Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

the Howling

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  bitsandkits 
#1 ·
can someone explain this to me in more detail

it was a event in the history of the Imperium in M34

the Black Templars executed an alien cyborg named Cacdominus, who was an extremely powerful psyker and could control many star systems etc. when Cacdominus died he let out a powerful scream that interrupted the Astrinomicon or something (that must mean Cacdominus had power that rivaled the Emperor since his scream was able to "interrupt" the Emperor process with the Astrinomicon)

is there anything im missing

it was only ever mentioned ONCE...

#4 ·
No. I think the idea is that his death scream distorted the Astronomicon in that area of the galaxy. Which means the signal was "scrambled" rather than outright halted.

Either this, or it affected the psychic choir itself rather that the Emperor. As I read it, this was a turning point in the Imperium's decline.

eh89: It is mentioned in the BRB, one of the earlier entries on the timeline.

Impressive.

#6 ·
The same happened when Horus bombarded Isstvan III if I remember, the sudden death of billions (and under the circumstances) caused a psychic shockwave in the warp which temporarily distorted the Astronomican.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.