Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

[Artwork] Studio Colrouphobia

94K views 261 replies 60 participants last post by  StudioColrouphobia 
#1 ·
Hello there.
This is my second post on these forums.
I am a freelancing Illustrator and Conceptual Artist that have a soft spot for Warhammer/Wh40k-related artwork.

In this topic I will post some of my Warhammer/40k-related artwork when/if it gets available.

To start things off slow, here are some icons, download and use right away, they are 64x64 pixel PNG's.

These are all from conceptualizing Leman Russ for a personal painting. But they can easily be used as showing Fantasy warriors of Chaos, or Space Wolves, Northerners etc etc.

Enjoy.

See less See more
#182 ·
#186 ·
heh just remember the NDA for that comission is more of a DA friend. you can use it however you like, but if someone is asking about it, you merely have to point him here to the forums or simply just say "it was for some jackass's contest", whatever floats your boat.

#190 ·
#191 ·
That is a phenomenal looking piece man!!!! The attention to detail really brings out all the nuances of the Laterns that Omen has included in his fluff. Absolutely gorgeous.

#196 ·
thanks for posting the peace on your blog mister Colrouphobia, much apreciated:grin:

mind you no idea if you'd prefer me call you by your real name, way i figure it that's privilaged information so cant exactaly just go spouting that off.

#198 ·
Since I got so much positive comments on it, I thought I'd post the Stormwarden WiP right here. Please remember that it is cropped(!) and still WiP. It's not done, and the final image is a full-figure illustration.

The rest of the images are found in the blogpost I previously linked to.

TBM- I'm not sure I would cll them portraits, but they are close. The images in the blogpost are cropped, so there is more to them then what is shown.
Cheers!

#203 ·
Oh. wait, what?

"Chiroptera Ignis

The firebat is a known predator on the Lantern homeworld.
It is not called Firebat because it light up with fire,
rather it reflects in a somewhat unnatural manner.
The tribesfolk of the planet would enter the caves of
the bats with torches and thus see bats of fire.
They are common pets of the tribes and sometimes also used by Lantern Marines.

It is considered bad luck to eat the head of a firebat..."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.