Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1500 Point Dark Angel List

2K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  spanner94ezekiel 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have a tourney coming up in a couple of weeks and wanted to dust off my Dark Angels and was wondering if you might be able to give me some advice on my list.

The games at the tourney will be played on a 4x4 table and will be objective based.

With out further ado....

HQ
Belial - 130 Points

Troops
Deathwing terminator squad - 270
Paired Lighting Claws(all)
Banner
Apothecary

Deathwing terminator squad - 235
Thunder hammers and storm shields (all)
Cyclone missile launcher

Deathwing terminator squad - 240
1 CF
PF/SB
1 PS/SB
Cyclone Missile Launcher

Deathwing terminator squad - 215

Heavy
LR Crusader - 270
EA
PSB

Fast
Ravenwing Support Squad - 75
Typhoon Missle Launcher
Multi-melta

Ravenwing Support Squad - 65
Multi-melta

Depending on deployment Belial, Apoth and crew can go in the LR and charge up the middle or I can sit another squad to hold an objective.

The speeders are there for anti-armor.

Let me know if you think I should make any changes or have any pointers as I am all ears!

Cheers

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmm, you haven't got much anti-horde, and highly competitive lists like lash, leafblower or razorspam won't find it too hard to deal with. I recommend dropping one TH/SS unit for a couple of DP dreads for addded firepower and anti-tank. Also, scrub the LS for a dakka pred and make the dreads venerable if you're facing non-mech lists

#3 ·
hmm I think you are correct what about the following changes?

HQ
Belial - 130 Points

Troops
Deathwing terminator squad - 270
Banner
Apothecary

Deathwing terminator squad - 235
Cyclone missile launcher

Deathwing terminator squad - 240
1 CF
PF/SB
1 PS/SB
Cyclone Missile Launcher

Elite
Dread - TL Las
Dread - TL Las

Heavy
LR Crusader - 270
EA
PSB

Fast
Ravenwing Support Squad - 65
Multi-melta

Dreads can pop armor and tarpit mobs

Thoughts?

#4 ·
Drop the EA and PMS from the LRC, and replace the TL LCs on the dreads with MMs. With the 60 points you can then have a basic pred for covering fire

#5 ·
Hmm I like where you are going but the only problem is DA Preds cost 70, not 60 points. I am also tossing around this idea. Let me know what you think;

HQ
Belial - 130 Points

Troops
Deathwing terminator squad
Banner
Apothecary

Cyclone missile launcher

1 CF/SB
PF/SB
1 PS/SB
Cyclone Missile Launcher

Elite
Dread - TL Las or MM HF and Ven upgrade

Heavy
LR Crusader

Fast
Ravenwing Support Squad
Multi-melta
Typhoon Missle Launcher

Ravenwing Support Squad
Multi-melta
Typhoon Missle Launcher

Ravenwing Support Squad
Multi-melta
Typhoon Missle Launcher

or I could drop 2 Ravenwing and go with another Dread with the same loadout.

Thoughts?

#6 ·
I like the RW support loadout, and the dread with MM and HF. I would however, maybe remove something to get a libby in termie armour to deal with the inevitable GK and SW lists you will face.

#7 ·
Hmmm the RW support is decent but I am worried about the 4x4 table size as it will be easy to get at them. I am liking the idea of two ven dreads with MM and HF. But still undecided.

I like the Libby in termie armor but am worried I would have to drop to much to get him into the list.

What do you think?

#8 ·
I see your point with the speeders. Have you considered suicide DS speeders with MM/HF?
If that's not to your taste, consider an all ML devvy squad.
IMO there is an overlooked unit in the codex: the techmarine!
It is more expensive at first than the vanilla one, but the servitors are better, less expensive and have better stats. Consider:
techmarine w/ 4 HB servitors is just 175.
The other overlooked unit is the vets, especially with the new FAQ:
5 vets w/ PW and rhino are 210
or 5 vets w/ combi weapons + rhino are 185

food for thought

#9 ·
I've got no problem with the suicide speeder as the lone speeder in the current list would DS with MM depending on deployment.

I like the thoughts of vets in rhino and the devy squad but I wanted to stay with the Deathwing flavor. If I incorporated those I think I would have to drop a squad of termies.

I like the Ven dreads with HF and MM as they can provide the needed mob/anti armor support

The other option is dropping the speeder and 5 more points - maybe the chainfist for the dakka pred......

Thoughts?

#10 ·
If you drop 2 speeders and give the third the HF/MM combo, you have 150 to spend. I would either:
5 vets in a rhino with a PW
techmarine with 3 HB servitors
2 preds with DB
take anothr DP dread with MM/SB, and drop venerable and HF from the other
take a libby in termie armour and SB

#11 ·
The Techmarine seems like a wicked idea but I don't have any at the moment.

What did you mean by Pred with DB?

would the 5 vets in rhino be better then another Ven Dread? I know the mobility would be great but would the 5 be to small of a number for that squad?

A libby would be sweet, I could then stick him with belial and crew in the LR and his hood would help out big time as its table wide rather then 24in range.

hmm alot to ponder!

#12 ·
A DB is a dozer blade, allowing you to re-roll dangerous terrain tests (so just camp up in terrain within contesting distance of an objective, and fire away)
the vets are kinda not as great as the second dread, as there's not enough points to upgrade them properly, but is more reliable than waiting on reserves, and is more flexible manouverability wise.
So basically that choice is up to you (though I advise the dread against orks and IG mech lists)

#13 ·
I don't think the DB will be needed, As i forgot to mention I am expecting very minimal terrain. As at the last tourney on a 4x4 table there was 3 or 4 defense lines LoL, I suspect the tables to be wide open.

I am expecting alot of guard players, some with the vendetta, psyker spam.

#14 ·
in my personal list, i spam cyclone miss launchers on my 4 termie squads. it gives good anti tank abilities and is easily capable of handling a horde list, since it can switch to a heavy 2 blast weapon.

i love your 3rd list since the land speeders have the typhoon miss launcher, which is essentially a Cyclone missile launcher (CML). I also think that you should drop a terminator squad for the librarian, with points to put in some scraggling things that the other guy suggested, such as the predator, or if youre really concerned about hordes, simply add a whirlwind. its cheap and easy to add into an army, since its just 85 points.

with 2 terminator squads, the lightning claw squad goes in the land raider with belial and the other squad goes in reserve to deathwing assault into battle with their CMLs and fire on a tank nearby.

its your choice to keep the librarian in the back, hiding from the enemy, or pull a ballsy move and join the DWA terminator squad and give hellfire support.

#15 ·
with psyker spam you will definitely want the libby. I would advise also, to go anti-mech with meltas, missiles etc. to deal with the inevitable swarm of chimeras, valkyries, vendettas, and Leman russ'

#17 ·
I did a couple of test games last night with the 2 Venerable Dread build. I played against a bug army with Gargoyle spam, 4 guards, warrior brood, scything talons and bone swords, 6 raveners and the tyrant plus guants.

I found the dreads lost a weapon each before being able to engage the enemy in both games. But did great in close combat! as most of this army was str. 6 and could only glance with me rerolling the damage rolls.

The LR did great with charging the LC termies up the field to take out the raveners.

What I wish I had more of was the Missile launchers as I would have taken out 1/2 his army before he was able to get to me. But the concern of 10 armor is tough as well.

So I am still at a cross roads....if I drop a V Dread I could go with 3 speeders with mm and TML, a Libby would be sweet but I don't know if I want to drop another squad of termies as they are my scoring units and I wanted to stay with the DW flavor.......and I want to fit all my termies with CML, I think its a must.

Thoughts?

#18 ·
Hey Guys,

I think I have finalized the army list I am going to bring next week. I would have liked to go the route of 3 speeders but I am unable to have them built and ready for that time as RL became more important lol.

Here is what I am thinking about going with;

HQ
Belial - basic load out
Libby in Terminator Armor

Troops
Paired LC x2
THSS x3
Banner
Apothecary

PF/SB x3
CF/SB
Paired LC
Cyclone missile launcher

PF/SB x2
CF/SB
THSS
Paired LC
Cyclone Missile Launcher

Elite
Ven Dread - MM/HF

Heavy
LR Crusader

Fast
Ravenwing Support Squad
MM/TML

Libby will join the upgraded with Belial and will go in the LR as my death star squad while the other Terminators grab the objectives. Depending on deployment the speeder will DS in on a suicide mission to take out big armor. Dread just charges up the middle to contest objectives and take out troops.....

WHat do you guys think?

#19 ·
Personal experience suggest that vehicles (other than expendable Typhoons w/ Heavy Bolters) are a gimping in the current format, just too much anti-tank in a normal list vs. the extra 4th ed tax (cheaper clones in 5th ed codexes). If you are going to do vehicles at all, id run either double-crusader or double-godhammer (standard LR). It gives you some tenacious redundancy.

People have their own views as to termie load-outs, which will change if they are in vehicles vs foot-slogging and local meta (do all 5 NEED 3++ saves or can I up combat prowless by changing 2-3 to DLC/Sgt with Power Weapon).

I find the banner underwhelming and the apothecary stupidly good. Typhoons with Heavy Bolters have ALWAYS out-preformed adding the multi-melta for ME. Especially against Orks, Nids, Demons (6 of the top 16 at Adepticon this year).

#20 ·
drop the banner and libby then (give belial TLCs), then you have enough for another dread, as the libby's only necessary against SW, Gk and BA to use the psychic hood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.