large zombie/ skeles horde vs lizardmen

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles > Warhammer Tactics

Warhammer Tactics Discuss the art of war in Warhammer Fantasy. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

large zombie/ skeles horde vs lizardmen

Warhammer Tactics

#1 Old 03-31-12, 09:59 PM large zombie/ skeles horde vs lizardmen
SlannKnowBest
Default large zombie/ skeles horde vs lizardmen

Hey I am getting into warhammer now "play wise" like I said before so if this is a really bad idea do say so lol.

My friend I never played against before but I seen him play, he brings about 100 extra zombies/ skulls for mass res/reinforcement.

I play lizardmen and we are playing a 4000 point game, huge I know but I have some mates who are helping me with the rules so I am not stairing at the book.

I was reading thought the book and noticed something the "Lord Kroak" and Engine of the gods both do massive damage to hordes of daemons/spirits/undead. So should I take Lord Kroak and 2 skink priests "one on engine of the gods?

Also a few quick questions

1: If you have a Great Weapon can U take a shield? Same for if you have double hand weapons.
2: If you are near your general and your BSB do you add both to your LD role? "max 10 of course"
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 03-31-12, 10:09 PM large zombie/ skeles horde vs lizardmen
KarnalBloodfist
KarnalBloodfist's Flag is: USA

Can't give any advice on the army composition as I haven't played LM in years.

As for the rules questions:
1 - You can take a shield w/ great weapons/halberds/additional hand weapons but you only get to use it against shooting. It will be useless in close combat.
2 - If you are near both the General and BSB, you get to use your General's Ld value and you get to use the BSB to reroll all Ld based tests.

#3 Old 03-31-12, 10:11 PM large zombie/ skeles horde vs lizardmen
SlannKnowBest

Oh ok perfect guiess they arn't just messin with me lol. thank you

#4 Old 04-21-12, 11:28 AM large zombie/ skeles horde vs lizardmen
Hasnat

4000 points... big game. I'd say take Lord Kroak with a unit of Temple Guard, two (yes,2!) EotG, and a death SLann to spam his most expensive vampire lord with death spells, or possibly a loremaster shadow slann to cast pit of shades. Then, have lots of Saurus. Take Becalming on your Slann to reduce his spell power.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles > Warhammer Tactics