Tyranid Colours

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

Tyranid Colours

Modelling and Painting

#1 Old 04-16-12, 08:06 PM Tyranid Colours
newt_e
newt_e's Flag is: England

Default Tyranid Colours

Here's an example of my Tyranid colour scheme - I'm not too sure about the colour of the fleshborer - what do others think?

#2 Old 04-16-12, 08:17 PM Tyranid Colours
Sir Whittaker

I like the fleshborer tbh. Colour scheme should look good on those bigger 'nids, big purple scything talons to match the gun sounds good to me. Tidy up your highlights and you should have a beautiful bunch of bugs on your hands!

#3 Old 04-16-12, 08:37 PM Tyranid Colours
newt_e
newt_e's Flag is: England

Cheers. The highlights on the carapace are a bit wide - that was a bit of a last resort. The blue was done with the a shade and a glaze from the new paint range, over a white undercoat. I was trying something out. The purple is Genestealer purple with a Carroburg Crimson wash. I wasn't too sure if I needed to drybrush or highlight as well.

Purple scything talons - hmm, I hadn't though of that one - so all weapons purple - yes. that might work - will definitely need to highlight for that one... I'll see what I can do over the weekend - I've got a warrior in soak for a paint strip at the moment.

#4 Old 04-17-12, 08:35 PM Tyranid Colours
Phenious
Phenious's Flag is: USA

I like the color scheme. Just the gun looks a little flat. needs more depth with darker shadows and lighter highlights.

2011-4/0/5
Hive Fleet Pyrausta- 2300 strong and growing.

#5 Old 04-18-12, 04:52 AM Tyranid Colours
Scythes
Scythes's Flag is: USA

I can't see the pic cuz any upload sites are blocked here, but I tend to do guns on nids the same color as the skin. They're not really carrying the, they're an extension of the nids hands, so it makes sense that it's the same color. I'll have to stop into the computer tent and see these purple talons, they sound interesting.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting