Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

OOP 40k Miniature Values

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Gret79 
#1 ·
Does anyone know which (if any) oop mini's for 40k are worth anything?

I've just come into possession of a squad of what appear to be rogue trader marines/thunder warriors. I need to strip them down, but are they worth doing it, to sell?

I also have five edition 3 raptors - the last I saw of them on ebay, they were £10 each.

And I know Wulfen (13th company wolves) fetch a fair bit.

What else is worth actual money?

#2 ·
Anything oop and good quality holds its value pretty well,certain things that are hard to find or are better than thw current models can be very valuable, for example empire knights are currently shite compared to the previous metals and they go for a alot same goes for kislev units.rouge trader era studf is very popular at the moment with the hh books and the aniversary so could fetch a few quid

#3 ·
Other factors to be considered are how much somebody wants something and how much somebody wants to sell.
If it's on eBay, what time is the auction ending?
Sunday morning will not pull as much as a weekday evening.
There's just a few...

#5 ·
Alternatively you could save yourself eBay insertion and final valuation fee's by stating a price and selling to your fellow heretics here =)

arguably if you have a search around for a going price - and adopt / amend that accordingly to your models - take some pics and stick it up in the trader section =)

if you models sell for £20 on eBay you will be charged £2.75 for Final valuation and insertion fee - thus only netting you £17.25

You could make a saving and helping yourself and your fellow forum chummies by sticking an ono / obo price and pictures - see how it goes for a week, if you get no interest, eBay isn't going anywhere.... unfortunately!

#6 ·
Old style demonettes are good ones to hold their value. If you have any of the original jes goodwin terminator prototypes i have seen them go as high as $65 and my original bjorn the fell handed cost me $110.

#7 ·
ebay is by far the best way to shift oop models, and will net you a higher price than what you will get around here(heresy members are very poor people), get them on ebay with a very low starting price and correct postage, sell them internationally to get the maximum number of bids, dont bother with a buy it now price, take a good and accurate picture, use the entire title bar , make sure you list in the correct section of ebay and list for 10 days. i wrote a how to sell on ebay thing which is stickied around here somewhere i will try and locate it and link to it for you.

#8 ·
Why is listing for 10 days better than 7? I've not considered changing the length of my auctions from 7 before.

The reason I asked about prices on here is to get a basic idea of how much I could spend once they're gone. I don't normally list things if I'll only make £5 profit (I don't sell enough normally to make that worth my while) In an idea world, I'd get enough money to buy myself something from GW that I want.
£5 profit on 20 auctions = good
£5 profit on 1 auction...meh
I tend to give things away at that point - because I'd rather give them to someone I know who'll enjoy it, rather than make £5 (What can I buy from GW for a £5?)

I've just given away a beastman army, because I couldn't be bothered to split it down, identify it and list it. And the kid next door is 12 and very happy now :)

#9 ·
I don't get that at all.

You come on and ask for advice on the value of out of production models and are they worth selling.
A member, who deals in models, very kindly gives you advice, not once but twice on how much they are worth and how to go about maximising your profit.
He even offers to post a link to a thread detailing exactly how to go about it.

And you bark at his advice!

If I needed information about something and a professional in that field went out of his way to advise me free of charge, I'd take that advice and thank my lucky stars.

Alternatively, if you know better, why bother asking for the advice in the first place?

#10 · (Edited)
I don't get that at all.

You come on and ask for advice on the value of out of production models and are they worth selling.
A member, who deals in models, very kindly gives you advice, not once but twice on how much they are worth and how to go about maximising your profit.
He even offers to post a link to a thread detailing exactly how to go about it.

And you bark at his advice!

If I needed information about something and a professional in that field went out of his way to advise me free of charge, I'd take that advice and thank my lucky stars.

Alternatively, if you know better, why bother asking for the advice in the first place?

Hi - I didn't think I was barking at anything - Bits+Kits, If you think I'm being offensive, then I apologise.

The question is I asked is valid so I'll re-phrase it - Do you find you get a better price listing for ten days rather than seven?

I was trying to find out if these were going to be worth selling, because if I stand to make about £2, then I'll give them away and make someone happy, rather than go through all of the ebay steps - (Photographing, listing, answering questions like 'do you have a buy it now?', selling them, paying ebay fee's, paying paypal fees, buying packing material, driving to the post office, paying the postage, then hoping like f**k I don't get a negative feedback because someone hasn't read the auction properly or something like that)

Please don't read anything I write as offensive - If I was going to be offensive I'd do it in the 'You Suck' thread.

The first question I asked in this thread was

"Does anyone know which (if any) oop mini's for 40k are worth anything?"

I wondered if anyone knew which models were valuable and what price they were selling for on ebay/forums etc

Bits+kits responded with ebay advice, which is very welcome, and I've asked a genuine question as he has considerably more 'ebayness' than myself.

Pssyche
I don't want to have an argument, but I think you've read too much into my previous post.
If you are still unhappy or still think I've been rude, please pm me and we can discuss this.
I'd like to keep this thread on topic if we can.
cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.