Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Battman's adeptus mechanicus

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Battman 
#1 ·
Not much today, very slow work. Slept most of the day, off work with the flu or something similar .

After then did a little on the new box i decided to get, after so long with the orks, I thought to make a little skirmish force of adeptus mechanicus the first of this is a small squad of kataphon battle servitors.

Spent most of the time with the greenstuff and a pile of magnets trying to make all of the options available to them.

Second thing was getting the airbrush out again. First a quick base coat over it all with the grey primer then a quick coat of black. So far cleaning the airbrush takes the longest more then the painting itself. Which is certainly the idea of the airbrush, detail by hand everything else by the airbrush.

More to come. Probably mixed in with the ork work in Da golden waaagh

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
So far so good! Those tracked guys are my favorites in the AdMech army!

I feel ya about the airbrush I'm in the same boat. I try and have a larger amount of stuff to paint/prime so it doesn't feel so lopsided between paint vs. setup/cleaning

#3 ·
Well have these and a "get started box" to be done. The other box is still on the way. But lots to be done also without the tedious work of the striping and cleaning of the current orks. Also alot easier scheme, well whati have planned anyway.

#5 ·
Thinking a fairly dark red scheme not to keen on the red and bone colors you often see. Then just a lot of metallics both bronze and steel. Also Probably a fair amount of hazard striping on the larger models "do not step", "crush zone" and the like.

Will take a stab at it through these tank servitors.

This aquilla lander shows the kind of red id be going for, dark red with a black wash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.