-and-mortar store through a special order? GW would not be the first company to have items up for sale that are out of stock (though money gladly accepted) and in a worst-case situation never to be in stock again.[/quote]

In response to the above. I have ordered some OOP minatures before from GW, and I have always received them. Never had a problem.

#5 Old 04-25-12, 04:53 PM Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW
khrone forever
khrone forever's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksword72 View Post
My question is are these "OOP" minis listed as for sale on the GW site really in stock or maybe available after a short delay? How about a GW brick-and-mortar store through a special order? GW would not be the first company to have items up for sale that are out of stock (though money gladly accepted) and in a worst-case situation never to be in stock again.
In response to the above. I have ordered some OOP minatures before from GW, and I have always received them. Never had a problem.[/QUOTE]

well they wont be OOP then will they, as that means out of production, if they were selling them they are not OOP. never believe ebay

see my guard army here

see my Empire army

#6 Old 04-25-12, 05:12 PM Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW
SilverTabby
SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerGod View Post
You can buy them direct from GW, or you could hve them ordered from a brick and morter.

Half the things listed on Ebay as OOP are not actually out of print, they just add it to make you pay more, also never believe "Pro painted", its always a lie.

~Joker
*Almost* always a lie. Some of us can legitimately say we are/were professional painters...

A random collection of my stuff

#7 Old 04-25-12, 07:23 PM Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW
Suijin

Well assuming you are paying them something for the models, then they are "professionally" painted. You did pay them after all. It doesn't mean they are any good at it, just paid.

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."

#8 Old 04-25-12, 08:46 PM Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW
Boc
Like a Bawss
Boc's Flag is: USA

With regards to OOP, out of production just means they aren't making them any more. Depending on the demand of the models in question, their existing stockpile could still last for a considerable while.

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.

#9 Old 04-25-12, 11:13 PM Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW
Mortem Lancea

Well, I know where to order those HQ and elites from. Of course I would get a better price from my LGS (got a good store here that sells all GW 25% off all the time), miniaturemarket.com, or warstore.com but for those harder to find minis I'll be placing an order from GW. Free shipping over $55 isn't bad, in our epensive hobby you take what breaks you can get.

I've been kicking around the idea of getting into Battlefleet Gothic as well, good to know there's a source for those minis direct through GW. I've read a couple posts here on Heresy that led me to believe BG ships were hard to find but maybe that's not the case.

#10 Old 04-25-12, 11:32 PM Ordering "OOP" 40k Minis Direct from GW
Kreuger
Critique for da CriticGod
Kreuger's Flag is: USA

I've bought a number of OOP models. I started my chaos army when I was in 7th or 8th grade now almost 20 years ago. I have an especial and nostalgic fondness for rogue trader era chaos marines, dreadnoughts (I have 3!), daemon engines (3 of them too!), and daemons. I have a lot of them from 'way back' but I've also supplemented my collection with models of that era from eBay. I've also assembled over the years bloodletter units from each era, 4 editions of bloodletters =)

My suggestions to you when buying OOP models:
  1. Do your homework, make sure that the model is really oop, and find out what game edition and year its was produced.
  2. Bide your time and don't buy right away.
  3. Unless you're sure you have an amazing deal, especially on eBay its often worth watching the secondary market for a few weeks or a few months to see what the going rate is. One week what you're looking for might be scarce and expensive, the following week there might be a ton of auctions for a lot cheaper.
  4. Set your maximum price before you make a bid.
  5. Understand what you want and what it is worth to you, and be ready to let it go if you can't get it for your maximum price.
  6. Auctions are designed to encourage snap judgments at the last moment - after all, people like to win things!
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k