Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Apocalypse rules etc. (warlord rules now included)

21K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  The Wraithlord 
#1 ·
Just got back from a local GW where i saw a few pages from the apocalypse rule book.

anyway here is some rules:

(btw, stormtroopers = 10 points)

BANEBLADE:

can be upgraded to a command tank for free which lets any allies, with line of sight within 24" re-roll failed leadership tests.

can be upgraded to a commisariat tank for free which lets any allies, with line of sight within 12" fearless.

points = 50 storm troopers

HELLHAMMER:

main cannon,
range: 72" strength: 9 AP: 2 Special: 7" blast template, ignores cover.

may swap the sponsons for side armour 14 for free OR may add 1 more sponson on EACH side for 10 Stormtroopers.

(btw, the sponsons aren't multi-meltas they are twin linked heavy flamers.)

points = 50 storm troopers

ELDAR REVANANT TITAN

Jump Packs
lets the eldar titan move 36" inches in the movement phase and an extra 3d6 in the shooting phase.

also they dont have void sheilds but do have holo shields.

points = ???

Oh and the coolest thing is (IMO), the cool looking tank commander used as a size comparison on the front of the Baneblade box comes with the Baneblade.

Man thats alot of typing anyway i hope this proves interesting to everyone

See less See more
#3 ·
I was reading the store copy of Apocalypse last weekend at our local shop. To say the least I was impressed enough to begin building an Apoc. size table at our house :twisted: Finally found something to do with that extra room!

#5 ·
Thanks a bunch for all the info, all sounds great. Looks like I'm doomed to go with the rest of the crowd and get me a baneblade, traitor guard configuration of course :wink:

#6 ·
For what it's worth, the Baneblade datafax is in US WD333, so no worries about being discreet.

For 500 points, you get:
AV 14/13/12 3 Structure Points
BS4
Baneblade main gun: 72'' S9 AP2 Ordinance 1 Primary Weapon Apocalyptic Blast (10'')

Coaxial autocannon (if you hit with the autocannon before firing the main gun, you can re-roll the scatter dice with the main gun.)

two lascannons, a twin heavy bolter, and a demolisher cannon. You then have the option of upgrading the side armor to 14, or adding twin-linked heavy bolter sponsons or twin-linked heavy flamer sponsons. Then there's the usual array of Imperial Guard vehicle upgrades that're available. And in the spirit of Apocalypse, you'd probably be able to use Inquisitorial, Chaos, or Ork upgrades where appropriate instead of Imperial Guard upgrades.

#7 ·
Viscount Vash said:
Some nice snippits of info there Black Chaplian, im really getting into the idea of Apocalypse. Now to find a table big enough to play it on. :)

I have moved this post into the Apocalypse forum :wink: . Vash
Im sure "M" will let you knock down a wall :twisted:

#8 ·
POSITIVES:

I've also seen some mores stuff

The WARLORD TITAN :shock: (yes, it is included)

Points = 250 stromtroopers
Structure points: 9

void shields: 6

It can mount four weapons.

here are some weapons (the ones i can remember!):

PLASMA BLASTGUN

Range: 70 something" Strength: 10 Ap: 2 Special: Ordnance 2, 10" blast, main weapon :shock:

or

Range: 70 something" Strength: 10 Ap: 2 Special: Ordnance 3, 5" blast, main weapon :shock:

VOLCANO CANNON

Range: very long (soz cant remember) Strength: D Ap:1 Special: Ordnance 1 5" blast, main weaon

there's about 6 more different weapons but (as i said before) I can't remember.

also there's just about rules for every forgeworld model in the book.

Man, I can't wait

NEGATIVES:

The only real negative i have is that everything has a time limit, even the deployment phase :?: (which i've played a game using timed deployement honestly it isnt that good)

Basically each side writes down a time limit to deploy, then who ever writes down the smallest time deploys and goes first, BUT, yes BUT they have to get their whole army down in that amount of time or else any unit which isnt on the board AND the other player with larger amount of time deploys there army second :?

From my opinion it sounds like the deployment phase is sounding a bit like one of those, WIN AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU CAN IN FIVE MINUTES gameshows :lol:

other than that there isn't many downsides

#10 ·
Still, no harm in being enthusiastic BC. :)

#11 ·
Hmmmm timed deployment.... no biggie 5k point game? 2 warlord titans there done >.> 10k? make it 4 titans, or 3 and a few baneblades :lol:
I think though since i do apoc it will be with my friends and we'll probably overlook the timed thing, kinda messed with IG and orcs though

#12 ·
In some ways I think timed deployment sounds brilliant!

Player 1 "I bid 90 seconds!"

Player 2 "I bid... oh, 25 minutes..." (that's me that is!)

Player 1 goes "haha, sucker!" and plonks down a baneblade and a titan, dithers about where to put the armoured company, only gets six of the Russes on the table. Rest of army (including entire Cadian battalion and allied SMs) is in reserve.

I (I mean player 2) puts down 14 gargants and 2000 greenskins, who wipe out player 1's entire force and hidden in cover before player 1's reserves arrive.

In effect, you 'buy' the first turn by limiting the size of your army - 'my guys turned up first, coz they're faster, but there's only a few'. Seems like a pretty reasonable trading of tactical advantages, I reckon.

If you wanted to be really mean though, I could see the sense in a house rule that says 'deploy in order Fast Attack, Elite, Troop, HQ, Heavy Support, non-codex super-heavy stuff' (or something like that) to prevent it always being titan v gargant, with everything else arriving in turn 2-3.

:cyclops:

#13 ·
it wouldn't take that long in my case since most of my dark angels start out in their rhinos. but you do have a point with the placement order cause if your opponent has the stuff it could get ugly real quik. lucky for the poeple in my group that no one has alot of the really crazy super-heavies yet. this is going to be fun to see how poeple react to all these new rules.

#14 ·
I don't think many of us have much of the super-heavy stuff yet - I certainly don't have 14 gargants! (oh but I wish)

I do take ages to set up at the start of games though.

Even though I'll happily admit my example was 'a bit' ridiculous, I think the basic point is stll valid. It's just going to be a bit of a problem if everyone's going "4 seconds!" (fractional pause) "3 seconds!".

:cyclops:

#16 ·
It's a Destroyer weapon, these are titan killing weapons. That is, if it hits a vehicle it scores a penetrating hit. Even if it's only a partial hit using a template. Things that downgrade penetration to glances like smoke and such apply. They add +1 to the damage tables too.

Against non-vehicles they always cause a wound and are always Instant Death regardless of target toughness UNLESS the target is immune to such...MCs and so on...then it does one wound. No need to roll for it.

Basically, really nasty things to get hit by.

Sister Sin

#18 ·
I can't find it so maybe others can help me here. I could have sworn hearing something about S7+ weapons causing instant wounds without saves. Is this true or was it maybe a rumour?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.