Choice between 3 lists for 1850 tourney. - Page 3

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Choice between 3 lists for 1850 tourney.

Chaos Marines Army Lists

#21 Old 04-23-12, 01:47 AM Choice between 3 lists for 1850 tourney.
InfinityX

So I did win my 1st round today against a friend with Space Wolves. Not much to say aside that he was frankly a new player and made some terrible choices like dropping his pods 10 kms away from my troops and managing only 2 charges (1 against my termicide). I plasma spammed him all game long and only lost 1 oblit, 1 rhino and 3 plague marines, I won controlling 3 points to his only one. Next week I'll be playing against either orks, eldar, dark eldar or vanilla Marines.
Sponsored Links

#22 Old 04-25-12, 02:38 PM Choice between 3 lists for 1850 tourney.
Ravner298
Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Yes but a larger squad size means u can put wounds on other members and keep the champ alive longer, petentually.

You need a PF in a squad. In fact I would say you always need a PF in every squad so you can deal with every eventuality. A PF makes a squad a lot more dangerous... your opponent may think twice about charging in.

I think there is a good argument for running blank champs but I don't know how you thekingelessar can say the list is worse. It simply isn't.
I used to think that way as well. 7 man PM squads with PF champs, I've recently switched over to MSU with no champ and I can say it is vastly superior in pretty much every way, at least with the half a dozen or so games i've played. Seriously, give it a try.

@ OP, good work handing that IG his ass on turn 1

#23 Old 04-28-12, 09:27 PM Choice between 3 lists for 1850 tourney.
InfinityX

So tomorrow is round 2 and I'm going against Eldar with the following list (IG game was a practice one and on the real 1st round I destroyed some space puppies):
Farseer: Runes of witnessing, spirit stones, Doom, Fortune.
Farseer: Runes of warding, Singing spear, Destiny.
Wraithguard: +Spiritseer w/ singing spear
Guardians: Grav platform w/ missile launcher.
2xBikers Guardians (5x each)
Fire Dragons: 10x. Wave Serpent w/ Shuriken cannon.
Howling Banshees: 5x + Exarch (Executioner, War shout). Wave serpent with shuriken cannon.
Warp Spiders: 6x + Exarch (spinneret rifle)
2x Fire Prism

I would like to hear you tactical advice guys!

#24 Old 04-29-12, 12:58 AM Choice between 3 lists for 1850 tourney.
TheKingElessar
I Piss in your Cheerios
TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Kite Wraithguard, they're only good vs Infantry, and have 12" range. Shoot Dragons down early, Banshees next. Prisms are decent but have to twin-link to really harm vehicles, so can kill 1 a turn between two, don't panic, destroy them after dealing with the Dragons' mobility. Any spare anti-infantry shots should go into the Jetbikes to break them. Forcing an LD test on both is better than taking one below half strength but not harming the other. Destiny isn't the name of an Eldar power.

#25 Old 04-29-12, 05:08 AM Choice between 3 lists for 1850 tourney.
InfinityX

The power is Fortune, I was translating his list from spanish on the fly. Anyway, we are playing NOVA rules with quadrants 1st, then killpoint and last C&C. Spearhead deployment.

#26 Old 04-29-12, 02:02 PM Choice between 3 lists for 1850 tourney.
TheKingElessar
I Piss in your Cheerios

Ah, that makes sense. Meant to put a Question mark, lol.

Spearhead, Quarters first, well, mobility is key to winning this one - nuke his, as said above. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

#27 Old 04-30-12, 04:07 AM Choice between 3 lists for 1850 tourney.
InfinityX

So... I won! My opponent made some rather ineffective choices in my opinion, first he left the banshees and the runes of warding farseeer in reserve. Due to us being noobs we argued if the runes worked if the farseer was in reserve, so we decided it with a dice roll, which said no (later we found that yes, it freaking works), the banshees came in on the 4th turn so I got 3 turns of free lashing.
My notes:
9 lascannon shots and I wasn't able to do anything to the serpent with the fire dragons on the 1st turn.
My opponent made a horrible mistake disembarking his fire dragons to pop a rhino less than 6" away then I proceedeed to rapid fire all but one of his fire dragons with the squad that got off the rhino.
When finally the serpent with the banshees came in I popped it and the banshees failed the pining test and suffered the same fate of the fire dragons.
Lash is SO good against wraithguard.
By turn 6 the game was mine, all he had left was the guardian squad, 1 serpent, 1 bike and the wraithguard. I lost a total of 3 rhinos and 7 plague marines from 2 different squads (I got 5 wounds on my oblits due to overheat but lost none).

Next week I'm up against an Imperial Fist player on the finals, I'll translate the list and post it here so you can keep the excellent advise coming! :D

Last edited by InfinityX; 04-30-12 at 04:10 AM.

#28 Old 04-30-12, 10:33 AM Choice between 3 lists for 1850 tourney.
TheKingElessar
I Piss in your Cheerios

Grats on winning.

#29 Old 04-30-12, 11:12 PM Choice between 3 lists for 1850 tourney.
InfinityX

Next list for the final game:
Chapter master Pedro Kantor.
Honor guard squad: 4x honor guard, Chapter champion with thunder hammer. Rhino.
2x Dreadnought: extra armor, twin linked lascannon, CCW with heavy flamer.
Sternguard squad: 4x sternguard plus Sargent. Rhino.
Scout squad: 5x scouts, heavy Bolter, Sargent Telion.
2x tactical squad: 9x tac marines, lascannon, meltagun. Sargent with melta bombs. Rhino.
Assault squad: 4x assault marines plus Sargent with thunder hammer.
2x Vindicator.

As always, your tactical advise is greatly appreciated.

#30 Old 04-30-12, 11:52 PM Choice between 3 lists for 1850 tourney.
TheKingElessar
I Piss in your Cheerios

...That's a terrible list.

The Vindicators are Melta bait, don't waste fire on them at range.
Keep Oblits away from the though.
Scouts can pretty much be ignored until you get a shot at assaulting them, they'll crumble.
Dreads are his only notable anti-tank, unless those Sternguard have Combi-Meltas. Shake them, it's plenty. Who cares if they advance on you with Heavy Flamers thanks to Extra Armour, it just means you net more Victory Points when they get Meltagunned.
If the Lascannons stay in the Rhinos, you can Shake them too, it prevents him firing.
Assault Squad are what you should Lash after you've butchered the Scouts.
Thunder Hammers obviously own your guys in CC, but with Plasma he shouldn't have enough guys to charge with that it matters, especially if you fire out the top hatch and he has to try and punch out a moving vehicle.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists