Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions - Page 2

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Heresy Online Competitions

Heresy Online Competitions The place to go to pit your skills against your fellow heretics for awards and bragging rights. Compete in sponsored competitions for fabulous prizes!

Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions

Heresy Online Competitions

#11 Old 04-17-12, 06:50 PM Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions
Dave T Hobbit
Tzeentch laughs at likely
Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

"I have just started a conversion. Can I still enter?"

If the before picture makes it clear exactly what has already been done then this is not different from a longer conversion that it split across more than one month so is acceptable.

As many people did not know the competition was coming this decision is designed to not penalise converters for converting so will be closely reviewed during the first month and might change.

#12 Old 04-24-12, 04:08 PM Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions
Dave T Hobbit

Red Corsairs has asked whether he, as organiser of the Monthly Painting Deathmatch, can enter the Monthly Painting Deathmatch.

As the same question applies to me entering this Conversion Deathmatch I would appreciate any feedback on whether it is fair for me to enter the Conversion Deathmatch. I will not take offence if anyone objects for any reason.

#13 Old 04-24-12, 06:15 PM Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions
Turnip86
Turnip86's Flag is: Poland

Why not? It's judged by a poll after all isn't it so really you have no influence over the result. And lets be honest, the more the merrier.

#14 Old 04-24-12, 06:24 PM Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions
Dave T Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip86 View Post
Why not? It's judged by a poll after all isn't it....
As there are two categories I was planning to do voting with by posting your votes in a thread rather than a poll.

#15 Old 04-24-12, 08:32 PM Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions
Turnip86
Turnip86's Flag is: Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
As there are two categories I was planning to do voting with by posting your votes in a thread rather than a poll.
Well if everyone's vote posts say 'last edited by Dave T Hobbit at [time]' and they all vote for you then we'll know something's up

#16 Old 04-25-12, 01:50 AM Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions
TheKingElessar
I Piss in your Cheerios
TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
Red Corsairs has asked whether he, as organiser of the Monthly Painting Deathmatch, can enter the Monthly Painting Deathmatch.

As the same question applies to me entering this Conversion Deathmatch I would appreciate any feedback on whether it is fair for me to enter the Conversion Deathmatch. I will not take offence if anyone objects for any reason.
I would have no issue with it, but I can equally understand why some would.

I would, if it were me, not enter this first one, even though all of us got plenty of advance warning, simply because I by definition knew about it first, granting me an advantage albeit an insignificant one. But then, the appearance of impropriety to me is hard to overstate. I always take great pains to make it obvious I was not acting improperly.

#17 Old 04-28-12, 03:46 PM Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions
Dave T Hobbit

The rules for May 2012 onward are now set.

The entry thread will be up in a few days.

Last edited by Dave T Hobbit; 04-28-12 at 03:52 PM.

#18 Old 05-02-12, 04:15 PM Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions
Dave T Hobbit

In case you missed it the May thread has been posted.

#19 Old 05-02-12, 10:16 PM Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions
TheKingElessar
I Piss in your Cheerios
TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thanks, I actually HAD missed it. Still, I shall have to abscond this time, I fear...

#20 Old 05-03-12, 09:23 AM Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions
Dave T Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
I shall have to abscond this time, I fear...
What could possibly be more important than getting your tool out?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Heresy Online Competitions