Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Brethren (and other projects)

4K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Jacobite 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, welcome to my project thread. This is mainly going to be on my Brethren project with a few interludes of my Emperors Children progress. I must give a large thanks and hats off to Eetion :eek:k: for giving me the ideas I've used for my Brethern figs. Thank you.
The fluff fro the Brethren can be found here
This first one was the tester I used for the colour scheme.

This is going to be there commander. Only done the base coats at this stage with no highlighting or shadeing yet

Comments and ideas are welcome

These are the first and only squad I've done so far.

This has my first attempt at moulding a hood. Might look better if for the next lot I don't use a beaky head.

See less See more
#4 ·
Good times, I like it when folks mix the sprues to create new stuff.

#5 ·
Update

Hi all, time for an update. I'm about 3/4 of the way througth making up the second squad of Brethren and have managed to put some time in on my Lord Commander. Also started painting my Slaanesh termes.
Enjoy
Lord Commander Bekenel

and my slaanesh terme

#7 ·
update

Hi all, latest update as I've done a bit on my Brethren. I thought I'd give moulding a tabbard a go for my sorc. Didn't come out to bad. Finished my Lord Commander as well and included a pic of the vet sgt from my second squad.

Here is my sorc before I started playing with g.s

and this is the finished model

My completed Lord Commander

My second squad vet sgt

Hopefully will get some painted soon along with some more of my slaanesh termes

#10 ·
Hi all, sorry for the delay but here is the latest update. I've managed to get half the 1st squad finished. The bits for my chosen should be arriving soon so I will be able to start on them soon. Not sure what I'm going to do to make them different from the normal marines so any ideas are welcome

Hopefully the second half won't take so long. Enjoy

#16 ·
Firstly, can I say nice job! The look great. I especially like the commander. Lovely work on the sword.

Secondly:

The bits for my chosen should be arriving soon so I will be able to start on them soon. Not sure what I'm going to do to make them different from the normal marines so any ideas are welcome
I was wondering this for mine, as I'm basing all my models off bezerkers. I am going to give them small shields, to mark them out. Maybe this would work? Could make them really small, like a SM combat shield, so it attaches to the back of the hand?

If not, what about tropy spikes on the pack packs (not sure if this is the look you want though, maybe too chaosy)?

Or maybe, all bear heads, with the hoods folded back, leaving the head uncovered?

Hope this helps

Keep up the good work!

#11 ·
Nice strong colours and painting on the squad. My complaint? The bases.

Its really easy to paint bases- pva some textured sand you can buy from GW onto the base, drybrush grey or brown, apply some static grass and it looks great and takes about 2 minutes. Your miniatures will look 10x better

#19 ·
Update

Hi all, managed to get some work done recently.
First up done a few testers for the squad I'm going to have in Alpha Legion colors. Still got to finish the trims and bolters on one of them. Turned out to be harder than I thought it would be.

Also managed to finish building my first chosen squad. This mini is my fave.

Next up was a rino which I didn't want to be plain black so the flames were added

And last but not least is my Lord, Alpheus Volcanus. A big thanks to Eetion for the idea with the backpack. Not sure how I'm going to paint him yet.

#23 ·

hm like the back pack and use of DA veteren(sp?) kits
but anyways onto why im making this post
maybe you should do an opposite colour scheme on your commander like having black,grey robes and dark red with gold trimed shoulder pads

my two cents,

chaoz

#22 ·
Very nice work going on here Plug. For the Chosen I would suggest perhaps making them with more spikes and sharp edges than the rest of the army? Or giving them all that faceplate that the guy in the last pic has maybe. I really dig that black/green colour scheme btw, very cool.

#25 · (Edited)
These are great, such a high standard of work and simple yet effective conversions. I'm a huge fan of your Alpha Legion in particulter, the best I've seen and that includes the 'eavy Metal teams shot at them. Simply stunning.

A tip with bases, if you don't want to pay for GW flock try tea from a teabag, just water down some PVA glue and stick it on with that, makes great forest litter and obviously sand works great as well. Another trend is recent years which I think really makes models pop is to paint the rim of the bases black no matter what the top surface is, I don't know why this looks so effective but it just seems to raise the level that little bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.