Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Kholek Conversion

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  TattooedGreenMan 
#1 ·
I was considering a Kholek conversion, with the help of a fellow herasy member, he gave me the idea to use a top of a Mordor troll, for the armor, what should the bottom be?

#4 · (Edited)
Dude - check the Painting chaos in 8 weeks thread in my sig :) First few posts are some WIP pics of my Kholek conversion.

Just for the record, I used a carnosaur for the lower body, you can buy them seperately from GW mail order as well.

Also on the bitz list for me was the two weapons from an Ogre Tyrant, cut up and stuck together to make the hammer. Other than that I've just got a load of sculpting to do still - I really should get my camera out and get that thread updated with some of my more recent progress! :)

#6 ·
He is that chaos charater Khloek suneater he is a fully armoured dragon ogre shaggoth with a shooting attack which is strength 6 he ispretty awesome. if im right about the character a mordor trolls features will be to small he is a massive monster the fluff says he is taller than city walls. its probaly best to buy the shaggoth model and then model the armour some how green stuff or card it will be hard though

#7 ·
Dude - check the link in my sig. The normal shaggoth model isn't as big as a city wall, so using that still doesn't really keep it to the fluff.

If you'd checked the link in my sig as I said in my last post, you'd see that a carnosaur & mordor troll comes out just a little bit bigger than a normal shaggoth, I decided that was probably best that going silly and making a model which was the size of a medium sized piece of terrain :p

Whatever option you take, there'll probably still be a load of conversion work to do to add armour and this will be horribly time consuming!

#10 ·
I'd start with the Shaggoth model, I think. Rather than actually do any heavy cutting on the thing, I'd just sculpt the armor with green stuff-- it's a big enough model that making some slabs of green stuff shouldn't be too difficult. I'd take the greataxe's axe bit off, and replace it with...something more mace-like. After perusing the last complete catalog of bitz GW put out that was worth a damn, I can't for the life of me find anything worthwhile though. If you can scare up a Chaos Dreadnought hammer arm, the hammer might do the trick, though.

#13 ·
It's a fair cop I suppose, I am however intending to expand the head a bit when I get a chance with some greenstuff, adding horns, beard and hair and adding a bit more detail to the helmet whilst changing the shape slightly so it looks more shaggoth-ish.

If anyone did decide they wanted to do a proper sized one, one of the guys in my local store was talking about doing one with a Muhmak and an action man. Personally, if I'd wanted to do him bigger I'd probably have had a thought about using some kind of large dinosaur toy and maybe a giant or similar torso.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.