Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

i would travel up to 5 hours for a 2 day tournament if:

• it was only 40k (25 tables and 5 rounds)

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • it was 40k and fantasy (25 tables/5 rounds/one each day)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • it was 40k and fantasy (15 tables each/five rounds/two days)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • other: please explain

Votes: 2 16.7%

new brunswick tournament help

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sleepcascade 
#1 ·
hi,
some people are organising a convention/grand tournament in my area. the goal is to get this going bi-yearly and increasing in size.

the current idea is to have dnd and a magic tournament, plus painting competitions and bitbash competitions. this issue is that it will be a two day event and people are trying to figure out the main tournament structure.

so, interested in seeing what you would travel five hours to attend over two days.

the options are so far:

1850pts of 40k on 25 tables. 5 rounds with three on sat and two on sun.

1850pts of 40k on 25 tables. 4/5 rounds sat. 2250pts of fantasy on sun 4/5 rounds.

1850pts fo 40k on 15 tables 5 rounds with three on sat and two on sun. 2250pts of fantasy on 15 tables 5 rounds with three on sat and two on sun.

we are trying to set this up to be done twice a year and trying to get people to want to come back. which do you think is best or is there something else you might suggest?

cheers.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hard to comment on for me. I live in Belgium, so traveling 5hours or more means I would have to speak a different language. I wouldn't go that far for a tournament, but I can imagine you'd have to in canada...

#5 ·
yeah... canada. :laugh:

i should also mention that there will be prizes for 1, 2 and 3 plus most victory points, best overall (wins, painting, and comp) and prizes for the bitsbash and painting competition.

also planning on doing infinity and malifaux game demos (it hasn't really taken off here) and a selection of boardgames for people who are in the mood for something different.

we have very positive response from the surrounding community, but we want to get a much bigger thing on the go and make it as much fun as possible for everyone.

#6 ·
well...it would be best to figure out what the spread is for fantasy/40k players first.

if fantasy is almost non existent then just have a 5 round 40k tournament 3 1st day and 2 2nd say. this way people arent dead tired by the 5th round and do not want to kill anyone. and allows for the players to socialize a bit and check out the rest of the place.

#7 ·
in this area, 40k is a bit bigger. the issues is trying to get more than the regular pool of people to come. so, 40k is happening, but adding fantasy under two separate conditions might happen too.

just trying to figure out if we should add fantasy and if so, under what conditions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.