Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

My Angel Army

8K views 75 replies 19 participants last post by  RedThirstWill Destroy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All this is my Angel Army,

As i go i'll be posting pics to show how i'm getting on,

The first thing i painted was;

Astorath

Yes,I know it is horendous but i had to start somewhere. I'll be stripping this backlater to re-do the whole thing

Next was,

Dante

This was much better in my opinion I'd calmed down with the paint, i'll probably leave this as is as i'm happy with it for the table top (Appart from his axe keeps breaking!)

Next was a Terminator from my newly arived Space hulk (Cheers Ebay)

Not good I know

Next is the Death Company

I loved painting these, i had just got my new brushes so fine detail was in order and as i went, i could see a vast improvement in my work.

Next Furioso

This was fun, however when i make up the next boxed one i think i'll go for Death Company and i will deffinitley paint it pre construction as i know there are quite a few places left out which is a shame(you can only see if you realy look it'lldo for table top), plus my methods are getting better:grin:

next was my Assault squad, this isn't finished yet but two models are now done and all there waiting for is some fluffy stuff

Last for now is another one of the terminators from space hulk

I'll be painting thes gradualy as i only want to do them as i feel i have improved greatly since last time and using these as a bench mark is good for me(leaving the better one's till the end)

Any feed back welcome, as i'm always striving to improve

Cheers,

Col

See less See more
#32 ·
Just a Quick Update.

Things ARE comming along just taking a little bit longer than planned, I've just finished the Sang' Guard unit (waiting on glue to dry) looking at bassing all of my previous models tomorrow.

Pics will be up tomorrow of the Sang' guards, and the full range of work so far.

Thankyou for C&C it is very much appreciated, and there will be more to follow as i've got too many models at the moment:grin:

#34 ·
Hello Redthirt, Welll first off good job on completing the Sang guard!

If I may make a suggestion, stick a piece of white printer paper behind and underneath your units when you take a picture, it will help the camera focus better and not cause them to look out of focus or blurry.

Your power weapons look good, they seem to blend pretty well together. I am honestly not really sure about the red/pinkish wings. It just doesnt have that catch if you know what I mean, however, please know that that is just my opionion and what really matters is what you think.

Anyways, good luck on the next batch!

Regards,
DoE

#35 ·
As Promised, this is my Army as it stands (Painted that is)

This includes all of the previous models that i have shown to date;

Dante, Mephiston, Termy Chap', x3 Termies from Space Hulk, Assault squad, Death Company, Sang' Guard and a furioso dread'.

I've still got The Whole AoBR box set to paint, The rest Of Space Hulk, Blood Angels battle force, another death Comp' (might not use as Death Comp'), Furiso Dread' and a few other random peices (Gazghull and stuff).

So all in all i'm going to be realy busy this year and i will no doubt buy other models to do, I'd just like to get them all done this year:dunno:

And Finally hear is a sneak peak at what i'm currently working on

This is my Custom Veteran Squad, I've got a fair few bits and bobs to make these up, i hope it will be about 10 strong when finished, the last five will probably be magnetised so i can swap between vangaurd and sterngaurd vets.

Thankyou:grin:

#38 ·
This is my Vet Sergeant, I'm only putting up one pic as I've also posted this into Steve's Unofficial Comp'.

I love the way the NMM Gold has turned out, I tried two different techniques one on the bolter and the other on the chest piece shoulder pads and other fiddly details. Personaly even though I'm happy with the bolter I doubt i'll be doing it with the brown's again, i mutch preffer the other which started with Desert yellow as the darkest colour, the pic' dosn't quite do it justice it looks brilliant in person:grin:

#41 ·
Sorry for the delay but work has been mental, I've got another two of my Vet squad completed with one left to go (you'll have to wait till he's done to see the rest:grin:), almost finished a random ork i've started but for now I give you my re-painted Astorath the Grim

I hope you all like, there will be more pics to follow this was taken on my phone, i must get some sleep!

#43 ·
Grim looks pretty good, not so sure about the purple feathers on the wings, thats just personal opinion, it just appears kinda out of place. I like what you have done with the red highlights, well done.

#44 ·
Well, here they are....

It took alot longer to do these than i planned (work sucks) however they are now done,

My vangaurd Vet squad (custom)

In the last pic is one of my space hulk termies that is now finished for this months Competition's, he's blurred as he decided he is not quite ready for a full frontal appearence just yet:p

I've also just made a purchase from high tech minature's

http://hitechminiatures.com/null/product/info/69

(hopefully that will take you to Gabriel, who I plan to use as my Sanguinor proxy)

As for the rest of the space hulk termies that i'm painting there all now base coated and i'm just plodding on, time for completion (End of this month) Soon.

I've also found that using Green Stuff for basing is amazing, you'll see my handywork once the competition enties are done.

That's all for now folks

#46 ·
Been a while, work is a nightmare at the moment but hey, well here we go.

First off the yellow highlight does look harsh on the pics but i assure you it is good in person:wink:

Flamer

Crowched down termie

Chainfist

Normal

El Capitano

Collective

These where fun to paint so i can definatley see me splashing out another ÂŁ150 on the space hulk box set to do them again, still got a few left from the set and i'll get them done at a later date, however time for something completely diffent next in the middle of doing my sanguinor proxy from Hi-Tech mini's, i'll need to get my next furioso out to start that on tuesday and possibly another squad of assault marines or maybee corbulo who knows?

I don't:p

Hope you all like C&C welcome (you can't get better without it!)

#47 · (Edited)
Quick update for you.

Here's where I'm at at the moment with my entry for this months deathmatch comp, I've already posted my entry proof pic.

I thought I'd fire these up in here as it will now be a while before I get back to this one as I'm waiting for my nice new forge world doors to appear.

Front view

Rear view

There is one thing i noted when painting this model, it is ninja to get an even coat on to large surface areas, so with that thought I'll be looking to invest in an air compressor and spray gun now as this will sort this out for my future vehicle plans.

Better get back to my desk and get my other entry for the monthly cracked and a few of my side projects too. Hopefully by monday i'll have more up for you all:wink:

EDIT: I've just bought some magnets too..............mmmmmmmmmmmm what to do with them?

#52 ·
Here's a work in progress as I am at the moment for the army challenge this month

They're pretty much finished now, waiting on my magnets to turn up to do the assault packs, then there's some minor detailing left to be done on the mini's all in all i should have them finished by tomorrow night backpacks n all, less the bassing and magnetizing.

I've got to drill the weapons out on two more too.

Again I must go back to using my propper camera rather than my phone as the flash on the phone makes the highlights look far too extreme, in flesh they look much nicer!

An update on the rhino, the cupola mounted twin bolter and marine are done now but i'm still waiting on my forge world doors,once i've got them and finished it i'll get some photo's up in here and for the deathmatch comp.

Hope you all like C&C welcome as always

#54 ·
First update for the weekend, Rhino is now completed and here it is.

Whilst painting this bad boy, i've decided before i do another vehicle i'm going to have to buy a spray gun to get a much smoother cover of the paint, also i wish i'd painted the vehicle at the same time as the doors as they are slightly off colour to the vehicle (ah well). this is how we learn though:laugh:

I must admit i din't like the assembly as the track's where slightly fidly (especialy when i put one on backwards:angry:).

I did enjoy how quick it was to paint though, i've found my painting is speeding right up now which i'm more than happy with.

C&C welcome and i hope you enjoy.

Sorry one more thing, my assault marines are all done now i'm sure you saw them lurking behind the rhino however they won't be up till tomorrow as i've still got the bases to finish:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.