Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

drop pods and interceptor

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Magpie_Oz 
#1 ·
so something come up in a game i couldn't find an answer to as the interceptor shot is done at the end of an enemy's movement phase, and the unit from inside a drop pod is on the table , can i shoot at the unit? all i can find in the brb is that i can shoot a unit that has arrived via reserves this turn , as they have i can shoot them, but im not sure if this is right?

any thoughts or clarification on this.

#2 ·
Yes. You can shoot the unit that came from the Drop Pod. As you said, it arrived from Reserves too. It is in the FAQ somewhere too. Depending on the weapon with Interceptor, shooting at the disembarked unit is often better than shooting the Drop Pod.

#3 ·
Unless there's a missile launcher in the drop pod you may as well ignore it. I would say shooting at the squad that has also arrived from reserve is the better option as well.

I have recently gotten a lot pickier as to when I use the Interceptor rule and when I don't. Sometimes it's worth it to put that gun on a better target that might not be flying or arriving from reserves in your following shooting phase. If only we could just shoot both times every time...

#4 ·
The Grey Knight FAQ helps clarify this one

Q: Does a squad disembarking from a Drop Pod, or Mycetic Spore,
count as arriving from reserve for Inquisitor Coteaz’s I’ve Been
Expecting You special rule? (p45)
A: Yes, this means that Inquisitor Coteaz and his unit will be
able to fire once at each unit.

So although Coteaz' Special Rule is not Interceptor it does clarify the status of a unit disembarking a drop pod. I'd also suggest that Coteaz gets to fire on the Drop Pod before the unit disembarks.

As for firing twice .... well if Coteaz' unit is on a Quad gun they can fire at the Drop Pod, the squad when it gets out and then AGAIN at the end of the phase !

I'm sure that is a loop hole that will be closed.

#6 ·
Well. You aren't shooting at the guys inside the Drop Pod. They have disembarked by the time you get to fire.

That getting 3 shots is messed up Magpie. Hopefully Coteaz will be amended to just give the Interceptor rule to his unit.

#8 ·
That getting 3 shots is messed up Magpie. Hopefully Coteaz will be amended to just give the Interceptor rule to his unit.
For the love of God leave us SOME cheese ! :grin:

alos another question is the shot limited to shots that are non template , or can things like plasma cannons, and that fire i ask because both my riptides have ion accelerators and interceptor and skyfire
Shots fired by Interceptor are just normal shooting attacks so any weapon can be fired.

I am fairly confident that only 1 weapon can be fired however as most rules that allow 2 weapons to be fired do stipulate the shooting phase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.