Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

New Reaper "Bones" Dark Haven line

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  imm0rtal reaper 
#1 · (Edited)
Reaper Miniatures is making a change to their model range. They are shifting from metal models to a new plastic material (not sure exactly what it is). They are marketing this new line as "The prices of yesterday. The quailty of today!"

More info can be found HERE

In one example: A model that used to cost $4.99 now costs a mere $1.99

This is great to see a company find ways to reduce their model costs and make the hobby more affordable.

#5 ·
I think I just came. . .

To see one of the "big" companies do this is awesome. And at £1.29, it's worth picking up a werewolf to see if I can use 'em for my K.o.W undead. Here's hoping a lot more of their range moves to this price :grin:

As an aside, any speculation as to what the material may be that allows them to price them like this?

#7 ·
Hmm, a bit torn on this one. I'm all for cheaper models, but I don't really like the orcs. I may consider conversion....

Hopefully, the range will expand quickly to include other models.

#14 ·
Huh, that's odd. I followed the old link and found Miniatures > Bones:
Sorry, no currently released figures could be found.
Are they re-thinking the whole concept maybe? Or at the end of it all it was a loss? Unfortunately, there's nothing addressing this on the news page.

This is disappointing. I was waiting for more Orcs before picking up any, I didn't like the ones offered.

#15 ·
Looks like they're back on the site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.