Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Schmenke Aero Vision Space

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Kreuger 
#1 ·
This is a quick demo of the Schmencke aero vision space paint. For this test I painted the top of an old paint pot black and white and labeled each quadrant A, B, C, & D. Quadrants A and B I painted on several layers wet. Quadrants C and D I cleaned my brush a bit and painted with an almost dry-brush. I couldn't use a regular dry-brush technique because it's a very wet (airbrush ready) paint.

This paint is essentially a clear binder carrying metallic reflective flakes. It should work over any base color, but as my video clip demonstrates it will work more effectively over a dark base color.

Aero_Vision_Cropped by warped forge, on Flickr

Video of Schmencke Aero Vision Space - Rotating Paint Test by warped forge, on Flickr

I'm really excited to try this out in more depth. I think it will work particularly well on Tzeentch and Slaanesh models as a way to add pearlescence to supernatural models. It could also be a great way to make Tyranid carapaces look more iridescent and bug-like.

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting, it's less lustrous and more flecked than I initially thought.
@Nordicus on reviewing Kairos again the black section just looks unfinished. I think there are 3 ways got could go with his wings without repainting the whole model.

1) leave the black edge as it is with the green and blend down to the wing tips using a fiery red/orange
2) paint a star field on the black of wings, as though the void of space is encompassed there
3) back to my favorite idea, make the black a multicolored iridescent oil slick of changing colors

There's even a paint that does it.
Schmincke "Aero vision space"

In going to try and get my hands on this stuff too, even at $30 bottle.

Definitely looks better on the dark base.

#3 ·
@Iraqiel yeah. I'm still on the hunt for a non-metallic iridescent paint or glaze. I know I saw one at an art store but I haven't been able to find it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.