Conscripts: The Final Word - Page 10

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles

Tactica Articles This is the place to post if you have an in-depth tactics article or guide on how to use a unit or army. Codex specific guides go in their respective subforum. General topics belong in the main forum.

Conscripts: The Final Word

Tactica Articles

#91 Old 04-25-12, 04:00 PM Conscripts: The Final Word
Antonius
Antonius's Flag is: United Kingdom

Where is everyone quoting the fearless rule from?? Conscripts don't have the rule, and neither do LCs. The only units in the dex with it are FTHC ordered units and marbo (its Ld10 Stubborn, with 1 model dying at most to Summary Execution, with a sphere of effectiveness). Yes i think they are a quick-to -die unit, but they are no weaker than regular guardsmen (if accompanied by an LC), and are not really much worse than their fully fledged counterparts (WS2 is not much different to WS3 against avg WS4). I would like to see that if you decide to spread them out (severly reducing wound count at range). Walker tarpits will kill them badly, but i can't see them as much worse in CC than regular guardsmen in that role (but only when babysitted, otherwise they run away at the merest boo). I do second the point that point for point, IG combined blobs are more effective, but i was trying to consider how to use them in a foot list (or even a hybrid list)

Antonius

WHAT, I CAN'T HAVE MORE THAN SIX MANTICORES!

I'm facing NECRONS
Sponsored Links

#92 Old 04-25-12, 05:34 PM Conscripts: The Final Word
MidnightSun
Rattlehead

Priests don't make you Fearless anymore?

Well, in that case you have to deal with the lack of Stubborn making you Ld 2-4 and dying all at once. Alternatively , you buy a Lord Commissar to attach to the squad, but then you're making them cost more than the Guardsmen/Commissar equivalent.

Midnight

#93 Old 04-25-12, 05:50 PM Conscripts: The Final Word
VanquisherMBT
Banned
VanquisherMBT's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Priests don't make you Fearless anymore?
I actually did say that quite a while back

#94 Old 04-25-12, 06:10 PM Conscripts: The Final Word
MidnightSun
Rattlehead

My apologies, it's so rare I see a Priest that I haven't bothered remembering the rules for them.

Midnight

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > Tactica Articles