The person that set up the hand/SS modeling for the TWC should be flayed.

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

The person that set up the hand/SS modeling for the TWC should be flayed.

Modelling and Painting

#1 Old 04-16-12, 11:55 PM The person that set up the hand/SS modeling for the TWC should be flayed.
scscofield
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE
scscofield's Flag is: USA

Default The person that set up the hand/SS modeling for the TWC should be flayed.

Don't know about the rest of you but I am finding them annoying as fuck to model. Would it have honestly been that hard to make it a single piece?

Sponsored Links

#2 Old 04-17-12, 03:00 AM The person that set up the hand/SS modeling for the TWC should be flayed.
HorusReborn
Searching for Vulkan
HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

don't know what yer talkin about

#3 Old 04-17-12, 08:46 AM The person that set up the hand/SS modeling for the TWC should be flayed.
the-ad-man
the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

same, explain more, or put this in the offtopic venting thread.

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746

#4 Old 04-17-12, 08:47 AM The person that set up the hand/SS modeling for the TWC should be flayed.
khrone forever
khrone forever's Flag is: United Kingdom

i think the storm shield on the thunder wolf cavalry comes as a separate part to the arm, and thats what hes pissed off at.............i think.........

see my guard army here

see my Empire army

#5 Old 04-17-12, 09:55 AM The person that set up the hand/SS modeling for the TWC should be flayed.
Dicrel Seijin
Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

For the SM terminator models (and by extension the other marine models, including the TWC, I'm assuming), the arm that holds the storm shield is in three parts: the pauldron, the arm from shoulder to wrist, and then the fist gripping the storm shield itself.

I usually just attached the wrist to the fist since there's really only one way to make them fit (unless you're converting).

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log

#6 Old 04-17-12, 10:45 AM The person that set up the hand/SS modeling for the TWC should be flayed.
bitsandkits
nice boy, daft though !
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicrel Seijin View Post
For the SM terminator models (and by extension the other marine models, including the TWC, I'm assuming), the arm that holds the storm shield is in three parts: the pauldron, the arm from shoulder to wrist, and then the fist gripping the storm shield itself.

I usually just attached the wrist to the fist since there's really only one way to make them fit (unless you're converting).
its a little bit more complex on the thunderwolves, he does have a point, but given that the arms provided are dual purpose (or more) they are in more parts than you would normally get from gw but from a modelling point of view they are golden.

personally i would just use blutack to pose the model and then when happy with the positions i would crack out the super glue,then if anything goes wrong you can break the join and reposition.

yet another reason to not use silly plastic cement.

#7 Old 04-17-12, 10:58 AM The person that set up the hand/SS modeling for the TWC should be flayed.
Turnip86
Turnip86's Flag is: Poland

But it's so much fun pulling stringy melted plastic apart.

But yes, dry fitting and patience is probably the best way to get it just right.

#8 Old 04-17-12, 11:56 AM The person that set up the hand/SS modeling for the TWC should be flayed.
scscofield
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE
scscofield's Flag is: USA

I will take some pics of what I was talking about and post after I get some sleep.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting