Galio Item Build and Philosophy Issue. Help me with a build.

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

Galio Item Build and Philosophy Issue. Help me with a build.

Video Games & Software

#1 Old 02-25-12, 04:27 AM Galio Item Build and Philosophy Issue. Help me with a build.
MidnightKid333
MidnightKid333's Flag is: Canada

Default Galio Item Build and Philosophy Issue. Help me with a build.

I already posted this in the LoL item discussion Forum, but I got no replies so I'll just leave it here.

I have this formula for Playing Galio: If the majority of (or the best players) on the enemy team are AP, spam MR. If they are AD, Build around my Ultimate w/ flat AP thrown around here and there.

Here is my All-comers build:
Meki Pendant +2pots at start
build into Tear of the goddess
Buy Needlessly Large Rod
save up for Negatron Cloak
Buy 2 Regrowth pendants
Finish my Force of Nature
Buy the Hg Treads
Build Needlessly Large Rod into deathcap or Hourglass
Buy Abyssmal Sceptor
Buy Thornmail
turn the tear into Archangels Staff

I only buy the tear and wait til far-late-game for AAS for some complimentary mana along with better Mana regen. I usually have it at about 650-750 charge by 40-50 mins. I also build heavily into Utility for other supportive buffs to me. More on that later.

Here is my MR build:
Regrowth Pendant + 2pots
Force of Nature
Force of Nature
Force of Nature
Hg Treads
Abyssmal Sceptor
Deathcap

Forces of Nature give me some cool movement speed along with the mess of MR and cool HP regen, so they are a necessity.
Abyssmal Sceptor and Deathcap Grant me some nice flat AP to squash AP champs, since most of them are relatively squishy. If Someone is countering me with MR, I swap Hg Treads for Sorceror Shoes. I build once into Resolute Smite for a decent Harass, then immediately start upgrading Bulwark, altering between Bulwark and Resolute Smite.

If you think Another item would be better than what I have in one of the builds, do not hesitate to point it out.

I also need a good anti-AD build. I want to stay away from Frozen Heart, though, because it will make my ultimate less effective. I want Cooldown Reduction to use it more frequently, along with these 3 items: Thornmail, Abyssmal Sceptor and the Sunfire Cape.

A Ultimate-rounded build is very useful to use since the AD champs are usually very Speedy hitters and must walk right up to me during my taunt, so it is tougher for them to run away once the Ultimate ends. Abyssmal Sceptor just reduces their MR so I do more damage, gives me some nice AP and Thornmail accompanied with fire cape do massive /second Damage.

I occasionally build a 0/9/21. Utility items stay the same, but In Defense, I take 3 in MR, 1 in armor, 4 in the /level HP and 1 in +30 HP. Before I used this Utility-heavy setup, I went 20 into Offense, 7 in Utility, getting Mana/level, flat mana regen and the Summoners spell buffs, since I used to run Flash And Clarity.

Which Tree do you think I should go with? Does Galio need more hitting power or more Self-supportive buffs? Or does it vary according to the enemy and team?

the attachments: Build 1 is what I use right now. It is the Utility one I was talking about. Build 2 is the Heavy Offense/Tanks AP carry Support Trifecta I used to use. It was just geared towards gettign as much early-game AP as possible. I ran 3 flat-AP quints and still do. I once had 75 AP at the very start of the game. I flattened other AP carries.

Thanks for the help! (rep to anyone who can guess what I mean by "Hg")
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Build.jpg (476.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Build 2.jpg (478.8 KB, 2 views)

#2 Old 02-25-12, 05:32 AM Galio Item Build and Philosophy Issue. Help me with a build.
Wusword77
Wusword77's Flag is: USA

I think you're worrying to much about gaining AP for kills as opposed to doing your true role of a tank.

I would build: Merc treads, Banshees Veil, Abyssal Scepter, Warmogs, Thornmail, Force of Nature.

Mastery pages I would build heavy into the Def tree (0/21/9).

I would recommend going through this build on MOBAfire:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ort-tank-11396

It's the highest rated Galio build on the site and one I've used to decent effect in the past.

#3 Old 02-26-12, 01:46 AM Galio Item Build and Philosophy Issue. Help me with a build.
MidnightKid333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
I think you're worrying to much about gaining AP for kills as opposed to doing your true role of a tank.

I would build: Merc treads, Banshees Veil, Abyssal Scepter, Warmogs, Thornmail, Force of Nature.

I am not too keen on the Veil. I only ever consider it against nukers such as Kassadin or someone with an infinite-range/board control ultimate such as Gangplank, Ezreal, Karthus, Ashe, etc. I would probably swap the Veil for a sunfire cape.

I would also build into Utility equally with that build. Most of my defense would come from Warmogs, Abyssmal, Force of Nature and Thornmail, so Going heavy into the defense tree would be superfluous.

Quote:

It's the highest rated Galio build on the site and one I've used to decent effect in the past.
I already saw that guide, along with plenty of the other Guides about Galio. Personally I prefer to make my own build. It just works best for me. LOL. thanks for the thoughts, though.

#4 Old 02-27-12, 02:54 AM Galio Item Build and Philosophy Issue. Help me with a build.
WoRLoKKeD
WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:

Thing is that Galio hits heavy enough to justify playing him as a mage.

One thing I would suggest, if you intend on taking him with heavy AP, is Zhonya's hourglass. Makes surviving post-ult that much easier.

Also, I'm really not a fan of build guides, as other than showing a nice theorycrafted build, they're completely and utterly useless. Just about every item you build in any game at any point should be situational, depending on who you're laning against/who is causing the most trouble in the mid-late game, but with a focus on taking towers down beyond anything else. Kills are a tertiary goal after towers and map objectives. Anyone who tells you otherwise, ever, is wrong.

Last edited by WoRLoKKeD; 02-27-12 at 02:57 AM.

#5 Old 02-27-12, 01:30 PM Galio Item Build and Philosophy Issue. Help me with a build.
MidnightKid333

I agree with the part about it being situational, that is why I have multiple item builds. Heavy anti-AD, anti casters, Mage build and a mix of them both if the enemy is not so squishy to the point where I can do respectable damage to them.

And once my ultimate ends, everyone just runs for their lives. LOL.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software