Windwalkers Vermilion - Page 10

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

Windwalkers Vermilion

Project Logs

#91 Old 12-22-11, 02:15 PM Windwalkers Vermilion
Dave T Hobbit
Tzeentch laughs at likely
Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Good work.

It might just be the lighting, however the varnish seems to have reduced to relative glow from the eye-sockets and crozius; if it has you might want to make power effects even more extreme next time so the varnish does not dull them.

#92 Old 04-15-12, 05:25 PM Windwalkers Vermilion
OIIIIIIO
Jeep's and Harley's
OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

I will try that on the next Reclusiarch that I paint ... should be in a few months here. For the time being I have not really been keeping up with the Log as I am working much overtime as of late. For last month's Painting Comp. I knocked out another Thunder Guppy. I think that I thinned the paint a hair too much and had to do several coats more than usual.

All in all it turned out rather well and I could not wait to finish it so that I could start on my Libbies. These guys are an amalgamation of GW boxes and conversions. Very little green stuff, but I have pinned all of the hands, guns, and CCW's.

I used a box of Grey Knights so that I could get Psychic hoods for them as well as some of the weapons. I like to come up with some rather different poses on the guys and think that they turned out rather nice. When I bought the first Furioso dreadnought that was plastic and saw the giant halberd I knew I had to put it in the hands of one of my Libbies when I got around to making them.

Here are the pics of them after building and priming them, and I am almost finished with one of them. All that needs to be done is to clearcoat him and take pics.

Two with jump packs and two foot slogging ... covers all bases for me. (have not started on the terminator ones yet).

#93 Old 04-15-12, 05:41 PM Windwalkers Vermilion
shiftystylin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIIIIIIO View Post
Krylon satin finish ... the flash makes it look shinier than what it really is.
I was going to say, satin in my mind is a polished effect that doesn't shine. Still, they look great! Did you get the razorback from a town called malice?... Shame on me!

Edit: Did you have to go to overkill anonymous after making the guy with the dreadnought spear arm?

Last edited by shiftystylin; 04-15-12 at 05:43 PM.

#94 Old 04-15-12, 05:47 PM Windwalkers Vermilion
Dave T Hobbit
Tzeentch laughs at likely
Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

That first Librarian looks a touch awkward to me: although it is technically possible for a marine to hold huge weights, the halberd seems too big and his grip does not seem to be on the centre of gravity so my suspension of disbelief was damaged. I suggest turning the hand so he is holding it with the base of the shaft resting on the ground.

#95 Old 04-19-12, 12:48 AM Windwalkers Vermilion
OIIIIIIO
Jeep's and Harley's

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftystylin View Post
I was going to say, satin in my mind is a polished effect that doesn't shine. Still, they look great! Did you get the razorback from a town called malice?... Shame on me!

Edit: Did you have to go to overkill anonymous after making the guy with the dreadnought spear arm?
The first step to being a person who overkills you must willing to admit that you have a problem ............ I admit nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
That first Librarian looks a touch awkward to me: although it is technically possible for a marine to hold huge weights, the halberd seems too big and his grip does not seem to be on the centre of gravity so my suspension of disbelief was damaged. I suggest turning the hand so he is holding it with the base of the shaft resting on the ground.
I can see what you are saying about the weight thing .... but in MY little universe I think of it like this: The metals that are used to make the weapon are analogous to the metals that we have now. The blade is made of Titanium, which is fairly light and strong and the counter-weight at the end of the shaft is made of Steel. Much more compact and heavy per square inch, thus not having to be as large as the blade to make the weapon balanced. That is what I was thinking when I put him together.

I finished my very first Libby today and I am quite pleased although not entirely happy with the result. I mixed Mithiril Silver and Regal Blue in equal parts to try and get a metallic blue. Did not work out quite as well as I wanted but it is very close to the color I wanted after I washed him down with an Asurman Blue.

This guy was made from parts of the Grey Knights box for the legs and Force weapon, as well as the his back for the Force Hood. The chest piece, Jump pack, and bolt pistol came from the Assault Marine box. The right arm came from the Command Squad that was originally holding a banner. I really liked putting this guy together as the force weapon is being held unlike any weapon that I have seen thus far as far as GW models go. I like it even though it was a pain to pin everything so that I would not have any parts fall off later.

#96 Old 04-18-14, 03:13 AM Windwalkers Vermilion
OIIIIIIO
Jeep's and Harley's

Well, after some time off due to working like I am a retard (5 12's and a 10 for 22 weeks) I am finally back to working 4 10's. It has been great for my government due to the LARGE amount I have paid in taxes. It kinda bothers me to gross $2,400 a week and only get to take home $1,300. Big fucking bummer for me. I got some shit paid off and was buying shit all the while.

One of the things that I bought was a Knight and the codex to go with it. I have been working on the knight since I received it 3 weeks or so ago and sadly ... I did not take any pictures of it primed. In the morning I will take some of it and post them up. Good to be back online and able to catch up.

#97 Old 04-19-14, 02:44 AM Windwalkers Vermilion
OIIIIIIO
Jeep's and Harley's

This is the first Knight I have completed ... I really liked the model itself and it is also the first time I ever used decals. The next one I do will have more decals on it now that I am a bit more comfortable with using them.

I also magnetized the weapon so that I could switch it out for the battle cannon or the melta blast

The colour actually ended up being VERY close to my Death Company guys which was rather odd. I used only the new GW paints and never used a wash on the Hapshut Copper.

#98 Old 04-19-14, 10:09 AM Windwalkers Vermilion
Varakir
Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think the face could be more defined, but the colour scheme is fantastic. Really clean paint job and all the metallics work really well together.

Looks like he's just been picked up from the dealer and is ready to kick ass

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs