Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Age of Imperialism - Action Thread

8K views 62 replies 13 participants last post by  Midge913 
#1 · (Edited)
Age of Imperialism – Action Thread
Yes, it’s finally here! The action thread for age of Imperialism is up! But you still have a lot to read so stay focused! Firstly I have the task of explaining how you short lay out your post, here is a short guide:
National Interest
In this section of the post you will decide what to do with your requisition and what you like to buy with it, I will not tell you what to do with it, you must decide yourself. However, buying loads of farms and railways is all very good buy you may want to keep some requisition aside to because every now and again you might be given an option to gain something new, for a price. Here you also get you name/rename provinces and decide on a capital.
Movement of Armies and Fleets
In this section you will be showing off the movement of your troops and fleets, during peacetime this will usually remain quite empty but at war time this section will become your new best friend. If you want this to remain hidden from your enemies then simply PM me the details.
Expansion and Diplomacy
Here you shall decide which areas of land to colonise (only one at a time) and which diplomatic actions you’ll take towards your friends and enemies. While this may be a simple; ‘propose alliance’ or ‘declare war’ you could build international relations via sending requisition or something 100% RP oriented that doesn’t actually help. Here is an example:
“My lord, we have been invited by the nation of ******* for a feast in the royal palace, should we attend?”
The next turn the other nation (or both of them) would do a paragraph or so on how the feast went; did it go with splendid success or terrible failure. The two players might want to PM each other a few details of the event and both write their own individual paragraph (or more) However, the options here a limitless so feel free to go wild!
Not-so-random events
Every turn you will receive a NSRE, which will have been tailored by me to the specifics of your country. How you react to this is entirely up to you; however there will be consequences for your actions. Every now and again you could get a global event, now; these events will affect every single one of you but the same rules apply for a NSRE.

Well that just about covers it for the guide on how to layout your post, below will be changes made to the map and each of NSREs. Let me take you through the map updates.

Terrain Overview
– This map allows you to observe the terrain of Europe, I’ve tried to keep this as accurate as possible but please excuse any inaccurate areas.

Province numbers overview
– After a while of thinking how I could divide the sea up, I went for this idea and stuck it on the same map as the province numbers. It should work…

‘Sprite’ testing 1.0 - Yes, I made some ‘sprites’ to represent land divisions, ships, ports the lot! Designing personalised division sprites weren’t an easy task, attempting to stick to the traditional uniform design of the era AND looking good is not an easy task.

GM’s note
I had great fun designing this RP and witnessing all the nations that came out of it, I’m glad that this RP, out of the so many other strategy RPs to be made on heresy, made it into the action thread. This is the first strategy RP to become successful on heresy, or at least in my time of RPing. However, the system this RP is based around is untested so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few things go off course, however with the guys I have I’m sure this will turn out well.
The fun begins…
Right! You all start off with 10 requisition and absolutely nothing but the very land you sit upon! So here are you very first not-so-random events! These particular events are quite soft, just to give you an idea of what to expect. Remember to try and do as much roleplaying as possible!

January 1850, to June 1850

Global event – Age of Expansionism

Having finally stepped out the dark ages that has plagued Europe for nearly a millennia the great nations of this fabled land have entered a new age of expansion and riches. Now is the time to go forth and claim the land that is rightfully theirs!
For the next three turns (including this one) you may colonise two provinces at any one time!

The Holy Kingdom of Winterreise – Educating the swine

So many centuries the peasants of our nation have gone with very little education, because most of it is reserved for the rich, who can actually pay for it. But a new debate has arisen about education for the lower classes. “They deserve education” says Richard Honsur, professor at the royal university of Winterreise “how are we going to succeed as a modern nation if our people are as dumb as a tree?” Many of the king’s court merely chuckle at this idea, for them the lower classes are just people they have to scrape of their boots every now and again, and the idea of educating them is merely a joke. Sir Patrick Corrado, one of the more younger knights of the king’s court steps forward: “surely we could reach some kind of compromise, Mr Honsur” “how so?” the professor asks, his eyebrow raised “well, if we give them exactly what they ask for they will start to think they’re worth something, so I suggest we give them limited education and reserve the best stuff for our higher classes” he looks towards Crusader-King Donatus Von Blacke for his verdict.

The Akkdian Empire – The world’s opinion

“It appears our advisors and diplomats have discovered that rest of the continent doesn’t view us in the way we would have liked. Those so-called ‘modern’ countries seem to see us as a warring tribal state! We suspect this may because of our culture and religion” says Chief Diplomat Moji Bencor “if we are to become viewed as a powerful force within Europe then we must act! I suggest we build embassies and relations with other countries” General Comenji appears to contain himself no longer and bursts forward with rage “this man speaks the words of a coward! We show those fools our strength through war! Not petty embassies! We fight them!” While the general speaks great truth it may be best to ignore the situation all together and just get on with our lives, but it’s your call.

The Realm of Izgurka – Moonlight

On the streets of the great capital of Izgurka a cloaked man moves quickly through down the cobbles to avoid the patrolling police man. After looking over his shoulder several times the small man finally takes a turn down an alleyway towards a small home, tucked in between the buildings and streets. He knocks on the door three times and another man with a worn face opens it, they exchange and nod and the cloaked figure enters. Inside the curtains are closed and many men and woman sit around a large table, a red flag hands from the nearby wall.
They are a small part of the ‘resistance’ a group of Izgurkan citizens that seek to topple the government, although they are small and weak the fact they are there is…troubling. Since the loss of our African colonies the government has been made to look like a fool and the people whisper rebellion. Sir, its time something was done, we cannot look weak any longer, and we must become strong and prosperous.

The Empire of England – The Celtic Union

Time has been kind to the glorious empire of England, but now we face a new threat from Ireland. It didn’t take long for the people there to work out who was going to be added to the empire next, so talks of the Celtic Union, a group of Irish and Scottish people that may become a problem within the future. Although neither of these people’s homeland is an independent state the Celtic Union may threaten to unite these people under one banner to oppose us, we should be very careful sire, very careful indeed…

The United States of Caledonia – National Religion

For a long time now the government has retained itself from entering the affairs of religion, keeping them as a strictly private matter but now it seems that many people and parts of the government want a national religion. Many of our people still worship old tribal gods with little meaning or purpose and if we are to become a strong nation we need something that holds us together, namely religion. Picking a religion isn’t easy; however we could ask one of the other nations for help on the matter. However, we could become strictly atheist and abandon god in favour of pure science! There are so many ways to go about this but if we ignore the issue completely it could leave the people much more different from each other.

The Religious Republic of Equas – The Ethnic debate

With so many religions within our republic nobody is quite sure what holds everyone together, perhaps it’s a sense of unity? Or because the other option is to be dictated by a European warlord or Monarch, but if we are to survive as an independent country we need to create a dominant cultural group. While this nation holds many African and European people we need to merge them into one cultural group, some have suggested that we call it ‘Equastrian’ but because the African people are dominant we simple assimilate the other ethnic groups in an African one? Making the decision would a step in the right direction but how we do it will be the real challenge!

The Darcsen Empire – Self Determination

Even though the empire has finally pulled through the age of poverty and economic downturn, back when the empire was on the verge of collapse. There are still people who seek self-determination; to break away and form their own nation, from what they call “A weak and corrupt government” Even though the other people of the empire seem to accept the rule of Darcus, these people, situated in the land of ‘Albania’ still want to return to the old ways. They expressed their feelings during a series of riots where they raided an administrate building and wounded several royal officials. The local police managed to stem the rioting and many troublemakers were arrested but, the hunger of self-determination still fills the mind of the rioters. Attempting to find the ring-leaders would be very difficult, as they are hidden away among law-abiding citizens. Sire, would should we do?

Empire of Hiigara – A Democratic Solution

Although we have kept our constitutional monarchy for many years now there are certain groups of monarchists who dislike the idea of a democratic government and wish to see the full powers of the emperor reinstated. They called themselves the ‘Hiigaran Imperials’ and want to remove everything in the government until only an absolute Emperor exists. The politicians of our nation have tried and failed to stop this group, but it appears they only listen to royalty. If the Emperor could stop them it could cause to other people in the nation seeing a monarch as ‘unnecessary’ who many people wish to avoid. If we let these people continue to exist then it could spark an uprising. But, reports show these people have unflinching loyalty, so many lords think they would be better suited else were…

The Illyrian empire – One State

It has been a long time since the colonial state, a vassal of the true Illyrian Empire, lost contact with the rest of its nation. Now some people within the nation are starting to see this as an opportunity to gain full independence. They argue that the empire is finished; they say the war with Caldari has ended with the destruction of Illyria! While this is still debateable many people believe it and want to become fully independent with their own government, name and national identity. When the first ships with supplies for the empire return then we will truly know, but until then things here need to be sorted out first.

Kingdom of Vendsyssel – The National Army

The lords within Vendsyssel still hold power, more than they should in fact, an example of which is the use of the old military system that has been described as ‘feudal’. The old system is basically one that has been used for centuries, during war the lords would gather together as many men as possible and march to aid the king, however many lords are not competent commanders. So we have decided this should be officially scrapped and replaced with a ‘National Army’ and all officers and commanders would be appointed by the government. To create a national army is a huge task and the country does not simply have enough qualified officers to manage it. Several lords have suggested we ‘sell’ positions of importance to the rich, but only until we have enough real officers, of course.

Offical World Map

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Requisition Subtotal: 10
- Income: +0
- Expenses: -7
- Final Total: 3

National Interest

Industry: Upgrade Province 210 and 212 to Farmland. -4 Requisition

Military: Recruit the 1st Infantry Division of the Holy Army. -3 Requisition

Province 212: Sunset Island - An idyllic, warm island, with a beautiful countryside and vast villas spanning acres of land, with ostentatious fountains, gardens, and statues. This is where the bourgeois of Winterreise live, the place where the richest of the rich retire to bask in the sunlight on the warm sand of the Sunset Island. The churches here are smaller, but more embellished, adorned with the donations of the super-rich. Sunset Island is valuable to the Crusader-King because one of the greatest signs of status amongst the higher echelons if how much they can donate to the Church, and, by extension, the state. In this way, Sunset Island makes up for the smaller population, and therefore fewer people paying official taxes, because the people that are there make frequent donations, making Sunset Island just as profitable as anywhere else. The Island also makes a perfect spot for diplomacy, on an individual or even global scale.

Province 211: Scarthmoor - Run-down and shabby, Scarthmoor is filled with people who cannot afford to leave. However, the major merchant companies make fortunes here, and the ports generate revenue for Winterreise.

Province 210: Winterreise Victoria - The Holy Capital of Winterreise, and the only province to bear the name of the Kingdom itself, Winterriese Victoria has both beautiful, rolling countryside, and soaring spires of cathedrals in stunning cities. Truly the jewel in the Crown, Winterreise Victoria is the faith of the Kingdom given form, the might of the military made manifest, the raw power of the Crusader-King revealed to all; Winterreise Victoria also currently houses the Church Capital, making the province doubly important in the Kingdom. Here Crusader-King Donatus rules from the Basilica, a massive Cathedral-Fortress, its walls laden with statues of brass and bronze, its towers reaching into the sky, and the central Basilica itself radiating an aura of magnificence.

Province 209: Pearl Run - The latest province in the Kingdom, the Pearl Run is home to many traders and travelling merchants, and is made up of many smaller towns rather than massive cities. The Pearl Run is also a major staging post for further colonisation.

Military Action

1st Infantry Division of the Holy Army recruited at Province 210.

Expansion and Diplomacy

Colonisation: Begin immediate colonisation of Province 206 & 208.

Diplomacy:

Crusader-King Donatus sat upon his throne, deep in thoughtful contemplation. The knight before him stood awkwardly, waiting for his Lord to give him an answer. Finally, Donatus spoke:

"I agree that we must make contact with the outside world. However, I feel that our first step into global diplomacy cannot be left to a subordinate. I myself must open first relations with the other nations of the world."

The knight bowed, before hastily replying, "Of course, Your Majesty, but surely it would be safer to instead send another, we don't even know who's out there yet-" The knight was cut off:

"I know this!" snapped Donatus, impatient, "That is why I command you and a small detachment of scouts, no more than ten men, to ride out and find other nations; not simple tribes, but full, established civilisations. Do not engage in diplomacy, simply mark their location on your maps and return to me. I will then determine any further action."

"Yes, Your Majesty," said the knight, bowing again as he departed.

Scouts despatched, ending at Province 198 for this turn.

Not-so-random-event

So many centuries the peasants of our nation have gone with very little education, because most of it is reserved for the rich, who can actually pay for it. But a new debate has arisen about education for the lower classes. “They deserve education” says Richard Honsur, professor at the royal university of Winterreise “how are we going to succeed as a modern nation if our people are as dumb as a tree?” Many of the king’s court merely chuckle at this idea, for them the lower classes are just people they have to scrape of their boots every now and again, and the idea of educating them is merely a joke. Sir Patrick Corrado, one of the more younger knights of the king’s court steps forward: “surely we could reach some kind of compromise, Mr Honsur” “how so?” the professor asks, his eyebrow raised “well, if we give them exactly what they ask for they will start to think they’re worth something, so I suggest we give them limited education and reserve the best stuff for our higher classes” he looks towards Crusader-King Donatus Von Blacke for his verdict.

Donatus leant forward on his throne, raising his hand for silence. Honsur and Sir Corrado both ceased talking at once, waiting for Donatus' judgement.

"An uneducated population is an easy one to manipulate," said Donatus, drawing a disappointed sigh from Honur "But this can work both to our advantage and disadvantage. I do not wish for this disadvantage to remain." Sir Corrado seemed ready to protest, but he was silenced by Donatus' glare.

"If the State educates the masses, not only will they achieve more in their lifetime and benefit the State more, but they will be resistant to manipulation from external sources. If the State educates the masses and integrates it with the Church, and pro-State propaganda, then the masses will become unswervingly loyal, even more so than they are now, and will also be educated. Both these factors work in our favour."

Donatus could see out of the corner of his eye the Royal Treasurer looking downwards in frustration, "However I would be a fool to think this will all be free," said Donatus, the Treasurer looking up, surprised that his Crusader-King would be so thoughtful and practical in his approach, "As the upper-classes seem to have developed a wonderful trait of vying for status through the largest donations, especially from Sunset Island, here is what I propose." Donatus cleared his throat for the Royal Decree as scribes prepared quills.

"A Royal College will be founded in every city in the Kingdom. These will all be State-funded and will be integrated with the Church; education will include practical and academic subjects as well as religious indoctrination. Furthermore, Winterreise will be given a positive slant and positive bias wherever possible. The money to pay for this will come from State-taxes, from the money my subjects will inevitably spend when they are in the city where the College is, and also from noble donations. To promote these donations and give noblemen an incentive, the aristocrats who give enough money to build a new College building in each Royal College campus will be rewarded with an invitation to the annual Royal Feast, an invitation normally reserved for the Royal Family and their close friends and associates. This will no doubt prove very effective, as the Royal Feasts are renowned for their opulence and attendees are given a Royal Seal to "prove" they attended, which will prove attractive to noblemen."

Donatus rose from his throne, and the rest of the Court did also. Almost everybody there seemed pleased; the professor had got education, the Knight had been assured that the Colleges would only be in the cities and that there would be pro-Winterreise propaganda, the Treasurer saw the financial side of things would work out, and the noblemen were already planning their donations to get their Royal Seal for the Feast.

"I will attend to other matters later, I must first pray," said Donatus, leaving the throne-room for the cool courtyards and up to the Basilica Cathedral.

NSRE Result: Establishment of Royal Colleges; loyalty increase, education increase, and no damage to the economy due to the financial care taken.

#3 · (Edited)
Requestion Subtotal: 10

-Income: +0
-Expesnses: -5
-Final Total: 5

Upgrade Province 10 to Port: -2 Requisition
Recruit 1st Imperial Regiment - "Gloryhounds" - 3 Requisition

National Interest:

+Awaiting Requestion+

Province 10 - Dover: As the Empire of England currently exists on an Island, in order to establish connection with the outside world, A Port has been established on the southern coast of the Empire, in a place known as Dover, in the English Channel, which would become the closest gap between the English Empire and the currently unoccupied space of mainland. This would also provide jobs for unemployed citizens in the Empire, as they are employed to build ships in the name of the Emperor.

Province 7 - The Emperor's Palace: The majority of this Province is dedicated to the Palace of the Emperor Mycroft Northwinson II himself, being impossibly large for any normal sized-palace, and has seen decades of work put into it under the rule of the Tyrant M. Northwinson I. However, now the current Emperor has opened it up to its citizens, and the Palace now houses many of the nobles that reside in England, as well as providing homes to those that spend their day to day life in the Palace. This Palace, that once played home to a mad and corrupt Tyrant, now has hallways flooded with warmth and a sense of uplifting enjoyment, rather than a sense of degrading evil in its halls.

Province 8 - East Walkfeyd: East Walkfeyd is where the average citizen of the Empire spends their lives. Legends say that East Walkfeyd was named after the first Englishman to set foot there, his name being Richard Walkfeyd, and since its addition to the English Empire has proved to be an ideal location for any citizen who wants to live under the rule of the Emperor. There are a few large towns in East Walkfeyd, the most prominent being named Walkfeyd, again after the first settler, and Summer's Dawn, after the dawn of a new Summer. These are prosperous times indeed for the Empire of England, with the Emperor making routine visits to not only East Walkfeyd but also The Port of Dover, to keep the peace and make sure that not a single aspect of his empire is left unloved.

Province 4 - Dragonsbone: Named so after the discovery of unidentifiable bones which were believed to be that of a dragon in the Province of Dragonsbone, the latest Province to be brought into the Empire is not only home to a vast portion of the Imperial Army, stationed North to protect the Empire if there is an invasion of the Celtic Union, but also a vast portion of well-learned scholars, such as the Astronomer Michael Sebridal. There are indeed such plans to form a new University for the scholars in the southern area of Dragonsbone, although this has yet to gain approval from the Emperor, which is essential for the Dragonsbone University to be constructed.

Military and Naval Actions:

1st Imperial Regiment "Gloryhounds" Recruited in Dragonsbone.

Expansion and Diplomacy:

Colonisation: Begin immediate colonisation of Provinces 9 and 6.

Diplomacy:

Sat upon his majestic golden throne in his throne room, clad in glorified Golden Armour, Emperor Mycroft Northwinson II glanced downwards at the man below him. Not trembling in fear, but trembling from having been granted the honour of being the man to counsel with Mycroft Northwinson II. This was, as expected, Darrus Anderman's first week on the job, and he was still trying to get over the whole concept of actually being on a day to day basis with The Emperor himself. The Emperor, who had lead their nation out of the dark ages of the Tyrant who had been his father, and the same Emperor, who was now ensuing that the Golden Age of the English Empire continued. "My Lord..."

The Emperor held up his finger, causing Anderman to stop talking, wondering what he could have possibly done wrong. "Darrus, Darrus. How many times to I have to tell you? Whilst you are speaking with me alone, you are allowed to address me as Mycroft. Honestly, every time I hear the words My Lord uttered, I look behind me, half expecting to see my father standing there."

He paused, and looked behind him, causing Anderman to jump slightly, as though the dead man could have actually been there despite the fact that it was theoretically impossible. The dead didn't come back to life, they just couldn't. And then, when the Emperor turned around again, Anderman sighed in relief when he saw laughter on Northwinson's face. "You're too easy to fool, Darrus, far too easy. But nonetheless, I am ready. The Empire is prepared to enter diplomatic negotiations with overseas nations. We will send out a party of Scouts, I believe... Yes, this would be the best course of action."

He paused slightly, thankful for the fact that his father had been at least sensible to keep the quarrels of England to England alone, and not involve any oversea nations that would no doubt have caused the Empire to loose reputation on the World Stage. In the past it had always been England, and England alone, and he was quite surprised when he found out how little that his own father knew about the world at large. "Tell Lord Winterbourne to select fifteen of his finest scouts, and get them to find as many information about anybody as we can. Tribes, Empires, Republics, the whole lot. It doesn't matter who they are, just as long as there is somebody. I fear we have been on our own for too long, Darrus. Well, I tell you - this fear is one fear that it is in my power to deal with."

"Fear, my - Mycroft?" The words came unnaturally to Darrus' lips, and he stammered slightly as he said them. The very fact that the Emperor was actually capable of fearing things further reinforced his dear old Mother's favoured saying, that you would learn something new everyday. He had indeed, knew that even Emperors could feel fear.

"Yes, Darrus, fear. I can feel fear, as much as you," smiled Mycroft kindly, emitting an aura of warmth that made Darrus feel as though he felt this was a man who could be trusted with anything that he told him. "I'm just better at hiding it from people in the same room as me."

He winked at Darrus in a cheerful manner, and then allowed him to leave, before turning back to his book, that the Emperor had been buried in before the arrival of Anderman, and allowed a small smile to form on his lips as he read a sentence that amused him.

++

Scouts dispatched. At the end of this Turn, Scout Squad A (x5 scouts) end at Province 76, having sailed across the English Channel. Scout Squad B (x5 scouts) end at Province 89, and Scout Squad C (x5 scouts) end at Province 204.)

++

Not So-Random Event:

Time has been kind to the glorious empire of England, but now we face a new threat from Ireland. It didn’t take long for the people there to work out who was going to be added to the empire next, so talks of the Celtic Union, a group of Irish and Scottish people that may become a problem within the future. Although neither of these people’s homeland is an independent state the Celtic Union may threaten to unite these people under one banner to oppose us, we should be very careful sire, very careful indeed…

(occ: the change in tense is deliberate.)

Three Hours after the previous meeting...

A different meeting. The War Room, positioned in one of the many chambers beneath the Emperor's Palace. The Emperor himself is sat on a Round Table, allowing no man feel more important than the other, as rather than having them squabble like children over who will get the seat opposite him, The Emperor had decided to make sure that all each and every subordinate in charge of the War Effort is treated like the Emperor himself. The Emperor isn't talking. He's sitting there, watching his subjects argue amongst themselves. Ser Gorran. Ser Logan. Ser Wraight and Ser Alexdran.

"I believe we should crush them utterly, my Emperor," says Wraight. He's the one in favour of an all out war. An arrogant man, in way over his head. The youngest with the most to prove. Inexperienced. The Emperor doesn't think that he'll last another week on this Table before he cracks under the pressure of being in the same room as humans who are all mightier and well respected than him. Out of all of them, he is the only one that didn't fight alongside Mycroft when he was battling his father. The only reason why Wraight is here is because he is the son of another Wraight, a less arrogant one, who died saving the Emperor's own life in battle with Northwinson I. "Demonstrate the full power of our nation. If we do that then their morale will be shattered beyond the point of no return."

"No," disagrees Logan, who's positioned opposite Wraight. Both have opposite views. "We should open up talks with them. See if we can annex them into our Empire peacefully. We go in there with an army, then they'll hate us for conquering our land, especially as many of our soldiers will see this as an opportunity to rape and pillage. And added to that, how many soldiers will we lose? We don't want to run the risk of losing more than a quarter of our starting strength if we do go to war with the Celtics. That's why I say we send some representatives. Spread the rumours of how prosperous the Empire is, and how prosperous they will become if they willingly submit to the Empire. No bloodshed, done as quietly, safely and as quickly as possible. Nobody loses."

"Aye, that sounds like a plan," agrees Ser Alexdran, the ginger-haired Warrior, a firm supporter of Logan. He's learnt to call the Emperor Mycroft by now. In fact, he never calls the Emperor the Emperor, even in public. Mycroft doesn't mind. Alexdran is one of the toughest of the lot, and one of his oldest friends. He smiles at Alexdran, acknowledging his comment.

Nobody has a third opinion. Alexdran is siding with Logan. Gorran with Wraight. There is no middle ground, and it is only the Emperor that is left on the balance. The choice should be obvious, so why is he debating it? Well, Wraight is the question. No matter how brilliant the mind of Mycroft Northwinson II may be, he cannot see what Wraight will do if he is rejected. What the consequences will be. He's not a seer. Oh, he has several consequences, varying from all-out Civil War to something considerably less drastic. He doubts it will come to Civil War. Wraight and Gorran don't have anywhere near enough support in a nation where everybody adored the Emperor of a prosperous Empire.

"Very well," The Emperor sighs, placing his hand on the table, making a fist which silences all speech made by the others. "I have made up my mind. We shall send our best negotiator to meet with the Celtic Union. This is the only way that we can do it without avoiding bloodshed, and lost lives. I understand your stance on this, Ser Wraight and Ser Gorran, but I believe that this will be the best cause of action for our Empire, and the safest one. However, if negotiations fail, I would like the Army prepared. Don't get them lined across the borders of the Celtic Nation, just inform them that there might be the possibility of a war on our hands. But hopefully, if we play our cards right, there will be no engagements on the Battlefield at all."

All commanders nod in agreement and respect. There is no reaction from Gorran or Wraight. They know of course, that the Emperor's word is law. "Well, there is nothing more to add, so Gentlemen. You are dismissed."

They leave in various directions. Nobody is followed by investigators, spies. There is no need. The Emperor smiles before departing last but by no means least, content with how his Empire is forming into shape. Peace has come to the English Empire. Hopefully, he thinks - it will remain that way.

NSRE Result: Representative sent to the Celtic Union to try and sway them to join the cause of the Empire, peacefully, spreading the prosperity of the English Empire). 1st Imperial Regiment status raised from Threat Level 0 to Threat Level 1.

(Threat Levels:

0 - No Threat, Peace.
1 - Slim Chance of War.
2 - Medium Chance of War.
3 - High Chance of War.
4 - Total War.
5 - Impeding Destruction of the Empire.
6 - Complete and Utter Destruction of the Empire.)

#4 ·
National Interest

Upgrade to farms in provinces 123, 124, 125, 133 to farmland. 8 Requistion.

“And lo did the Great Sargon gift to his people most fertile land, for he knew his people would needs be fed for the great undertakings of his reign to succeed. Fields were tilled, aqueducts built and the land tamed for the benefit of his most fortunate subjects. All praise to Sargon, King-of-Kings!”

Nod wiped the sweat from his brow with a dusky hand as he stretched backwards, pausing from his labours a moment. Clad in only a loincloth Nod was one of many peasant labours in the wide field excavating an irrigation channel. Casting an envious glance to the corpulent form of Omar, the overseer, reclining in the shade of a silken tent, Nod licked his lips in envy. The fat man was nestled amongst scattered pillows peeling cool grapes and popping them into his mouth. In time Nod’s own meal break began and he downed tools to wearily make his way to where the flat bread and maize was being handed out. Today would be a long day.

Expansion and Diplomacy

Colonise provinces 139,134.

“In this year did Sargon, fifty second of that name, subdue the rebellious Satraps of Upper Euphrates and Old Sumaria. With his armies did he crush them and reclaim our ancient lands. The people did rejoice to be a part of great Akkadia again. Truly they are blessed to be brought once more into the fold”.

Sargon stood letting the roar of the crowd wash over him. Sunlight glinted from his golden chariot, pulled by a dozen white horses. Here was the God-Kind of Akkadia, arrayed in all his splendour before his new people. Bright petals fell about his form as his procession drew under a bridge, thrown by citizens eager to demonstrate their new loyalty. That such adulation was not entirely sincere; visibly armed guards lined the streets and Imperial agents dotted the crowd, did not matter to the monarch. It was enough that they gave the appearance of devotion and in time they may come to believe it, once the temples and priests descended on this city and properly educated the populace in the Akkadian way.

Not so Random Event

A policy of isolationism is adopted. Akkadia does not concern itself with the goings on of the wider world.

“In his wisdom the Son of Heaven did decide that Akkadia did not need to know of the lesser civilisations dotting the world. They were young and of little import until the great armies of Akkad would reach them. Great Sargon was content with splendid isolation, for what need did we have of barbarian ways?”

Sargon sat reclined in his throne, paying little attention to the droning of one of his ministers as he instead fondled the concubines scattered around his person. It was the fat one, son of Thumpatr, Emir he thought his name was. Presently the man was bleating about the need for a dialogue with other peoples, something about the need for a ‘rapport and understanding between neighbours’. Sargon was more interested in the smooth thigh of the giggling girl to his right as she caressed his own bare chest. She was a new one and he was looking forward to trying her out.

Languidly lifting a bejewelled hand the minister stopped prattling immediately. “Emir, you speak of nonsense” drawled Sargon in a low, resonant voice. “We are the elder people are we not?” “We have scaled the towers of knowledge and created an ancient culture yes?” The minister bobbed his head in agreement with his master’s words. “Then we have no need of communing with the barbarians. We shall learn all we need to when we have conquered them. The lion does not consider the fly”.

The chastised man fell to the floor on his hands and knees, knowing he was dismissed. Still on the floor he crawled away backwards, bobbing his head in obeisance. Sargon did not notice the man’s grovelling, his attention returned to the giggling girl whose adventures hand had traced a path downwards. “Now, my dear, where were we?”

Financial Statement

8 Requisition Spent
2 Saved

Balance of 2

#5 · (Edited)
National Interest:​
Subtotal:10
-Expenses:-9
-Final Total: 1

Industry: Upgrade Province 66 and 65 to farmland and 67 to port.

Military: Recruit new Artillery Division,"Green-Glade Boys"in province 66.

Province 66: Green Glade: A Scenic land that has been part of the Izgurken empire even sense the days of the great Izgurka himself. Green-Glade is home to many of the common Izgurkens whom spend their lives growing the food that fuels the machine which is the Izgurkan Empire. Green-Glade is mainly normal-sized towns with a single large town,but it is blessed with a massive Library filled with Agricultural knowledge located in the heart of Nexus, Green-Glade's first settlement. Green Glade was hardly affected by the loss of the colonies,as they were simply a bread basket for the empire, but the quality of life has decreased sense the fall#

Province 67- Gemscite- So named because of what brought settlers here, a rumor that a massive deposit of Gems was located around the coast-line.Gemcite's main purpose now is as a Port-City where many Merchant guilds make their home. Some whisper that the "Resistance" can be found here, able to set root because of the poverty that can be found in the lower parts of town....

Province 65-Iniox- The newest addition to the Izgurken Empire sense the loss of their African colonies, Iniox is a fertile land with huge potential for industry, and is often considered a staging point for colonization# Unlike Green-Glade with it's many towns, Iniox has but one city filled with factories and Libraries and a hand full of small farming villages.

Province 64-Manitia- The all-mighty capital of the Izgurken Empire and home to most of the Scientist-Nobles and the Grand Labortory-Palice.Manitia is a massive and splendid city surrounded by a great wall to separate it from the forest, it is one of the few reminders of Izgurka's once great power. Manitia is a very popular "pilgrimage" spot for aspiring scholars who come to see the remains of famous scientist-saints and visit grand libraries. Manitia was perhaps most affected by the loss of the African colonies, losing all the wealth that had been pouring into the treasury and the Scientist-Nobles looking like fools for losing land to savages. Today, Manitia has recovered to an extent, regaining some of their pride and wealth over the years, and are ready to regain land lost and expand their borders.

Military Actions​

"Extra, Extra! Hear all about it!" a small, yet very loud boy, no older then eight, shouted to the teeming crowds of people doing business in the Port-City of Gemcite."Glorious Artillery Regiment created to protect Green-Glade! Caption Bordwich says this is an obvious sign of reviving power in Izgurka!"

As he yelled this, several uniformed men stopped by to listen, drooping coins into a hat at the boy's feet.

Result: Artillery Regiment built in Green-Glade.

Expansion and Diplomacy

Expansion: The Power of Progress shall be expanded to Province 193 and 192. Hail Science.

Heffion looked around the grand table, staring each of his advisers in the eyes as he pointed to two areas of land that had once been apart of the once mighty Izgurken Empire but had won their "independence".

"Jawsink, I want you to direct the reclamation and colonization of some of the old lands alongside Lord-General Bronsworth."Heffion said in his crisp and young voice to a fat man dressed in fine,dark green fabrics, Several gold chains decorated with Rubys hanging around his neck.

"Of course, My lord," Began the Domestic Adviser," But are you sure we can take back some of the lost lands? Who knows what those savages have become!"

"Oh quiet you! It has been far too long sense we had a leader with guts!" A battle-scared gentleman clad in a Dark-Green military uniform declared, his large Handle-bar mustache bouncing as he talked."You can count on me to get the job done right, my lord! We will bring these barbarians back into the fold of Science! Whatever they have won't last long against our riflemen!"

Heffion smiled,he could always count on Bronsworth to do his bidding . He was a tough old bastard who has been waiting for the chance to claim the lands that were rightfully theirs.

And he kept that Jarsink in line, he was the best at his job, but by the Laws of Physics he was annoying!

Diplomacy:​

The famed Heffion the Logical sat on his tall, iron throne, snacking on a choice piece of meat and reading over several, unimportant documents, his pet parrot, Issac,sat perched on a stool by his side. He began skimming a seemingly bland scouting report when he saw something that caught his eye.

"Well well well Issac, look what he have here." Heffin mumbled to his feathered companion,whom picked at his feathers in response," It seems as if some settlers spotted signs of another empire very close to our borders, shall we see whom our new neighbors are?"

Issac looked towards his owner dumbly, before squawking out,"Bwarck! Burn the Savages! Bwarck!"

"Ah Issac, you have been hanging around Bronsworth too long!" Heffion chuckled,it was good when he had these brief periods of privacy, which became fewer and farther between as the days went on.

Still chuckling, he called for his diplomats, he had to find out more about this "United States of Caledonia".

Result: Diplomats sent to the United States of Caledonia to learn more about their neighbor.

N.S.R.E.​
On the streets of the great capital of Izgurka a cloaked man moves quickly through down the cobbles to avoid the patrolling police man. After looking over his shoulder several times the small man finally takes a turn down an alleyway towards a small home, tucked in between the buildings and streets. He knocks on the door three times and another man with a worn face opens it, they exchange and nod and the cloaked figure enters. Inside the curtains are closed and many men and woman sit around a large table, a red flag hands from the nearby wall.
They are a small part of the ‘resistance’ a group of Izgurkan citizens that seek to topple the government, although they are small and weak the fact they are there is…troubling. Since the loss of our African colonies the government has been made to look like a fool and the people whisper rebellion. Sir, its time something was done, we cannot look weak any longer, and we must become strong and prosperous.

Heffion the Logical sighed deeply as his advisers told him of the government's reputation, and how the people had gotten restless and have began thinking of rebellion. This was a very delicate situation that required a silent hand, they had to remove the broken parts from the machine while making the pure cogs regain faith in their operators.

Turning towards his advisers, who were sitting around a table below his elevated throne, awaiting his orders, he announced his plan.

"To regain the faith of our people, we must unite them all under a single cause that will benefit our plans and stop their doughts. I propose we integrate heavy propaganda campaigns into every aspect of daily life, from work to play." Heffion began, briefly casting a look towards his Public-affairs adviser,"Ranock, I need you to get right on this, cast the government in the best light possible, make them remember the glory days of our empire and remind them that those days of splendor shall only return as a result of their labor."

Ranock nodded and got up to leave, propaganda would not make itself after all.

Stopping near a kneeling drink-servant to have a sip of tea, Heffion explained step two of his plan," As for this Resistance, I want them crushed all at once, so we can focus on more important things." Heffion glanced towards his eyes and ears for the more...unrefined parts of the cities, a shady man by the name of Hennald, and gave him his orders," I need you to use your....special connections to get spys into the Resistance ranks, if you can do that then we can take them all out in one strike!"

Some rulers might find it "cowardly" to implant spys into your enemy's ranks instead of hunting them down, but this was Izgurka, deception was but one of Heffion's many tools.

"Aht, I can get it done ma Lord. Just need a few days is all." Hennald responded in his guttural accent, clearly raised in the slumps of Gemcite. While he was not the most well breed of Heffin's helpers, he was certainly one of the most useful, giving him valuable information about the going-on's in the Empire without fail, and all he asked in return was some food and pay.

"Excellent, when it is done we can lure them into a trap and bury them in cannon fire! Problem solved." Heffion said confidently, before turning and begining to walk towards the heavy twin doors.

"Meeting adjourned, if anyone is in need of me I will be in my quarters. Praise Science." He shouted behind his shoulder, the collective cry of "Praise Science" his only response.

N.S.R.E. Results: 1.Spys planted in the Resistance ranks. 2.Heavy propaganda programs initiated, loyalty and production boost.

#7 ·
Requisition: 10
Income: 0
Expenses: -9
Total: 1

National Interest

Industry: Upgrade province 104 and 107 to Farmland. -4
Build a Port in province 106. -2

Military: Founding of the first official regiment of Equas. Formed from the united peoples of Equas. (Infantry) -3

Province 106: Sivernam - The Port City of Masaq. The current capital of Equas and the seat of it's government. Masaq was founded when a group of colonists took shelter in a cove during a dreadful storm, only to discover it was in fact a natural harbour of astounding size, accessible by only one small channel. A natural fortress in itself. With fresh water running down into the sea, and plenty of game and fertile land, it was an ideal place to build a settlement. There formed, first the settlement, then the town and what is now fast becoming the sprawling metropolis of Masaq. Considering it's position as the newly liberated state of Equas, work is planned to fortify Masaq, the harbour already forming a natural fortress but designs are being drawn to make it nigh impregnable.

Province 107: Elleram - Discovered later in the colonisation of the new continent, Elleram was noted for it's fertility on the wide rolling plains on which life thrived, it has since been cleared and work on an advanced irrigated farming community continues apace.

Province 105: Wiverna - The sister to Elleram in almost every detail, though discovered far later, the men who live out here are a rough, hard-bitten folk, though their farms are massive and they look forward to swelling their coffers once their first caravans reach the capital.

Province 104: Kierra - Furthest from Masaq and the first colony established on the new continent the people of Kierra are used to living in comfort. They used to run great slave plantations until the formation of Equas led to it's abolition and the masters of the land, still fabulously wealthy are bitter at the cost the new state has extracted from them, they are also, almost exclusively aetheist, and stand as one of the most divisive elements of the states congress.

Military Action

Founding of the first official regiment of Equas. Formed from the united peoples of Equas. (Infantry)

Expansion and Diplomacy

Expansion: Colonisation of provinces 98 and 99

Diplomacy:

A hacking cough split the silence, it was deep and brutal, no mere cold or minor illness, this was something that pointed to a far deeper corruption, and a far more fatal one. Cardinal Thomas Marechal stared ruefully at his handkerchief, pushing it back into the pocket of his robes before anyone could see the blood on it.

"Cardinal!"

The sharp tones of William Sev called him back to the matter in hand. William was one of his advisers, a sharp featured, raven haired deacon who seemed to permanently wear an expression of disapproval on his face. The others of the council were varied, the tall, dark skinned Asa Koriche was a reserved man with an expressive, thoughtful face while the others of the Cardinal's entourage were equally as varied.

"May we perhaps return to the matter in hand."

"Yes, yes of course William."

Thomas' voice was soft and kindly, losing some of it's power, nonetheless is was a voice that inspired trust. Reminding one of a kindly old grandfather. it was a voice more reminiscent of a parish priest than the powerful figure Thomas cut. He was tall and thin, with broad shoulders and a body that had once been powerful, but was now wasting away with age and disease. His face was noble, but as gaunt as the rest of his body, his cheeks hollow with illness and much of his once healthy complexion faded and greyed. His eyes were kindly, but tired as he looked back towards the frowning Arch-Deacon.

"I..."

Asa coughed meaningfully.

"We believe that considering our position, and our past, remaining in isolation is a recipe for diasaster, at the first opportunity we should despatch envoys to the nearby states to ascertain their alignment and to acquire allies in Europe. Asa was nodding in agreement. That was unusual, most of the time the too were at each others throats, for them to agree was rare, and showed that the matter was of clear import.

This wasn't strictly true, Asa and William were the two most influential advisers, but hid this from Thomas, making him think that they were enemies when in fact together they manipulated him into doing what they wanted.

He nodded thoughtfully, despite the two manipulating him he was no fool and probably would have pursued the same course anyway. He nodded sharply.

"Very well, I see no reason why not. In fact this would certainly be the most prudent course of action. I suggest that we should prepare a ship to take an envoy across the Mediterranean, an ally across the sea would certainly be a valuable trading partner and if it comes to war we will need friends in Europe.”
Envoy dispatched, Deacon Peter Matthews sails across the Mediterranean and seeing evidence of advanced construction and civilisation petition for access to the Kingdom of Wintereisse, waiting just offshore province 212. Sunset Island.
Scouts sent east to the Akkadian Empire, ending at 114.

NSRE
With so many religions within our republic nobody is quite sure what holds everyone together, perhaps it’s a sense of unity? Or because the other option is to be dictated by a European warlord or Monarch, but if we are to survive as an independent country we need to create a dominant cultural group. While this nation holds many African and European people we need to merge them into one cultural group, some have suggested that we call it ‘Equastrian’ but because the African people are dominant we simple assimilate the other ethnic groups in an African one? Making the decision would a step in the right direction but how we do it will be the real challenge!

“In Masaq, Kierra, Elleram, it is we descendants of the settlers who are the wealthy, there are more of us in the parliament and we command the greater proportion of the lands. We are the ruling class and I suggest we take steps to maintain this state of affairs.”

Tobias was Kierran, and it showed in his attitude, many Kierran’s believed themselves superior to the African people who worked their plantations and ultimately provided their fortune, but he was not popular at the minute, and it showed. William Sev was idly picking at dirt beneath his nails, while Asa Koriche looked half asleep, watching the council from beneath lidded eyes.

“Now that the councillor has finished may I make a suggestion.”

Thomas nodded gently, frowning gently at the aetheist’s suggestion. “Of course William, this is a democracy after all.”

“Quite. Now, we may be the wealthy, we are the heads of the major religions and many of us sit in parliament. However, we are not the majority of the state, there are thousands, millions of people who we govern, and each will want his say. To impose any such state of affairs upon them would be a massive waste of manpower and money.”

He paused, looking around the table to see how the wind was blowing, and Thomas noted that Asa was frowning, but paying attention.

“I suggest that we draw up a bill of equality, those of us who rule are still the educated, the wealthy but the people deserve their equal representation among the mass and as we outlawed slavery, I say we make it law that all, in their basic human rights, are equal.”

Many around the table were nodding now, Tobias looked displeased at the turn events had taken, but seemed unwilling to continue the argument, knowing he had lost. Asa too looked unhappy, but more because the Arch-deacon’s suggestion had been a good one than because he disagreed. Thomas coughed, that familiar racking cough that shook his now frail body as he pressed the handkerchief to his mouth and nose. This continued for nearly a minute, until he managed a sip of water from the crystal goblets set around the table. The others had wine, but Cardinal Thomas Marechal drank no alcohol, only the Lord’s blood, in as much it was transformed from wine. When he finally managed to speak it was strong however.

“William is right, we would be nothing without our people and we should not abuse their trust and support. Such a bill is something I have worked for and I believe that now we have the strength of argument to succeed in passing it. I shall put it to parliament at the congress tomorrow.”

NSRE result – No man is any different from any other because of his physical characteristics. The Racial Equality Act is presented to parliament

#8 ·
Requisition-10
Spent-8
Total Remaining-2

Industry: upgrade Dardanelles (150) into a port, fortify Darcus (149), upgrade Albania (152) and Kupala (151) into farms

The Empire announces new agricultural programs for the provinces of Albania and Kupala, expanding upon the region’s farmlands to better feed its growing population. Coastal towns in Dardanelles begin modernization projects on preexisting ports.

Military: none taken

Expansion: begin immediate colonization of 148 and 153

Diplomacy: send diplomats to Winterreise and Caledonia to discuss the formation of non-aggression treaties or a possible alliance.

Voivode Konrad Siegfried Vykos silently studied the map laid out upon the table before, ignoring the ramblings of his advisors. He had heard it all before. Most of them were convinced that ideas were better. Most weren’t. His eyes were drawn to the two largest of the empire’s neighbors, Winterreise and Caledonia. Before any real expansion of the empire could begin they would have to be dealt with.

The Kingdom of Winterreise was a potential danger due to their close proximity. If a conflict started between them they could quickly and strike at the heart of the Empire. Extending an olive branch would at the very least gauge the nation’s future intentions. If they proved to be hostile with an eye on conquering the lands of the Empire they would be ready for them.

Caledonia was another potential ally but one that they could gain some leverage over with the proper actions. Presently the fastest way for the nation to import and export was through the strait that connected the Black Sea to the Mediterranean. Taking control of the region would put them in a position to dictate trade through the Black Sea. Of course if Caledonia realized fully realized what they were doing they would undoubted be displeased but there would be little they could do to stop them.

“Send envoys to Winterreise and Caledonia,” he ordered. “We need to gauge their reactions and intentions. Hopefully they will see the value in becoming allies rather than enemies.”

NSRE: Even though the empire has finally pulled through the age of poverty and economic downturn, back when the empire was on the verge of collapse. There are still people who seek self-determination; to break away and form their own nation, from what they call “A weak and corrupt government” Even though the other people of the empire seem to accept the rule of Darcus, these people, situated in the land of ‘Albania’ still want to return to the old ways. They expressed their feelings during a series of riots where they raided an administrate building and wounded several royal officials. The local police managed to stem the rioting and many troublemakers were arrested but, the hunger of self-determination still fills the mind of the rioters. Attempting to find the ring-leaders would be very difficult, as they are hidden away among law-abiding citizens. Sire, what would should we do?

Konrad let out a sigh as he rubbed his eyes as the officer finished his report. No matter how many reforms and improvements he brought to his people there were some that were never satisfied. The old men of the aristocracy feared change and anything that could threaten their power and wealth, the older poor who had spent most of their lives suffering in terrible poverty before his reforms became enacted and were still bitter over the hand fate had dealt them and now these Albanians and their cry for self-determination. It was truly ironic that they were calling out for a return to the old ways as well as self-determination. Before the forming of the Empire the masses were serfs with no real rights what so ever and before his ascension to the throne things were little better. Sure they could do whatever they wish but only those directly serving the aristocracy had regular meals and a decent home to rest in. Really the only people who would benefit from what these anarchists were calling for would be the rich nobles of Albania and it was likely that they were the real leaders behind this ‘movement’. Zachary Rustovich, Boyar of Albania was part of the ‘Old Guard’ among the nobles and a vocal opponent to his reforms.

Unfortunately without hard proof of their treason there was little he could do directly against the nobles. Still this could not be allowed to go on unpunished. “I want this incident investigated but tell them that I will not tolerate heavy-handed tactics and violent reprisals,” he instructed. “We are not like these…anarchists and criminals. All of us are to be held at a higher standard.”

Many officers and nobles were crying out for vengeance after this latest riot and will have it. But now was not the time. Bringing the hammer down now would only embolden the anarchists and drive more to their cause. A softer approach was needed now and when the ringleaders were brought out into the light they will receive the fate of all traitors.

“Albania, no all the people of the Empire need to be reminded that only through unity can we all prosper. Self-determination is a joke. A thousand voices will always express a thousand different opinions. It brings only dissention and chaos,” the Voivode explained, rising from his throne. “Dissention and chaos will only lead to suffering and strife. I will not allow that for the Empire and its people.”

“What will you do sire?” Dieter, one of his aides asked.

“I will go to Albania myself,” Konrad answered. “First I will visit those injured officers in hospital. From there I shall inspect the damage from the riots before speaking to the public, reminding them of where we have come from, what we have accomplished together and what we can still achieve as long as we remain unified. And while these people calling for self-determination may have the best of intentions their actions are doing nothing but harm to our people which I will not tolerate. If they are truly sincere about their actions then they would not resort to lashing out at their own people.”

#9 ·
Requisition Subtotal: 10
- Income: +0
- Expenses: -9
- Final Total: 1

National Interest:
Industry:Upgrade province 74 and 75 to farmland. Build Port in Province 75. -6 Requisition

Military: Recruit the 1st infantry battalion of the Royal Guard. in province 75. -3 Requisition

Province 75: Jylland the heart of the Kingdom, where in the old days the vikings spread terror and trade across europe. A land of gentle rolling hills, good for farming and raising of livestock. Its 6000 miles of coastline, providing the nation with many fishing villages and natural ports where towns and cities have sprung up. Providing ships and sailors for the merchant fleet of vendsyssel. Thou most of the trade richness comes from transporting goods from one end of europe to the other end, with great profits to be made. But all merchants need a safe place to return to, to get repairs and replacing lost crew. Jylland provides that safe place, and the best fresh bacon in the galaxy.

Province 74: Slesvig the area the old legions of rome never crossed. Many a war have been thought in the old times between Jylland and slesvig, ruins of fortifications are spread across the borderland. But as Jylland became under rule of one king, and became the kingdom of vendsyssel, its armies united defeated the various lords of slesvig and the nation became a part of the kingdom. Most of the lords of that time was incorporated into the nobility of vendsyssel and retained there lands, and have for centuries provided the nation with a stable border and protection from aggressors of the south.

Province 71: Prussia was once part of a larger nation, but it collapsed 75 years ago. Its emperor being very warlike, drove his nation to bankrupcy and collapse from several unsuccesful wars. The people of Prussia rebelling, and joined the Kingdom of Vendsyssel for protection from there former emperors revenge. A series of small wars followed but Prussia experienced a surge of prosperity, as money flowed in to rebuild the province. Its coastline placement making it a perfect addition to vendsyssel. Trade coming down the Gulf of Finland, could be unloaded in prussia to be sent south, much cheaper than the ports in Jylland could.

Province 72: Hamborg was in the old times a bunch of small duchies, city states and kingdoms. But as the Kingdom of Vendsyssel consolidated its power in the region a long term plan was set into motion. A plan that would make the kingdom gain control of the regions fertile lands and its relatively abundance of iron and silver. Over the next few centuries every city, kingdom, duchy and what ever else called itself a power in the region was bought, coerced, assimilated, forced or cheated into becoming a part of the Kingdom. Which is now beginning to show its true worth for Vendsyssel, as its riches truly have begun to travel into the nations treasury.

Movement of Armies and Fleets:
1st infantry Royal Guard battalion on extended combat drill maneuvers in province 75 Jylland.

Expansion and Diplomacy:

King Andrew looked out over the lakes that surrounded the castle of Skanderborg. The ministers of the government sitting by the long tables with there aids, or talking in small groups in the corners of the large hall that was usually used for the large parties a king was supposed to throw every now and then. Various reports on what was happening in the nation and the surrounding area had been discussed and the King was quite pleased with the progress.

Colonisation:

Begin immediate colonisation of Province 76 and 70

Province 76: The counts, barons and dukes of Bremen had approached Vendsyssel five years ago with a collected wish to join the Kingdom. It was a relatively poor region, that was plagued with skirmishes with raiding neighbours they couldn't fight back. Pirates using its uncontrolled harbours as staging points against the merchant fleets of Vendsyssel. Which had made them boycot the nation, almost stopping all trade. The signing of the treaty that would make the province a part of the kingdom, was planned to happen in two weeks. King Andrews wife allready planning the festivities that would happen in the very same hall as the government was now using as a parliament. King Andrew smiled to himself, the plan his father had but in motion 17 years ago had worked like a charm. Secretly supporting the aggresive neighbours to raid Bremen and supporting the pirates with knowledge of the merchant fleets movements had quickly provided a boon in the pirate fleets numbers. Support that would now slowly disappear, and reinforcing the armies of Bremen, should quickly discourage further attacks. And taking control of the harbours should also make life difficult for the pirates. With trade soon to begin in the province again, the province would soon be a productive member of the Kingdom, of that Andrew was sure. And it was also the access they needed for province 78 Nederland, a rich province that was also becoming rich on trade and its abundance of natural harbours. Something the kingdom was very interested in, at the very least, to keep other powers out of the area.

Province 70: Brandenborg was another story, it was one of the last remnants of the old Prussian empire. Unrest and poverty had ruled the country for decades, there was no true ruling body left, its nobility and other influential people had fled or had been killed. Anarchy being the only true rule. Many people from the area had fled into the adjoining provinces of Vendsyssel, people that could easily be persuaded to return home if the area would become stabil. Not to mention that many prominent prussian families had families and land in Brandenborg they would like access to again. Contact had been established with the largest collections of rebels and people across the nation, and they had all been persuaded by various means to support the assimilation into the Kingdom of Vendsyssel. Large propaganda machinery had been working overtime for months, to inform and prepare the populace of Brandenburg of the new rule. And what it would mean for its people. Military forces had been gathered ready to move in, to secure Brandenburgs remaining infrastructure and provide police and security, untill the nation would begin to get back on its feet. King Andrew was concerned that it would take decades to truly get the nation back on its feet, but many merchants had allready plans for investments that would help create jobs, growth and stability to the nation. Which should help them become a content preferably a happy part of the Kingdom.

Diplomacy:

There had been many reports on the state of europe, the foreign minister and influential merchant Jakob Samuelsen, had collected several reports from his own fleets as well as that of both national and foreign ship captains of what was happening in the world. Reports was returning of several nations gaining the wealth and power to expand there power, much like what Vendsyssel itself was doing. The government had decided to expand the net of agents to be placed in all neighbouring provinces, slowly to expand that net over the coming years, so Vendsyssel should get detailed information of the provinces and there dealings with there neighbours. Dedicated merchant fleets with no obvious affiliation with the government or kingdom, would be collected to create more permanent trade relations with the close nations of Izgurka, Illyrian and England. It was concluded that much information would be gained, by seeing how those realms would treat merchant fleets. What trade would they allow, what taxes and fees they would place on various goods. Would it be independent merchants or institutions of the realms that would negotiate the deals. It was also surmised that was good trade relations created, it would form the basis for more permanent solutions. And if over the years the other nations trade economy could become reliant somewhat on the merchant fleet of Vendsyssel, a boycot from that fleet could also weaken or hamper the nation in case hostilities was initiated.

Independent Merchant fleets sent to Izgurka, Illyrian and England to improve trade relations.

Not-so-random events

King Andrew turned around speaking out to the gathered ministers.
"I have come to a decision on our lack of qualified officers for the new national army."

The government and king had spent hours upon hours, not just this day discussing the new national army. The nobility of the nation had for centuries been the providers of soldiers for the nation, gathering men for any war or other conflict the Kingdom became a part of. Which also meant the lords still kept too much power, since if there was the will to do it, they could instigate a coup of state. Taking the power from the king and government. As King Andrew was still the leader of the fleets and Armies of Vendsyssel. The minister of defense being second in command. The minister being the Count of Himmerland, had lobbied for the suggestion that the rich and influential could by spots for officers untill experienced and skilled officers had been appointed.
It was a solution that had its merits, but it would still keep the army in control of the nobility for far too long. Other options had been discussed, but none had really captured the kings approval. But Andrew had have some quiet time to ponder the problem while just staring at the lakes around the castle, and Andrew had come up with an idea that sprung from various parts of the other ideas that had been presented.

"To begin with we are going to buy experienced officers from various mercenary companies across europe, standard officer salary to begin with and with a bonus for lets say ten years of service. Im suggesting a sizeable piece of property and land. All the excess land we have after the Catholic church have turned much of there land over to the Kingdom, could easily be converted to this purpose. That way we get officers that have tried actual war and know what a soldier need to be able to do. And with a little luck loyalty in that they are actually going to fight for there future home. Our recruiters should ofcourse try and recruit officers that are some what sympathetic to our way of doing things."

Sitting down in his chair the king continued his proposal.

"Meanwhile we are going to create military academies across the kingdom for training of officers. Something every future officer aspirant need to attend, in order to become a officer of the National Army of Vendsyssel. I want Naval academies too, for our national fleet. As you all know port facilities in Aarhus are being expanded. And even thou we have lots of experienced officers for our ships, I want officers that can control fleets in battle, not just a single ship versus ship encounters. Instead of just buying a officer spot as it have been suggested, we are going to allow donation for these academies, which grant access to the academies. Even thou some of the rich and powerful might send there unruly sons with no aptitude to lead, im sure they will stop when there sons graduate only as sergeants. And im sure spoiled unruly nobles might work hard to become proper officers, not much wealth or glory in just being sergeants, and a lot of hard work. And that is the mandate the teachers and leaders of every academy is going to have, they are the ones that pass the students, they are the ones that send out sergeants, lieutenants or failures. And when the academies have been built we could keep on accepting donations, which would still keep the nobility and rich in the loop, but every donation should also cover a full scholarship for someone who ordinarily couldn't afford to attend the academy. Scholarships for ordinary soldiers that have exemplary service records and shows great aptitude for leading. For students of the universities with decent grades, but also want to but can't afford to serve there country. Maybe even for poor men, that pass a test we could hold yearly for those truly motivated and gifted, but are just poor. That way we would also guarantee that we get motivated and loyal soldiers in our officer corps. Any comments gentlemen"

Then the discussions heated up again for a few more hours, but King Andrew got his suggestion through.

NSRE action: Experienced mercenaries and willing officers from various armies across europe hired for the National army. Military and Naval Acadamies built in the larger cities across the kingdom to provide the nation with qualified officers for its armies in the future.

#10 · (Edited)
Total starting RP point = 10
Total cost of turn= 4
Remaining RP = 6

Colonization and industry;

Province 14 – 15 to farms
Colonize 16 – 19

As lieutenant Rowley of the 3rd colonial divisions sifted through his reports he came to the same conclusion that his fellow councillors had all agreed to. The 2 nearby provinces both were perfect for expansion and with the boom of resources the colony received when, Johansson Mclanahan came, both could be colonized simultaneously. As well as this there were enough supplies to build farms in the available provinces that have already been colonized allowing a source of income to begin flowing through the colony. However much to his frustration his push to have an infantry regiment created was denied by an overall vote but he was promised a force will be constructed later on. Both ways Rowley saw the reason behind it but still felt uneasy, and as the meeting was adjourned he half chuckled to himself when he thought a few decades of war is a good excuse to become a little twitchy.

Diplomacy;

He still couldn’t stop himself from shaking with anticipation. Here in front of him was one of the motherlands most famous war heroes! Michal was only a standard diplomat so commonly only met with low level figures but this was the start of a new turn in his career. “And finally mi lord we have a fleet of independent merchant fleets from king Andrew’s territory.” After thinking to himself for a moment Mclanahan seemed to straighten as he reached a conclusion in his mind “As you know the motherland cannot support us and many nations here rival us in size and power, even so it is unwise to turn away an olive branch. Allow the merchants in with open arms and send them to our bazars. They will undoubtedly improve trade relations and that can only lead to more income on both our behalf not to mention due to their location they would make a better friend than foe.” Quickly scribbling down notes Michal looked up to see Mclanahan pause as if in thought before continuing. “We do not want to be too open with our new neighbours, at least not until we at least have a garrison army. So for now send diplomatic emissaries to the nearby lands to confirm current peaceful relations. And make sure to see if an embassy can be set up in the nations USC and the empire of Higara to make further diplomatic missions easier as well as show peace.” Quickly bowing his head Michal left the room almost jumping with excitement he had been placed in charge to oversee the entire colonies diplomatic missions. Maybe he was in for more than just a simple promotion he pondered as he headed down the corridor to meet with his fellow diplomats

Summary;
Merchants allowed entry with open arms
Diplomats sent to all nearby nations to confirm there are no hostilities
And embassies are asked to be made in Higara and USC to push for more friendly relations

Not so random event;

This was not how Jackson expected the day to go. It started off normal seemed to be ending normal before a whole force of royal guards showed up asking everyone in the damn town to show up. However until he reached town hall he wondered what was happening and what was serious enough to pull him away from his dinner but now in front of him on a large rough stage was Commander Mclanahan. “Ladies and Gentlemen, I take only a moment of your time to discuss matters that I have heard of and feel should be confronted personally. Many of you say that the motherland is no more and the war may have been lost, or that we deserve our own rights to the land. Let me first say I believe that we have not lost the war and if anything we would be pushing the slimy Caldari behind their own borders. But still I must admit I have no proof and will have no proof only my beliefs in our great leaders. But the fact some of you say we deserve our own land confuses me. In my eyes all the land around us all the land we can see will be ours. It will be yours; it will be mine it will be the motherlands. You will own it and choose what to do with it but the fact of what its name is does not change how much food comes out of it or how much you care to protect it. All a name really is only a sign of what we are able to show of ourselves. For example when the Caldari attacked one regiment stood against them for 2 weeks until reinforcements arrived. They all shared our names and they are all in our blood we all have seen what Illyrans are capable of and would we want to add a colony that left behind that who gave it birth to the list. Even so one I must consider is how some have said that the name could give us enemies and endanger us. To this let me say that if having a piece of paper attached to the helmets of our soldiers saying we are not Illyrian would help protect us I would personally write the sheets myself but would that stop the butchers that haunt us or the Caldari who started the wars. I do not think so and neither should you. This is our chance to prove ourselves again and show our power not fight against that which gave us this opportunity.” With that Mclanahan left the stage and all the listeners were sent back to their homes each with something on their mind. Although Jackson felt persuaded he knew some might not accept their leader’s ideals.

NSRE; Independent from motherland refused. Leader travels across major towns saying speeches while his ambassadors and lower nobles spread similar speeches to lower towns and farms.

#11 · (Edited)
Requisition Subtotal:
-Income=0
-Expenses= -7
-Total= 3

National Interest

Industry: Build farms on 171, 170 -4

Military: Train the 1st Artillery division in 178 -3

Province 171: Alexandria . The bustling capital of Caledonia. A province made up of rolling plains this was the land that Alexander first took. It is a rich and fruitful land where the rich and poor live happily side by side. This is where Alexander and his advisors reside.

Province 170: Invirdu : This the main trade province of Caledonia and plans for a port in the future are known. This land flows out into the wide expanse of water known as the balck sea. Its citys are filled with merchants just waiting to set out and trade with Caledonias allys.

Province 172: Pertig: Another important trade province but renowned for its sea power. This land is formed around a large natural harbour and so is destined to be the staging point of Caledonias sea power.

Province 178: The serious military stronghold of Caledonia. Due to its close proximity to an important strategic location and its large expanses of open ground this has become the staging point of much of Caledonias future military muscle.

Expansion and diplomacy

Alexander returned from his religious journey to find that much had changed within Europe. He realised that time was of the essence and quickly set about his plans.

Colonisation: Instant colonisation sent to 179, 182

Diplomacy: When Alexander returned he found diplomats awaiting him. He chose to first speak with the diplomats from the Darscen Empire.

The diplomats were offering a very interesting proposal from their master. Alexander thought of the way he could use an ally such as the Darscens. And so Alexander sent the diplomats back with an alliance request on their minds.

The diplomats from the Izgurka were a different matter. Alexander was not particularly eager to ally with such a scientific country. But his brother seemed extremely enthusiastic and so Alexander accepted a non-aggression pact with the Izgurkas.

Alliance request sent to Darscen. Non-aggression pact sent to Izgurka

NSRE

Alexander sat back on his throne. Standing before him were three important men within Caledonia. To the right stood a tall man dressed in religious robes. This was Bizarc, the most important religious figure of the kingdom. To the left was a man dressed in smart military uniform. This was Ulaf, the general of Caledonias armys. And in the middle stood one of Alexanders own flesh and blood. This was Christopher, Alexanders brother and vizer. The men waited in silence for Alexander to speak.

"So, our country wants a religion. Well, what shall we choose. Bizarc, what are your thoughts."

Bizarc moved forward slightly and spoke loudly.

"We need a holy figure for the people to follow. They are weakminded without beleif and subjest to the tricks of the enemy. I say that we call Christianity as our religion and let God breate spirit into our people."

Ulaf spoke, after a nod from Alexander, in a commanding voice.

"My lord, I disagree with Bizarc. If we put our faith in God then our industry will fall far behind that of our enemys. We need to move forward from beleif and move forward with science. I call that we abolish religion all together and concentrate wholey on science."

"So there is disagreement in my court. Brother, i wish to hear your say on this important matter"

Christopher stepped proudly forward and addressed Alexander.

"Destroy religion brother. God and his angels our nothing but nonsense and filth from Europe. What we need our guns, not faith. Can faith kill hundreds of our enemys with a single shot. Can faith blow apart a mountain. Can faith kill a man with one shot. No! All it does is weaken our nation and let them think they are protected by the supposed God. We must destroy all traces of religion from our nation and let the people embrace science. We must do this or we will fail and be crushed."

Alexander nodded and thought for a while before speaking again
"You make a good point brother but you speak rashly. I agree with Bizarc. We must make our people strong with faith and take the enemy with the Lords name on our lips. This is my final descicion. Now go, all of you.

Christopher shook his head in disgust before turning on his heel and storming form the room, closely followed by Ulaf. Bizarc bowed before striding out as well, a smile on his lips. Alexander lay back, he knew he would have trouble with his brother. Espeachilly now with the head of the army following him. He needed to prepare.

#12 · (Edited)
Turn Two

July 1850, to December 1850

Not-so-random events

The Holy Kingdom of Winterreise – A thorn in our side
At last! The Holy Kingdom of Winterreise can finally realise its true potential! New land is being brought under our great wings and industry is booming, the church thanks the grace of God for such a blessing. However, it has come as a shock to our people that not everyone that resides around of nation (or, as of now, in it) is a member of the Catholic Church! In one of our new colonies a large group of Atheists have been discovered! Atheists! Despite the best efforts of local priests these sinners refuse to convert, many of our bishops are crying for blood, Atheist blood.

Akkadian Empire – Tribal Problems
In the land around the Akkadian Empire there are many Tribes, they have been in this land for many years now, and none can remember when the first ones appeared. The empire is expanding and many of these tribes are being brought into it, however a lot of these savages refuse to forsake their uncivilised ways and see the light. Our people may worship the all-powerful God-King Sargon, but these hard faced, fly bitten savages do not. We want their land, but they refuse to give it to us. It’s about time we brought them round to our way of thinking.

The Realm of Izgurka
It has been a long time now, since the workmen put those posters up on the walls of our buildings, now we have the symbol of Izgurka watching over us, controlling us. It is omnipresent, all over you can see it; in shot windows, branded on toys, taught in schools, the uniforms of the proud green soldiers that march the streets. The Government called it ‘National Identity’ to ‘Remind the world who we are’ but for the rebels it was a sign, a signal to start their own campaign. Word came from the spies; an uprising was being planned for Manitia, and it would begin very soon. It would be held outside Heffin’s presidential mansion, the information was confused in places but it seemed very clear that the rebels would be armed. We have two clear choices, strike now or prepare for the uprising. Attacking them now could mean a lot of the resistance would escape and possibly regroup, but waiting could threaten the life of our most important politicians, and even, Heffin

The Empire of England – The Englishman, Scotsman and the Irishman
George Smith, the best advisor the empire had to offer was not sitting at home with his wife and two small children; instead he stood in a green field on the English-Scottish border. Nobody was quite sure why he had been chosen for this task, he was a weary man with a nervous twitch in one arm, he did not look like the finest the empire could offer, standing in a field in his smart clothes, it all looked quite ridiculous. But he had done this kind of thing before, negotiating with tribes and suchlike, that’s why they must have chosen him. With him were two soldiers and an officer, they had rifles apart from the officer who had a sword at his belt. They waited for the leaders of the Celtic Union to make his way to them and begin the talks. The representative of the Scots was bear of man, with fists the size of hammers wearing a kilt and a tunic and a huge highland sword on his back. The Irish representative was a small man, ravaged by age that carried nothing but his clothes and a wooden walking stick.
“Gentlemen” George said “how good of you to make it, shall we begin?” The old man nodded. The Scotsman was the first to start the ‘meeting’

“We know what you want from us”, George raised an eyebrow “we’ve seen it so many times before! So-called civilizations thinking they rule this land!”

“My good sir, we only to wish to-“

“NO, this is our land! We have lived here for years! We have reached the end of our tether with these Empires!” he went on

“We are offering you a position of power, your people will be allowed to keep all their traditional values, there need be no fighting” George remained calm

The bear-man swore at him “This ends now!” he turned to face his highlanders waiting not very far away “Lads! Kill the pigs!”

Before anyone knew what was happening the Highlanders raised their rifles and the two English soldiers dropped to the floor dead, the officer unsheathed his sword but was met with the cold steel of a Highland claymore.
Only George was left standing. The bear was cleaning his blade.
The withered Irishman stepped forward and spoke for the first time, “You have threatened our independence one too many times, return to your hole and tell your leaders… we have declared war…”

The United States of Caledonia – Border Troubles
Due to colonisation is some region we now share our border with another nation, The Realm of Izgurka; a benevolent dictatorship that has forgone all religion. This is the first border we have ever shared with a sovereign nation and in truth; no one is quite sure how to react. Some have tried to make trade deals, raids, alliances; the Izgurkan diplomats have been so overwhelmed by political rubbish they simply cannot react. Our ministers want to establish an international border policy, so that we may all speak as one voice towards the Izgurkans, and that we might be able to create a reputation for ourselves.

The Religious Republic of Equas – Colonial Epidemic
It has come to our attention that one of our new colonies (province 99) has a had a serious outbreak of cholera and many of our plans to colonise the region have been postponed, (of course, ministers still recognise the region as our territory) but the people there are begging for our help to clean up the disease. However a lot of the richer, more important people within our government don’t want to risk it, because they fear that it could spread to one of our core provinces and threaten production there. They also seem to believe that our doctors can’t do it; despite our modern equipment cholera has always been a tough nut to crack.

The Darcsen Empire – Traitor
A man in a long black coat walked down the streets of Japrantia, the largest city in the province of Albania, no less than a month ago some Albanian Nationalists had staged an uprising here. The garrison here had put it down but the townspeople were still feeling the effects, almost everywhere you went there was a broken banner, a spent cartridge or rubbish on the streets. The man in the coat ignored that though, he had a job to do. In one pocket he carried a seal envelope and in the other, a loaded revolver. As he turned a corner the man could see another man like him, dressed in a long black coat, the obvious bulge of a gun in his coat pocket too. As they met they exchanged no words, but the first man simply passed the envelope to the other and they were off. When the second man reached his destination he would open it, it would be foolish to look now.

Voivode Konrad Siegfried Vykos was sitting in his stately home in the province of Albania, enjoying a good smoke when one of his aides, Dieter rushed through the door.

“By god man!” an angered Konrad yelled “can you knock?”
Dieter was panting, obviously he had been running “My lord…so sorry…we just got the latest report…from our spies”

“Well what is it that you need to come barging in?”

“Sir, one of generals…is a traitor…he has been working with the Albanians, someone right at the top of the food chain, one of your personal advisors…”

The Empire of Hiigara – Road kill
The Emperor of Hiigara, Oda Nokubura had been travelling to speak with the leaders of the Republic of Equas, but his ship had hit a rock and was being forced to make the rest of the journey by foot, well, by carriage. The convoy had been making lot of good progress that was until they heard the sounds of hooves.
The soldiers had seen it first, a great cloud of dust gathering in the distance, nobody was sure what it was at first but when it got close the danger became clear. It was a company of wild bandits, they had seen the convoy a decided it was rich pickings, and the bandits themselves were dressed in furs and arms with guns and crude swords. The soldiers and the Hiigaran Imperials were hit by confusion at first, struggling to get themselves into some kind of order, desperate to protect their emperor

(Yur0, what happens next is up to you, have a bit of freedom!)

Illyrian Empire – Sea Snake
Early one morning, a ship was spotted on the horizon; it had been there for half an hour now and the townsfolk were starting to get curious. Finally a man in his late sixties brought out an old telescope into the street to get a proper look at this ship. A group of men, women and children had gathered, all curious about this one ship. He looked through his telescope…then jumped back as if it was on fire, the poor man was shaking madly and when he finally spoke he only said one word:

“Caldari!” he cried “The ship is from Caldari!”

Several people peered through the telescope and they all saw the same thing, a small ship, probably a scout, with the ugly red flag of Caldari flying over it. It was a small thing really, that ship couldn’t have possibly threatened the town, but it was the fact it was here, a ship of Caldari was here, it didn’t stay long either and left within the hour. But, it seemed that their Garden of Eden had its very own snake.

Kingdom of Vendsyssel – Old Traditions
Many men and women enjoy telling stories of the Vikings, our ancestors, to young children, they loved to here of the Viking’s expeditions into faraway lands; Russia, Iceland, Greenland and North America. One of these children was Alexander Jorgen and he would always enjoy a visit to his grandparent’s home to hear the stories of the Vikings of old. But that was many years ago now, and today he is Captain Jorgen of the Vendsyssel Royal Navy and has come out with a request: he wants to lead an expedition to Africa to set up some colonies there and discover more about the Nile River. But first he requires the backing of his nation and King.

(saying ‘yes’ to this will be -2 to your requisition (after your income from farms is sorted out) and build a transport fleet to use this turn, so you don’t need to wait till the next one to set off!)

World Affairs
The ‘World Affairs’ newspaper is just something for you to look at to catch up on world events, if you don’t have time to read everyone’s posts you can look here to catch up on the lasts news. (However I advise you do look at the diplomatic section at least, you all have alliance requests and alike)

World Affairs

Anglo – Celtic War

After a serious breakdown in diplomacy the Celtic Union has declared war upon the Empire of England, It isn’t clear how a war began so early but we believe that the Celtic Union have simply found a common enemy for themselves. Our reporters in Scotland have told us that the Celtic Union have raised two Conscript Divisions and are eager to fight. If the Empire of England win the war then it will mean the annexation of all Celtic territories, however they only have one division compared to the Celt’s two. But the organization within the Celts is low so it could go either way.

#13 ·
Requisition Subtotal: 3
- Income: +2
- Expenses: -4

National Interest

Industry: Upgrade Provinces 212 and 209 to Farmland. -4 Requisition

Province 212: Sunset Island - Farmland.

Province 211: Scarthmoor - Upgrading to Farmland.

Province 210: Winterreise Victoria - Farmland.

Province 209: Pearl Run - Upgrading to Farmland.

Province 208: Romula - In the midst of rolling countryside has been found a massive, ancient city, completely abandoned and filled with massive monuments and huge temples. The Church has already begun converting these ancient Pagan buildings into Catholic Churches, and the city itself is being repopulated by citizens of Winterreise.

Province 206: Dratveld - Filled with moors and almost constantly drizzling, the outer frontier of Winterreise is not particularly glamorous.

Military Action

1st Infantry Division continue drilling in Province 210.

Expansion and Diplomacy

Colonisation: Begin immediate colonisation of Provinces 204 & 205.

Diplomacy:

"My lord, a certain Deacon Peter Matthews wishes permission to land on Sunset Island, and would like to engage in diplomacy with us," spoke the orderly, shifting his feet awkwardly. Crusader-King Donatus sat upright,

"You mean that other nations have come to us, and our scouts have failed to really find anything of use in all this time?" glared Donatus, angry at being on the back-foot. "Recall the scouts, we shall share maps with these people and engage in diplomacy from there with other nations should they be close enough. In addition, give the Deacon permission to land, and accommodate him and his escort at the Royal Villa in Sunset Island. I shall move there at once to meet with the Deacon."

"My lord, before you go," said the orderly, stammering, "The Darcsen Empire has also sent us a diplomat, they came from where the scouts had been sent, they must have just missed them."

"Very well," said Donatus, "have the diplomats from both nations assemble at the Royal Villa in Sunset Island, and we shall have a round-table conference there to discuss our futures."

1st Round Table Conference called between the Kingdom of Winterreise, represented by the Crusader-King Donatus, and the Religious Republic of Equas and the Darcsen Empire, each represented by their respective diplomat. Conference to be held in Province 212, the Sunset Island, in the Royal Villa.

Not-so-random-event

At last! The Holy Kingdom of Winterreise can finally realise its true potential! New land is being brought under our great wings and industry is booming, the church thanks the grace of God for such a blessing. However, it has come as a shock to our people that not everyone that resides around of nation (or, as of now, in it) is a member of the Catholic Church! In one of our new colonies a large group of Atheists have been discovered! Atheists! Despite the best efforts of local priests these sinners refuse to convert, many of our bishops are crying for blood, Atheist blood.

"This Emergency Papal Meeting, the first to ever take place, has been called to discuss the recent emergence of Atheism in our newest province, Dratveld," said Donatus, clothed in a hooded white gown, sitting at a candle-lit table and surrounded by the highest-ranking Bishops of the Church, "I know many of you would call for the blood of the foul sinners. I know that some of you have tried to convert these pitiful, Godless souls, but that they have resisted." Donatus paused.

"I therefore decree that the Atheists shall be rounded up, and put into the new farms in Scarthmoor. They shall work at the Royal Communal Farms, where there shall be no rest, no respite, little nutrition, and no luxuries of any sort. Priests shall remain at these farms, and will accept any converts at any time, at which point they shall be immediately transferred for rest and recuperation, before being assigned to a caravan to make their way back to their homes, to spread the word of God. If they do not convert, they will die in the farms. We shall work these devilspawn into either submission or death; any disobedience shall be responded to with capital punishment, any blasphemy shall earn them public execution and the damning of their souls. This, as Pope of Winterreise, is the Decree I submit to the Royal Monarch for approval, and as Crusader-King of Winterreise, I approve of the Decree and shall authorise to begin immediately." Donatus paused, allowing the Bishops to take in what he had said. They all nodded, unanimous in their approval of their Monarch's decision.

"Now, let us pray, and then you must all return to Winterreise Victoria whilst I continue my travels to Sunset Island. May God be with us all."

NSRE Result: Atheists in Dratveld will be rounded up and put into harsh communal farms in Scarthmoor; they will be worked to submission into the Catholic Church, or to death as an Atheist. There will be no tolerance for disobedience, and capital punishment may be inflicted for the most meagre of offences.

#14 ·
Subtotal: 3
Income: +2
Expenses: -4
Total:1

National Interest

Industry: Upgrade Province 172 and 178 to farms. -4

Military Action: 1st Artillery division march to Province 179

Expansion and Diplomacy

Expansion: Immediate colonisation of Province 176 and 183.

Diplomacy: Alexander’s plan was simple. It was what Alexander believed to be the best possible way forward for Caledonia. Alexander would ally with as many other nations as possible and allow them to fight each other to the death. And then, when the winner was weakest, Alexander would betray his allies and take the glory for himself. For, unknown to most, Alexander was an insane, evil dictator.

There was a knock on the door and Alexander quickly strode over to it. He pushed open the door to see the familiar face of his brother, Christopher. Alexander smiled and had opened his mouth to speak when suddenly a loud bang filled the room. Alexander’s ears rang as he looked wildly around for the source of the gunshot. He looked at his brother to see if he was injured and was horrified to see a smoking pistol in Christopher’s hand. Alexander then looked and saw the blood stain quickly spreading across his chest. Alexander took a step backwards and fell.

Christopher dropped the discharged pistol and caught his dying brother. He spoke calmly and quietly into his ear.

" Its all over brother. The entire kingdom knows of your plans. They no longer embrace you as their leader and instead look to me for guidance. And I hope that I will make a far better ruler than you. You should never have even thought of betraying allies as they are the most important asset we have in this dark time of war. Now sleep brother, sleep"

Alexander fell still as he was held closely by his brother. Christopher slowly laid down the dead body of his brother and walked to the table. As he unrolled a map Ulaf walked into the room, a bloody sword in his hand. Christopher turned and talked to his friend.

"What of the Bishop, Bizarc?"

"Dead my lord, as promised"

"And the people?

"They love you. Many of them suspected Alexander’s real intentions."

Christopher smiled as he took in that he was now ruler of Caledonia. But he knew his actions may have angered some other nations so quickly sent his diplomats to his possible allies.

Alliance request sent to Izgurka and diplomats sent to all nations asking of possible freindships.

NSRE

Christopher sat down on the tall regal throne that had so recently been the seat of his brother. But no more. Standing before Christopher was his general, Ulaf. His chief scientist, Orvar. And his main advisor, Agmund. The topic that had drawn Agmunds was the share of the border with Izgurka. Christopher trusted his possible ally and so let the border remain mostly unchanged apart from the obvious few defences. But Christopher needed to show his power to his nation so could spend very little time on this matter.

#15 · (Edited)
Requestion Subtotal: 5

-Expenses: -5
-Final Total: 0

Upgrade Province 9 to Farmland: -2 Requestion.
Recruit 2nd Imperial Regiment "BlueBloods" -3 Requestion

National Interest:

Province 10 - Port Dover.
Province 7 - The Emperor's Palace.
Province 8 - East Walkfeyd.
Province 4 - Dragonsbone.

New Province: Province 9 - The Devonian Farmlands: One of the two latest Provinces inducted into the British Empire is the Devonian Farmlands, an area full of rich farming land, where farmers have been sent out to reap crops and farm animals for the greatness of the Empire. Several farmers are well paid for their work, as well as an education scheme being provided for their families, by the decree of the Emperor himself. Things look bright in the Devonian Farmlands, which is set to contain not only the most hard working citizens of the British Empire, but also the most loyal.

New Provinces: Province 5 - Catharidge: The other of the two latest Provinces to be inducted into the British Empire, Catharidge is still in its infancy, any many of it is still patrolled by the First Imperial Regiment, the "Glory Hounds", who are ready for war with the Celtic Union, and are undergoing extra preparation skills whilst they wait for orders that will tell them to attack or wait for the attack. A city in Catharidge, has been recently founded, named Hope, and is quickly becoming a garrison town for the First Regiment. Although it has not been built into a fort as of yet, only time will tell what the Emperor plans for Catharidge. He has recently returned from a tour of the two new Provinces, to boost morale in not only Catharidge, but also the Devonian Farmlands.

Expansion:

Begin immediate colonization of Provinces 3 and 5.

Recruit the 2nd Imperial Regiment, the "BlueBloods", in Province 4, Dragonsbone. Also, move the 1st Imperial Regiment, the "Gloryhounds" from Catharidge (Province 6), to Province 3.

Both Regiments have been preparing for the mountainous terrain by training in Province 5, and are have been given the orders to advance into Province 2 with orders to catch the enemy by surprise. Also, small groups of infiltrators have been deployed behind enemy lines to crush Celtic morale before they can even muster a proper defence, by taking out key leaders, silently without attracting attention. The Army has been ordered to attack the outnumbered Regiment in Province 2, but watch out for attack from Province 13. A small but elite detachment of 2nd Regiment has been ordered to patrol the coasts with eyes open for enemy reinforcements.

Diplomacy and Expansion:

See Not-So-Random Event

All Scouts to stop and fall back a Province towards the Empire, so as to not attract discovery as it would prove to be potentially disastrous if the Empire was discovered whilst already at War. They have been issued orders to keep out of sight of any foreign civilizations at all costs.

Not-So-Random Event:

"Damn," cursed the Emperor of England. He had just heard the report, and things were not looking good. The Celtic Union had rejected his offers of peace and prosperity for both nations. He was positioned in one of the many balconies of his Golden Palace, Looking out across the Empire below, which although was currently peaceful, he knew it would not remain that way for long. He had recruited two regiments to stand against the Celtic Union's own two, which were currently disorganized and vulnerable. He had to seize the initiative now. "Peter," he called, to the nearest aide.

The man named Peter ran up to Mycroft, honoured at being addressed directly. The Emperor made a note to remember everybody's names of course, as it helped a great deal, particularly with those that could still not comprehend the fact that they were working in the same building as him. The Emperor. Legends of his deeds had spread fast throughout the Empire, and had even heard rumours of a cult proclaiming the Emperor's Divinity. That brought a smile to Mycroft's face, earning him an odd look from Peter. They thought that he, Mycroft Northwinson II, was a God? Such a thing was preposterous. He aged like normal humans after all. He was no immortal superhuman, the stuff of legends. Sure, he had taken part in legends. But he was... just a man.

"Yes, My Lord?"

"Is George settled in his Quarters? Did he make it home Alright?" The Emperor responded cautiously.

"Yes, My Lord. Yes he did. Do you want me to fetch him for you?"

"No, that will not be necessary," said the Emperor. "Give him some rest, the old boy has earned it. Also, put the scouts on hold. We do not want other civilizations to discover us when our forces are engaged in battle with the Celtic Union."

"This means, my Lord, we are going to war?"

"Aye, Peter, Aye," responded Mycroft Northwinson II. "We shall illuminate the Celtics. They have slain our men, and in return, we shall show them the true power of the Empire. Two organized regiments against two disorganized ones... I believe the odds may be in our favour, Peter. Especially if I give Generals Sharpe and Carter to take the enemy by surprise. Also, I want infiltrators dispatched behind enemy lines. Spies. Assassins, with orders to weaken the enemy's morale. Send orders to the Generals and get their best Snipers. You know what to do."

"Yes, My Lord."

Peter bowed, and left the room. After Peter had left, two more people entered. Acknowledging both of them, Mycroft spoke first. "Ah. Ser Logan and Ser Alexdran. You got my request, then?"

"Yes, Mycroft," they both responded in unison.

Then it was Ser Logan who spoke. "I am ready to go up North to boost the Morale of our troops. I am prepared to aid Sharpe and Carter in their conquest, with Alexdran at my side."

"Very well," acknowledged Mycroft Northwinson II. "Once you arrive, you can act as the reinforcements for the First and the Second. I have spies sent behind enemy lines to gain key information and take down any High Ranking figures, so I fear that this war shall not last long, as that is the last thing we need."

"Aye," acknowledged Alexdran.

"Then, my friends, you know what to do," the Emperor responded. "We shall make these Celtics wish that they had not decided to cross the might of the British Empire. Are the men prepared for the tough terrain that they will face?"

"Yes. We have had them training for months in the Highlands of Catharidge," responded Alexdran. "They are ready for any sort of attack that these Celts could possibly unleash upon us."

"Excellent," Mycroft smiled. "And, let them know, that after we conquer Northern Scotland, we shall offer the survivors in Northern Ireland one more chance at joining our Empire. Tell them that they will be allowed to keep their customs if they join us."

"It shall be done, Mycroft," bowed Alexdran, and departed. Logan gave a nod, and then followed his friend out of the room.

Mycroft sighed, and decided to prepare for the War that was yet to come.

NSRE: See Military and Naval Actions.

(Threat Level: 3.5 - Not Total War with another Civilization, but war with a smaller, weaker Celtic Union.)

#16 · (Edited)
Requisition Subtotal: 1
Income:+2
Expense:-2
Total:1

National Interest​

Industry: In the name of Heffion the Logical, Province 193 shall become farmland.

Province 193: Jawsinkia: This heavily forested area was once a farming province in the Izgurken Empire, the once-logical people here tore themselves away from Izgurken rule when Catholic prophets corrupted their minds with lies 48 years ago. Thanks to the combination of the Military genius of Lord-General Bronsworth and the Diplomatic skills of Jawsink, this land was easily brought back into the fold of the Motherland and their barbaric beliefs replaced with the truth of Science.It was named in honor of Heffion's domestic adviser, Jawsink, Because of his vital role in regaining this land.

192: Bronsgard: Brought out of the control of Izgurka by the rebellion of Jawsinkia, their connection was cut from the motherland and they took a stance of Isolationism to protect themselves from the Heathen beliefs of their rebellious neighbors. Unlike Jawsinkia,which tried to stand against the Izgurken reclamation forces, Bronsgard welcomed them with open arms, like a child whom finally found their father after being lost for so long. Like Jawsinkia, Bronsworth is heavily forested and would make farming it difficult, thus the Government is waiting a bit before farming it, but settlers have already begun taming it.

Military: The Green Glade Boys shall remain in Green-Glade, although they are craving combat

Two Green-uniformed men sat across from each other, a square game board in between them.

"Check Mate!" A smug looking soldier by the na#e of Vincik said,grabbing a bag jingling with coins up as he said it.

"Damit!" Yelled another man, this one smacking his bald head in clear annoyance,"How in the name of Izgurka do you keep beating me! Are you cheating,Vincik?"

"Why Matic! I am thoroughly shocked and offended you would suggest such a notion!" Vincik declared smugly, clearly enjoying his friend's distress,"I am just smarter then you, I am an engineer, after all!"

"Bah, that don't mean shit! C'mon, I still got money to win back and the regiment ain't moving as far as I know!" Matic said as he reached down towards another bag full of coins and dropping it on the table.

"Well, that is not a long distance." Vincik mumbled to himself before resetting the board.

Expansion and Diplomacy
Expansion: Immediately colonize Provinces 69 and 68.

Heffion woke up that dark,foggy morning with a start as Issac squawked to announce the morning had arrived.

Heffion looked out over the beautiful and ancient city of Manitia, while this would normally give him a strong sense of pride, this time it only signaled another day of dealing with the Nations that had popped up over the years.
Heffion sighed,he had a feeling today would be very interesting.

The Old Lands

"Gentlemen and Ladies, I know you are all curious to know why I have brought you all here today!" Heffion looked around the round, wooden table below him, his own chair towering above them on a elevated platform# Below him his most trusted advisers sat, Lord-General Bronsworth sat across from Adviser Jawsink, the two had been arguing over some Alliance non-sense, he would get to that later. A deathly thin man doning a Green robe with the Symbol of Izgurka emblazed on the chest piece and shoulders was reading over reports while the woman across from him sipped gracefully from a glass filled with wine, they were the Head Scientist and Forgin affairs adviser, Isian Crotex and Markia Voiston.

Not allowing anyone to answer, Heffion continued to speak," The Izgurken Empire once stretched across the land, entire countries trembled at our feet! We were the richest and the greatest! And look at us now, having to deal with rebellion in our own country! Our entire down fall was the result of a single event. The loss of our colonies in Africa. I propose we send a very small collection of boats filled with diplomats to examine the situation in the Old Lands, if the inhabitants prove less-then-polite then the Military forces I send with them shall.....teach them manners."

Everyone of the advisers were stunned,and the sound of broken glass filled the room, for the last 60 years no ruler had ever even suggested...going back to Africa. But as they thought about it more and more and the idea settled in their minds, they saw that they had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

"So, does anyone have any reason why I should not get back what is rightfully ours?" Heffion knew he had them, none of them could possibly resist such a delicious idea.

The next few hours went by in a blur of discussing the minor details of the journey, such as the military composition, the gifts they would bring to any major civilizations encountered, and most importantly, the possible reclaimation of Africa.

Result: Very small fleet sent to the coast of Africa, to see what has become of it in the last couple of years
The Young and the Old

Heffion sat upon his comforting steel throne, looking over the truly surprising document that had been delivered to him not 10 minutes before.

"Well,well,well. This is certainly better then the Non-Conflict pact they sent us!"

"How are we to respond, my Lord?" asked Markia, Heffion had naturally called for his foreign affairs adviser when he got the request for alliance from their,as far as he knew, only neighbors.

"Why is it not obvious? We have a chance to claim a new ally that is not only willing, but at the moment is clay for us to mold! Send a letter to their "President" saying that they can now count the great Izgurkan Empire amongst their allies! To cement this alliance I want 5 crates of Izgurken-Pattern rifles sent as a gift immeadiatly!" Heffion dictated, Markia bowed her head and quickly ran off to fulfill Heffion's orders.

Result: Isgurken/Caledonian Alliance formed, 500 Izgurken Rifles sent as a gift.

"Crops,Guns,and ammo,Oh my!"
Heffion was eating his lunch,a nice Mushroom pot-pie and a nice cup of High-grade tea, and watching the splendid view of the city. After several minutes of peace and quiet, he heard the grand double-doors leading inside open slowly.

"My lord, several ships have docked in Gemcite, it seems that they are traders seeking to buy any wares we have. Shall we do business with them or send them away?" The voice of his Domestic adviser, Jawsink rang out, clearly nervous for interrupting Heffion's lunch.

Heffion sighed, he hated when his lunch was interrupted, he wanted to get this done with so he can return to his tea,"Just sell them say...a few barrels of Green-Glade tea, a handful of crates filled with Izgurken hand-cannons, and several crates of ammo. That should get us a good profit and them something worth-while to sell." Heffion ordered, pleased that he had taken care of the situation so quickly.

Jawsink did not respond, but Heffion assumed he was bowing, and rushed back inside the palace, shouting orders to servants and Trading-guild members alike.

"Ah, now where was I..." Heffion said contently, before going back to his tea sipping.

Result: Trade has been initiated with the merchant fleets, wealth increase

Not so random event​

It has been a long time now, since the workmen put those posters up on the walls of our buildings, now we have the symbol of Izgurka watching over us, controlling us. It is omnipresent, all over you can see it; in shot windows, branded on toys, taught in schools, the uniforms of the proud green soldiers that march the streets. The Government called it ‘National Identity’ to ‘Remind the world who we are’ but for the rebels it was a sign, a signal to start their own campaign. Word came from the spies; an uprising was being planned for Manitia, and it would begin very soon. It would be held outside Heffin’s presidential mansion, the information was confused in places but it seemed very clear that the rebels would be armed. We have two clear choices, strike now or prepare for the uprising. Attacking them now could mean a lot of the resistance would escape and possibly regroup, but waiting could threaten the life of our most important politicians, and even, Heffin.

The Great Heffion the Logical, Lord of Progress and Science, looked down upon his four main advisers, he had assembled them all here to discuss a very important topic.

The Resistance was on the move.

"My lord, I think we should crush these fools under the full weight of our Military might! An act of Military strength is sure to revive faith in the population!" Lord-General Bronsworth declared in his usual flamboyant manner.

"Neigh, what we should do is prepare a trap for them! When they arrive in the city we can divide them and destroy them!" Jarsink said, before stuffing his face with mini-cakes.

Heffion considered both their ideas, both were fairly good and promised similar results, but he had a far safer and efficient plan, it would also make the rebels paranoid...

"Hennald,You can come out of the shadows now." As He said this, a Tall man with a dark green trench-coat emerged from a shady corner in the room, a long brim hat covering his left eye and an eye-patch concealing his right.

"Yes, ma Lord? What do ya need of me?" Hennald asked in his gruff accent.

"Remember those spys you implanted in the Resistance ranks? I want every one of them to be given an obscene amount of bombs and I need you to order them to blow up each and every Rebel hide-out and store-house, any and all property damage shall be blamed on the Resistance and payed for by the state with tax money. When this is finished I want the spys to gather any surviving forces in one place to discuss what there next move shall be." Heffion paused for but a second and looked around to gauge his adviser's reaction, Bronsworth and Jarsink both seemed satisfied by the idea so far, while Isian and Markia were simply listening with interest.

Nodding to himself,he continued," And when we have them all in one place...well, the Green-Glade Boys will finally get some real targets to practice on!"

Hennald grinned and laughed in response to Bannik's plan, or at least he thought he was grining, damn coat's collar covered his lower face, but he was definitely laughing!

"Ah like the way you think mah lord! Ya can't go wrong with a shit-load of bombs! Ah will get right on it!" Hennald laughed out before hurrying out the door, off to distribute the explosions to the Izgurken spys.

"Well, my friends, now all we have to do is wait!" Heffion said, walking up and collapsing in his chair as he did so," I don't know about you lot, but I could really use some tea right about now."

Result: All spys have been given orders to blow up all Resistance owned buildings, the survivors will be rounded up and blown to bits by artillery-armed soldiers.

#17 · (Edited)
National Interest

Subtotal: 2
Income: +4
Expenses: -5

Upgrade Province 97 to Farmland and Upgrade Farmland in Province 90 to Railroad.

Military Action

Vessel chartered by His Highness Emperor Oda Nokubura runs aground at Province 98. The party continues their journey via land.

Expansion and Diplomacy

Colonize Provinces 86 and 87.

Yoshu sat rubbing his temples, not for the first time most un-envious of the Emperor's many duties which came with the responsiblitiy of running a nation such as Hiigara. He had been placed in temporary charge of the Emperor's position shortly before he had made his departure, and events were happenning rapidly; the diplomatic envoys from Hiigara were begginning to arrive at some of the nations throughout the world, including the Empire of the English, a diplomatic expedition which brought an official decree from the Hiigaran parliament denouncing the Celtic Union's recent barbaric uprising and slaughtering of peaceful negotiators, and the Winterresie Kingdom, each of the diplomatic teams bearing offerings of non-aggression pacts and peace, with the goal of establishing proper relations for future agreements. Isamu sat oppossite, as always the scout, ever since the two of them had fought in Nokubura's army, now he was officially in charge of organising the scouting parties that had first identified the over nations and were, even now, in the process of mapping newly discovered regions.
"The scouts are doing exceptionally well Yoshu, they are blown forward by a divine wind and are discovering civilizations as diverse and strange as can be imagined!" Isamu took great pride in his personally trained men, and saw their achievments as a father might a son's.
"Excellent! What of Naomi's party, still trying to be the first are they?" Yoshu felt the poorly hidden edges of a smile edging onto his face as he considered the young woman's prediction before she had set off with her party of scouts, daring any of her compatriots to travel farther and faster than her. Isamu couldn't help but chuckle before replying, "Her latest letters and reports have been largely filled with youthful optimism and tales of the lands...In addition to a healthy sum of boasting of course."
"Where are they now?"
Isamu glanced briefly down at the reports he held in his hands, sifting through the first few until he came across the one he sought, "After they discovered the Winterreise Kingdom, described by herself as "A land where the Churches outnumber the people", the headed in a somewhat North-Easterly direction, I do beleive that in her most recent report she mentioned encountering the polar opposite of that kingdom, a land in which religion is shunned and in which science is worshipped instead."
Yoshu leaned back in his chair, whistling to himself as he did so, true, he did feel somewhat jealous of Naomi and the other young scouts who were pushing the frontier, but men like Isamu and he were no longer as fit as they once were, although he'll never admit it, especially to Naomi.
"Such extremism across the continent! We do have much to learn do we not? Here old friend," Yoshu leaned across the table pouring wine glasses for each of the two before raising for a toast, "to the Emperor and his eventual triumph, and to your scouts who brave the unknown!"

Yoshu drained the glass in a single gulp before begging his leave, the Illyrian ambassador had just arrived, and it had truly been too long since Hiigara had seen its new friends from across the sea. Although, it was a shame that the Emperor was not there in person to welcome them with the proper traditional ceremonies, alass Yoshu would make do, and the Illyrians would not mind. For not the first time since his departure, Yoshu felt a moment of worry for the Emperor, and prayed that he would arrive home safe.

Colonize Provinces 86 and 87. Embassy from Illyria established. Ambassadors arriving/sent to the Kingdom of Winterreise and the English Empire, along with a public denouncing of the Celtic Union's pointless slaughter of negotiators and their escorts, news which has travelled fast across the continent.

Not-So-Random-Event

The Empire of Hiigara – Road kill
The Emperor of Hiigara, Oda Nokubura had been travelling to speak with the leaders of the Republic of Equas, but his ship had hit a rock and was being forced to make the rest of the journey by foot, well, by carriage. The convoy had been making lot of good progress that was until they heard the sounds of hooves.
The soldiers had seen it first, a great cloud of dust gathering in the distance, nobody was sure what it was at first but when it got close the danger became clear. It was a company of wild bandits, they had seen the convoy a decided it was rich pickings, and the bandits themselves were dressed in furs and arms with guns and crude swords. The soldiers and the Hiigaran Imperials were hit by confusion at first, struggling to get themselves into some kind of order, desperate to protect their emperor...
(Ellipses added for dramatic effect :D )

The journey had gone from worse to worst; first they had run aground in unexpected shallow waters near the coast, and had been forced to continue on land. Each of the challenges had been met and risen to with determination and dedication fit for duty beneath the great Emperor, and yet the ominous dust cloud that emerged on the horizon warned of an even greater threat, one which sank in Hiigaran Imperial Hiroshi's stomach like a stone. The scouts had first identified the bandits and had returned with the dreaded, but expected, news, and Hiroshi set about preparing for the coming conflict. He had fought in the reunification wars oh so long ago, he had been merely a child when then Shogun Nokubura walked into his village, calling upon men to join his army and free Hiigara from constant war. Hiroshi had been one of the first, and was one of the last to finally accept that the army was being disbanded and the soldiers were being returned to civilian life; he would gladly lay down his life in this fight, at the feet of the emperor there would be no greater honour, and Hiroshi feared that it would come to that, his men were driven and also willing to die, yet they were still frightenned, Hiigara as of yet had no army, no trained proffessional soldiers and had not seen war for decades, these children had not yet been forged in the fires of battle.
"Men! Form a defensive ring around the Emperor's carriage and I want a rapid pace set as quickly as possible!" Hiroshi's only hope was to get the Emperor away safetly, then he and his men would hold off the barbarians for as long as need be.
"No Hiroshi." The Imperial turned around where he stood to find the Emperor dismounting from his private carriage, an ancient suit of armour donned, and a cold, calculating look in his eyes.
"My lord, please-" Nokubura stopped all arguements with a flick of his outstretched palm, "Hirsohi, we are fellow soldiers now on the battlefield. I became emperor in bloodshed and war, by the gods would I allow it to be said that the mighty Nokubura perished without his hands on a weapon and a dozen bullets piercing his flesh, or surrounded in his chambers by his loyal subjects. My rifle brother, if you please."
Hiroshi relented and relinquished one of the spare rifles to the Emperor's hand, he knew that he should've ordered his leader back to the relative safety of his carriage, but inside him he felt such an overwhelming emotion to once again fight beside the emperor,
"Hiroshi, of all the men here, only five, including we, have seen proper combat, and three of those five have only seen it at sea. These soldiers are willing to die bravely, but we must command them so as to not waste their precious lives." Hiroshi felt tears dropping from his eyes as the Emperor once more took the reigns of an army, damn how small it may be. "I learnt a tactic from one of the Generals from across the sea, have the men circle the carriages and wagons around us, this will restrict the use of the enemy's horses whilst giving us cover with which to fire from. They beleive they have come across a somewhat large and vulnerable merchant caravan, when they attack, they will not be expecting to be met with any actual resistanse, it is this first strike that will buy us a chance." Nokubura called two of the scouts who were busy distributing ammunition, "Soldiers, I need you to take however many horses you need to continue to our destination, by the charts at our disposal, this Province is near to the border of the Republic, if not already within it, find a village and you will find aid; we can hold off these barbarians and send them away, they will have no stomach for a costly battle which will yield little profit, but we will have wounded and they will need medical attention." The scouts saluted their leader and and ran to their horses.

The first shots and cries dissappeared into the distance as the scouts raced away from the battle, they had seen the first volley from the hidden Hiigarans in their defensive formation claim countless barbarians, and they saw the horde falter as they took losses, Ryo's heart had swelled as the Emperor rose the flag of Hiigara tall above the men, announcing to all that this would be no mere raid. Eventually even the flashes of the rifles vanished over the horizon, yet still they rode on, but the road became more solid beneath their mounts' hooves and signs recently placed signaled a nearby settlement.
The horsemen drew stares from the locals in their strange attire and unknown flag waving from their packs, yet they did not slow, racing at full gallop to the apparent center of governance before Ryo dismounted and called to all who would hear: "We are scouts of his majesty Emperor Oda Nokubura of the Empire of Hiigara, who wishes to meet with representatives of the Republic of Equas; but we have been attacked by bandits and request immediate assistance, in the name of good faith between fellow civilized nations I beseech you!" Ryo waited in the sudden silence, urging for the haste of the locals in responding, time was of the essence.

Emperor Nokubura takes charge of the battle and utilizes new defensive tactics to even the odds, aiming to make the battle too costly to be practical for the roaming barbarians that depended upon their warriors to survive to prey upon vulnerable caravans rather than a military escort. Advanced scouts make contact with a town believed to be of the Republic of Equas and ask for assistance.

#18 ·
- Income: +2
- Expenses: -2

National Interest:
Industry: None

Military: Spend 2 Requistion on NSRE, to instantly gain a transport fleet.

Movement of Armies and Fleets:
Move transport fleet to the Gulf of Finland.

Expansion and Diplomacy and NSRE:
Alexander Jorgen Captain of the proud ship Dannebrog was looking upon the shores of the Baltic Countries. It had once been lands under the flag of Vendsyssel. In his heart he yearned to travel to the far away nations of Africa and organise expeditions down the fabled Nile river, where it was told beauty and treasures would be in abundant supply. When he had presented his plan to the King, he had experienced a man who had listened intently and had asked a lot of questions.
Quite a lot of men that had been presented with Alenxanders plan, had laughed at said that it would be too expensive for the nation to provide such support that he required. But somewhat to Alexander's surprise the King had said yes.

Thou there had been conditions to meet, before he could depart on his expedition, he was to support a colonisation effort in Estonia, it had been centuries since that land had been part of the nation, but it had sought protection from its neighbouring states, all of which was quite aggressive in nature. There was also rumours that some boyars of the russian states was talking about unifying there nation under one Tzar, something the Estonians wasn't to keen to be a part of. The Kings of Vendsyssel had quite astute kept good relations to the Estonian nation, even after they had acquired there independence. The nation provided excellent possibility for trade with the nations of the Russian steppes, and guarded the access to the rivers that ran deep into the russian lands.

So here was Captain Alexander and his fleet, moving in with dignitaries that was to oversee the annexation of Estonia. A couple of thousand soldiers from the 1st royal guard infantery battalion. To oversee security and stability of the nation, and train the obsolete militia of the nation. And of course settlers, that wanted to try something new or just try there luck away from the safe habours of Vendsyssel.

Colonisation:
Colonisation of Province 57 and 78

Province 57: Estonia. A province that have stayed ahead of its neighbouring states, by being the access way into russia and its wealth in furs, minerals and other trade goods. Having kept good relations with the Kingdom of Vendsyssel, have seen the nation survive several wars over the centuries after it gained its independence. Thou it was not a golden age back when it was a part of the Kingdom of Vendsyssel, the nations ruler and nobility have come to the conclusion that it is safer once again to be a part of the Kingdom, with its neighbouring states becoming more aggressive and the unconfirmed rumours of a emerging russian state to the east.

Province 78: Nederland. King Andrew had not dreamed about how easy it had been to make Nederland a part of the Kingdom. Its aging King and his wife had been invited to Vendsyssel on talks about possible alliance, thou Andrew was wishing for making the province a part of the Kingdom.

A few weeks into the talks which hadn't really provided any results, Andrew had invited the old King to watch the Departure of Captain Alexanders fleet towards Estonia and the embarkation of the soldiers of the 1st Royal Guard. There had during the talks been thrown a few light hearted threats back and forth between the parties, but when the King of Nederland saw the fleet and the professional soldiers King Andrew commanded, he realised that the threats he had heard, could very well be realised and that Andrew could easily take Nederland by force. It was too much for the old mans heart, and he suffered and died of a heart attack.
The old King had not produced any heirs, even thou he had been marriaged several times, so the old kings wife was in fact the countries new queen and ruler. Known to Andrew the Nederland queen and his own brother Prince Peter, had been flirting since they had met, and had started a almost secret affair.

A marriage between the two had quickly been arranged, and the nobility of Nederland had through various sources become aware of the military might of Vendsyssel, so they supported the marriage and there new affiliation with Vendsyssel.

Diplomacy:
King Andrew sat in his office reading the reports from the captains of the merchant fleets that had been sent to the neighbouring powers. All of them had allowed for trade, various goods had been bought and sold, and there was no doubt that the captains was pleased by the profits they were going to make.

Expecially the merchant fleet that had been to Izgurka had been delighted, thou the trade had been dictated by its ruler, they had gained several crates of high quality tea and hand canons. As a show of gratitude the captains of the merchant fleets had sent a crate of the tea. They had allready set sail for the English isles, to sell there wares. Andrew was not surprised by this, the high quality tea would probably fetch a high prize on the english market, and the Celtic Union would probably pay well for any weaponry they could get there hands on. And the taxes of those trades would be welcome in the covers of the Vendsyssel treasury.

Andrew sat back in his chair starting to contemplate how he should proceed when it came to these new nations. He decided to talk with his wife about this, she had a knack for diplomacy and looking at the problems from a slightly different perspective. As he was about to leave the office, a aide came forward with a new letter from the govenor of the port town of Aarhus. It seemed diplomats of the Illyrian nation had come ashore wishing to speak with the King of Vendsyssel. Andrew wrote a return letter to the governor to entertain there guests for a few days, while he and his wife would prepare a reception dinner at the Kings Castle in Skanderborg. The governor was to show the diplomats around, but also give them free reign. But he should keep an eye on them to see what intelligence they would try and gather in the darker hours of the day and what pleasures they would seek when alone and unattended.

Diplomatic actions: Allow the merchant fleets to continue trading with the neighbouring nations. Will not dissuade independent merchants to profit from the war on the english isles, selling weapons to the beleaguered celtic people. Keeping wealth flowing into the kingdom.
Will meet with the Illyrian delegation to hear what they have to say, and assure them that the Kingdom of Vendsyssel is seeking opportunities at different areas of the world, away from the Illyrian nation. And that the Kingdom of Vendsyssel would agree to a trading pact, if the Illyrian commander so wishes. Using my experiences with this diplomatic meeting to gather a handful of diplomatic delegations, to be sent out into the world the following turn.

Not-so-random events:
Kingdom of Vendsyssel – Old Traditions
Many men and women enjoy telling stories of the Vikings, our ancestors, to young children, they loved to here of the Viking’s expeditions into faraway lands; Russia, Iceland, Greenland and North America. One of these children was Alexander Jorgen and he would always enjoy a visit to his grandparent’s home to hear the stories of the Vikings of old. But that was many years ago now, and today he is Captain Jorgen of the Vendsyssel Royal Navy and has come out with a request: he wants to lead an expedition to Africa to set up some colonies there and discover more about the Nile River. But first he requires the backing of his nation and King.

The talks with Captain Alexander Jorgen had been very interesting for King Andrew, thou many of his advisors and ministers had spoken against supporting this wild notion of exploring far away nations, King Andrew could not shake the feeling it was a opportunity he had to seize. Outfitting a fleet with high quality cannons and rebuild some ships for transporting people and troops for long journeys, would be expensive, taking funding from development of infrastructure, Andrew could imagine the possibilities. But he also needed to know if this Captain could actually lead a fleet and colonise far away lands. So the King had come up with a plan, first Captain Alexander would support colonisation of Estonia which had contacted Andrew about this several months before, but at the time King Andrew had not the necessary ressources to provide the help Estonia needed, now he had a fleet and a national army. The time it would take to colonise Estonia would give the Kingdom time to raise the 1st Vendsyssel expeditionary infantery battelion, to support the settlers and fleet when they set sail for Africa.
It would also give time for the King to convince adventurous merchants and merchant captains, to sail together with Captain Jorgen and his fleet for added protection for trade opportunities in far away countries. There would even be a 15% tax reduction, for any captain or merchant that could reestablish some of the ancient trade routes with precious gemstones, silk, spices and herbs from the far east, which was rumoured came through some of the african and middleeast nations.

NSRE action:
Create the Transport fleet commanded by Captain Alexander Jorgen. Official name pending. Using it to colonise Estonia(Province 57) before sending it off to Africa, hopefully with a infantery Battalion that I can afford next turn. Will look for experienced and adventurous officers to lead that Battalion, supported by willing and well trained junior officers from the military academies. Also announce the nations interest in the future of the expedition, and that any merchant vessel of the kingdom, able to follow the fleet will be allowed to sail with them. In exhange for helping transporting, soldiers, supplies, colonist and dignitaries, they will be granted exclusive rights to any trade arrangements they negotiate, and the state will reduce tax on those trades with 15%

#19 ·
Requisition-2
Gained-2
Spent-4
Total-0

Industry: Ekos (152) and Gallipoli (148) upgrade into farms.

Military: None taken.

Expansion: expand into 155 and 154

Diplomacy:

A smile graced Konrad’s face as he read the letters from his ambassadors. Winterreise had called a conference to discuss diplomatic matters be them as well as the Republic of Equas. With any luck they could walk away with not one but two allies. Such a matter would require an able diplomat. Boyar Michal Andras was a young but highly capable man, what’s more he was among the new nobles, those with open minds that could see the new future they were building. Michal would be the ideal voice for the Empire at this conference.

Similarly the news from Caledonia was just as good. The nation had outright accepted the offer of an alliance. It would take time and more negotiations before they would be ready to sign a proper treaty but those would be fairly routine and bureaucratic discussions. He had no doubt that within a few weeks they’d be signing an official treaty.

Sent Boyar Michal Andras to represent the Darcsen Empire at Winterreise’s Round Table Conference. Accept alliance with Caledonia.

NSRE:

A man in a long black coat walked down the streets of Japrantia, the largest city in the province of Albania, no less than a month ago some Albanian Nationalists had staged an uprising here. The garrison here had put it down but the townspeople were still feeling the effects, almost everywhere you went there was a broken banner, a spent cartridge or rubbish on the streets. The man in the coat ignored that though, he had a job to do. In one pocket he carried a seal envelope and in the other, a loaded revolver. As he turned a corner the man could see another man like him, dressed in a long black coat, the obvious bulge of a gun in his coat pocket too. As they met they exchanged no words, but the first man simply passed the envelope to the other and they were off. When the second man reached his destination he would open it, it would be foolish to look now.

Voivode Konrad Siegfried Vykos was sitting in his stately home in the province of Albania, enjoying a good smoke when one of his aides, Dieter rushed through the door.

“By god man!” an angered Konrad yelled “can you knock?”
Dieter was panting, obviously he had been running “My lord…so sorry…we just got the latest report…from our spies”

“Well what is it that you need to come barging in?”

“Sir, one of generals…is a traitor…he has been working with the Albanians, someone right at the top of the food chain, one of your personal advisors…”

Konrad paced across his study, seething in a barely contained rage. General Stepanovich Koniev, one of his military advisers was a traitor. There was a traitor inside his own inner circle, a traitor among those he trusted the most. However he would not let his anger get the better of him. Koniev would pay for his crimes but not before they learned everything they could about these insurgents. “Arrest him and his staff. Do it quietly,” he instructed, mentally calming himself down. “I do not want word of this to get out.”

Dieter silently nodded his head. To betray the Empire was a serious crime, punishable by death. That a respected office would do so was even worse. If word got out at his defection the damage to the military’s moral would be damaging. “Interrogate him and his staff, search his office and his home. I want answers, I want to know who he’s working with,” Konrad continued, turning to his desk.

“Shall we use heavier methods when we’re questioning him sir?” Dieter solemnly asked.

“No, not at first anyway,” the Voivode said from behind his desk. “If he is too stubborn than yes but I want him alive to be judged for his crimes alongside all the others who would dare seek to tear apart this nation.”

“Yes sir.”

#20 ·
Carried Over Requisition= 2
Earned= 4
Total=6

National Interest

Build Farm in province 134 (2 req)
Upgrade to railroad in province 124 (3 req)

“So did the favoured son of heaven once more grant boons upon the agrarians whilst ushering in a new age, commissioning the first railroad in Akkad. Truly these are blessed times to live in.”

A throng of nobles, and courtiers wearing their finest, most vibrant attire jostled one another on the packed platform, looking like nothing so much as competing peacocks. They attended no ball or feast though, no they instead were here to witness Akkad stride into the future and clap politely if called upon to.

At the centre of attention was Sargon himself, surrounded by a cordon of bodyguards. The glowering brutes were huge, oiled muscles gleaming nearly as bright as the polished steel of their massive, two handed sabres. Each was counted blessed to attend upon the divine personage of Sargon at all times, and were of course castrated to prevent any scandal in the royal harem.

Sargon himself was most pleased to see his latest indulgence unveiled. Before the crowd of notables stood a beast of wrought iron and brass, a monstrous machine of steam and thunder. The great locomotive, christened the Desert Stallion, was the first of its kind in the empire. Swifter than the faster horse and stronger than the greatest ox this iron contraption and others of its ilk would soon race across the land, propelling Akkad into the future.

Expansion and Diplomacy

Colonise provinces 126, 136.

“The children of Akkad did populate the lands, bringing life and civilisation where once there was none”.

Embassy and trading mission sent to the United States of Caledonia

“Divine Sargon did deem it wise to greet the neighbours of Akkad. Strangers though they were there was much ancient Akkad could offer these new peoples. A hundred Arabian stallion were sent as gifts, from one brother-ruler to another".

Emissary Martub, stood in the foyer, awaiting the President’s pleasure. These people of Caledonia were strange he thought, with wildly different customs and standards of dress. Martub had nearly caused a diplomatic incident after horsewhipping a commoner who dared to touch him. Apparently the Caledonian’s had some very strange and ‘progressive’ ideas about the hereditary rights of the nobility.

What most disquieted Martub however was the rumours of the old president’s deposition. It was said that his brother had taken the presidency. Akkad did not overly care who led this nation however, whoever sat in office would hear the words of Great Sargon.

NSRE

“Sargon was a wise ruler, as clever as the desert fox. He knew to force religion upon the savages would promote discord and rebellion. Such an outcome was unacceptable and threatened the peace of Akkad. So was the carrot used rather than the stick.”

Sargon embarks on a policy of peaceful conversion. Colonists are sent to settle the lands and live alongside the tribesmen, influencing their culture and intermarrying. Useful structures such as roads, aqueducts, mills and granaries are built, proving to the tribes the benefits of being Akkadian. Imperial temples and priests are introduced alongside such construction projects. The local elites; chieftains and shaman are showered with gifts and made to feel a part of Akkadian nobility. They are influenced to take up Akkadian customs, methods of dress and religion. Their sons and daughters are hosted in the capital to learn Akkadian values and return to their people full of good will for Sargon and willing to promote Akkadian ways.

Requisition update

Initial=6
Spent=5
Left over= 1.

#21 · (Edited)
strating RP=6
+ income (2)
total = 8

colonize 21 -22

build;
farm 16 - 19
port 14
total cost = 6

Remaining RP = 2

NSRE

Bloody chaos. That's the only thought he could think of to describe this so called defense meeting. Everyone was arguing and a few were moving towards conscription forces. Much good that will do us, Rowley thought. Luckily Mclanahan agreed with reason and went to mention how a single force of soldiers could easily decimate a force of civilians told to fight.
Still the threat was easily seen and felt through out the colony. We were no longer hidden. Everyone felt on edge at the very least.
" The production of the farms will continue." Mclanahan stated breaking the all constant chatter. "We need the supplies to maintain and grow, already we have used up a large portion of our own supplies to expand dramatically. However, we still do not even have a single force, and now with the caldari here we have a serious situation. Michal, options".
As the young diplomat cleared his throat the fact he was nervous was obvious he was a little paler than you would expect a ghost to be, but the fact he didn't shudder gave Rowley a little confidence in him. "We could aim to form pacts with our neighboring nations. I have received reports that both of our first embassies were put up, and that the Higarans gave us charts showing routes we can use to communicate with them easily." he finished
" If I may my lords." Rowley spoke getting a dozen spiteful glances from others, after all he was one of the few military personal present, due to how diplomacy was the main focus of the meeting. "I suggest constructing a navy. Of course we need a port first, let alone the military hardware, but from it we can increase our influence, growth and give the people more confidence then perhaps later build an infantry force to back up our athority. As well as stop a mass panic." He quickly added
"very reasonable I'll look into Mr..." Mclanahan spoke.
"lieutenant Rowley of the 3rd colonial divisions mi lord." Rowley half stumbled out
"very good. Now to all of you the meeting is adjourned." Mclanahan said before turning and steadily departing.

Diplomacy;

The papers of claim sent to all nation
( paper practically declaring sectors 17 - 18 - 23 - 24 - 26 - 27 - 28 as part of the Illyrian empire. Although there is no force stopping other nations from taking them, as a nation Illyrian will see capture of these lands as an aggressive action and will be dealt with depending on relationship with the nation(s) and current timing)

(OOC - updating the RP area. Put this up so I won't affect others and RP can continue.)

#22 · (Edited)
Requisition: 1
Income: 2
Expenses: -2

National Interest

Industry: Upgrade province 105 to Farmland

Military: First Equastrian Infantry

Province 106: Sivernam - Port construction completed

Province 107: Elleram - Farm construction competed

Province 105: Wiverna - N/A

Province 104: Kierra - Farm construction completed

Province 98: Vishua - Recently colonised by the Equastrians, a few small settlements have been established, but no serious habitation is yet constructed.

Province 99: Kisarm - A few settlements were established before the outbreak of a Cholera epidemic.

Military Action

1st United Regiment

Colonel Samuel Mathers sighed and pulled another sheet of paper towards him, he dipped the pen in the inkwell and paused for a moment before writing.

For the attention of the Ministers of the Republic of Equas

Before he could get any further he heard the clatter of hooves outside the town hall. Followed by a shout, "We are scouts of his majesty Emperor Oda Nokubura of the Empire of Hiigara, who wishes to meet with representatives of the Republic of Equas; but we have been attacked by bandits and request immediate assistance, in the name of good faith between fellow civilized nations I beseech you!"

Mathers started, then heaved himself out of his chair with a groan and reached for his cane, a long, ebony stick that he leant heavily on as he made his way to the balcony that overlooked the town square. He was in uniform, a high collared, sand coloured jacket and brown breeches, he was wearing soft leather riding boots though he had left his hat on the desk.

He leant heavily on the balustrade, looking down to see the men in the centre of the square, mounted on panting, sweating horses. They were strangely armoured but had the look of trained men, even if they did seem young and inexperienced. Mathers himself was a 60 year old veteran, he'd fought in the wars of independance and knew his way about a battlefield. They seemed sincere, and there were only few of them, he didn't like to think he would be sending his men into an ambush but these soldiers were not natives. He argued with himself internally, then slapped the balustrade in decision, he turned back inside the hall, shouting out to his aide.

"John, get Captain Gerard, he's to take a hundred cavalry men and follow the horsemen back to where they came from, tell him to be careful, I'm not sure I trust them yet. Then get Major Frederick, I want three hundred men ready to leave in fifteen minutes, I want them fresh. Those horses are exhausted, oh, get them replacements and stable theirs too."

John had stood frozen trying to take in the sudden and rapid stream of orders. He paused for a second then nodded, rushing out of the room to distribute those orders, within five minutes Gerard was already heading a column of horseman out of the yard, the remounted scouts at the head of the column with him. There was shouting as the infantry was turfed out of the canteen, their lunch cut short by the bellowing of their Sergeants.

Mathers came out into the yard where John already had his horse ready. His aide was looking at him with a disapproving expression. "Yes John, I know you don't want me to go out with them, it's too low a task for a colonel and all that, but when have I ever listened. At least you got my horse ready this time."

He mounted despite his aide's grumblings, wincing as he swung his leg over the horse. He rode out to the front of the newly assembled column of infantry. "Major, I will take it from here, I want the rest of the regiment in readiness should we require more men, sorry to take over like this."

Frederick smiled with genial frustration, the Colonel had a habit of this, but nonetheless he touched his hand to his hat, "yes sir."

Mathers looked down to the Sergeant-Major just behind his horse, "at the double please Sergeant-Major."

He turned back and kicked his horse into a trot as the Sergeants along the file bellowed out. Harrying the men along as they began to march from the town. He only hoped they wouldn't be too late.

Expansion and Diplomacy

Expansion: Colonisation of provinces 102 and 109

Diplomacy:

"At last, I am glad we have finally been able to land, the Lord may have created the sea and the sky but in his great wisdom he also saw fit to make the first the most uncomfortable environment on this great earth."

He was still faintly green, and leaned heavily back on the chair in the villa that had been provided for their accomodation. Not that they had been at sea for any great length of time, but Deacon Matthews suffered from acute seasickness, and the short voyage had seemed interminable. He sighed, looking around at the rest of the delegation, mostly lower ranking priests and the like.

Peter Matthews was a tall, young man, his skin tanned and weather beaten and his hair bleached by the sun. Surprisingly sharp green eyes watched from beneath hooded lids and frown lines furrow his brow. He is an able diplomat, polite, but firm when he needs to be, and trusted to make serious decisions in his nations interests, within reason of course.

"Still at least we can establish some sort of relationship with the King... Donatus von Blacke, they do not seem a nation we would want to offend, despite their... rather quaint method of war. Certainly this seems a rather pleasant area at first site."

Offers of friendship and possible trading agreements extended to Winterreise, alliance is still in preparation, but Matthews is cautious, not wanting to offend the people or King of Winterreise.

Scouts sent east to the Akkadian Empire, ending at 120.

NSRE
Colonial Epidemic:
It has come to our attention that one of our new colonies (province 99) has a had a serious outbreak of cholera and many of our plans to colonise the region have been postponed, (of course, ministers still recognise the region as our territory) but the people there are begging for our help to clean up the disease. However a lot of the richer, more important people within our government don’t want to risk it, because they fear that it could spread to one of our core provinces and threaten production there. They also seem to believe that our doctors can’t do it; despite our modern equipment cholera has always been a tough nut to crack.

Kisarm is quarantined immediately, while a group of volunteer priests, monks and nuns, together with three doctors being paid handsomely for their services are sent into the affected areas. The priests begin work, using still healthy colonists to provide fresh drinking water, uncontaminated by outside sources, digging fresh wells and diverting streams. The doctors, monks and nuns do their best for the affected patients, saving a few, but mostly all they can do is make them comfortable. Modern medicine is not quite up to tackling cholera.

#23 · (Edited)
Turn Three

January 1851, to June 1851

Not-so-random events:

The Holy Kingdom of Winterreise – Penal Colonies

David Fern, a farmer living in Scarthmoor knelt down to his son, “listen ma’ boy, you stay away from those farms, the one with the soldiers, alright?” His small child looked up at his father.
“Why daddy?” he asked, the big man put a hand on the child’s shoulder, “just stay away son, just stay away”
Although things have been going spectacularly well in our new Royal Communal Farms (nicknamed ‘sinner pits’ by the soldiers working there) Maj. Urgola, the officer in charge of the camps is somewhat worried.
“It’s only a matter of time before a local stumbles upon these camps, only last week I arrested a man for getting too close to the perimeter. However, I have a solution; just safe of the Hiigaran Empire are a group of small islands (214) they would make a perfect spot for the sinner- erm, Royal communal farms! The Hiigaran Empire has a lot of influence in that area so we could draw up a treaty allowing us to inherit the islands! They would be a sort of penal colony, and I’d have just about every sinner in the country shipped there not just the dammed Atheists!”
Akkadian Empire – Ashes of an Empire
While setting up a true Akkadain Community in one of our newest colonies a huge statue, at least 50f tall was discovered, hidden within an overgrown valley, archaeologists spent hours examining this wonder but finally reported in with their findings:
“The statue, I seems, is that of an ancient empire which was around roughly 2500-3000 years ago. The statue is that of the empire’s leaders: The Kijj, which is the only recorded name for the empire’s leaders. It was said that the said empire, nicknamed by our team the Kijjian Empire, spanned all across Europe and most of the Middle East. We’ve found artefacts of this empire before, however none have given as much detail as this one. So the final question must be asked: what should we do with it?”

The Realm of Izgurka – Golden Shores

Captain Jallick of the Izgurkan Navy, looked out from his small recon vessel towards the golden shores of Africa, they looked almost unchanged from the old paintings he had studied of old Izgurkan Colonies. This whole continent seemed like a dream land now, mentioned only in the tales of the old.

From what he and his crew had discovered the North of Africa had only one major nation, a religious-based republic of sorts that went by the name Equas. Other than that the entirety of North Africa seemed ripe for the picking, if Izgurka dared to return.

“Ok lads, our job is done here, set course for the Realm of Izgurka”

The Empire of England – Weapons of War

Many people are feeling very optimistic about the war, those Celts armed with nothing but axes, swords and old rifles are nothing compared to the red fury of England! However it would appear that other countries, despite the pointless murder of three soldiers at a diplomatic meeting are still selling them weapons! Now we’re facing Celts with modern weapons! How could they sell weapons to them after the crimes they committed! Something must be done about these dishonourable nations; this is not just a matter of actual combat, more a matter of moral choices.

The United States of Caledonia – “Under new management”

With the death of Alexander and the naming of his brother, Christopher, as the new leader of Caledonia many citizens, both higher and lower class are wary of his intentions. Only last week did many take to the streets and begin a protest against the new president; calling him a murderer, lair and a fiend.
It’s time something was done to show the people that you are the best thing that ever happened to them!
(try to do more than four lines this time Romero! :D)

The Kingdom of Vendsyssel – Convicts

The nearby realm of Izgurka appears to have been having some troubles with rebel factions recently and one of our constables recently discovered some of these rebels have been hiding within our borders! While this issue could be sorted out quickly and everyone could enjoy a relaxing evening for once someone suggested that we should not reveal their locations. They say that the said rebels have committed crimes against the law of our kingdom, so they are just as innocent as the next man and that some of the rebels are being looked after by Vendsyssel citizens, which is also said to be the same as a family offering a room to a traveller. Right now the issue remains within the confined walls of our government so it is best to act quickly before the issue ‘leaks’ out.

The Darcsen Empire – little resistance

From the information we got from the traitor, Stepanovich Koniev, the police were able to uncover all major areas of resistance and effectively destroy the Albanian Nationalists. Some of the rebels still remains, but after the removal of their leadership it is believed they will simply disband, unable to carry on any more. After a detailed examination of the laws of the land it is found that every single rebel, whatever their status, has committed conspiracy to commit treason, and in some cases high treason. It has been many years since anything like this has happened and the old laws of Darcsa say that the ruling monarch may take the role of judge, jury and executor. In short, the fate of the arrested rebels now lies in the hands of our King.

The Empire of Hiigara – Child Nation

A lone horseman made his way up to the imperial palace, he looked tired and weary after his long ride. He carried with a batter letter. As he reached the entrance he asked to see the emperor, he had important business to discuss. When he was told the emperor was not in the messenger was brought before Yoshu. The messenger presented the letter to him:
“Dear Emperor Oda Nokubura” it read
“I am Sultan Aydin Kumru of the Turkmen people, news of your wisdom and generosity has travelled fast and I wish to ask you for help. Like the other nations in these lands we too want to become powerful and strong, we want to become an official country with a government, laws and all other things people like you own. We request aid and advice in setting up an independent nation.”

(If you want to help the Sultan you’ll have to send him requisition, you can send as little or as much as you like and the amount you sent will translate into how much stuff (farmlands etc.) they start out with. This is an opportunity to gain a loyal ally and friend, of course, you can decline)

The Religious Republic of Equas – Health for the masses?

David Satrina, leader of the newest political party in the republic of Equas has suggested that the cholera epidemic in Kisarm could have been avoided. Two years ago Mr Satrina founded the Equas socialist party, whose ideals stated that we should all work together to create a better nation. One of his newest brainwaves is to form some kind of National Health Service; now, this is an idea never seen before and a lot of the other politicians are a little worried what this might mean for the country. But growing support for the socialists, especially within the poorer areas of the country, has caused this new idea to reach the government. While the idea seems absolutely great the Cardinal will have to play his cards right if he is going to win the next election…

Illyrain Empire – Royal Claims

It has recently come to our attention that the recently annexed provinces (17,18) have a royal regent. The king, known as King Sweii III of Gotraland, claims that he should remain royal leader of the area. In the bulk of the Illyrian Empire this problem would have been easily fixed, hand the king's crown the emperor, but we are beyond the long arm of Illyria, we are a new people and we have the right to make our own choices. letting the king keep his crown would upset many of our patriotic citizens but taking it away would upset all the people within his rule.

World Affairs
Battle of Dragonsbane
Terrain: Plains
2nd Imperial Regiment – Infantry Division
Morale: 100% Stance: Defence
Infantry division: +1

Vs
Scottish Highlanders – Conscript Division
Morale: 100% Stance: Attack
Conscript Division: -2
Total: -2

Result

The Empire of England claims a decisive victory!

Scottish Highlanders: Casualties:
-3000 Conscripts
Remaining: 7000 Conscripts (7000)

2nd Imperial Regiment: Casualties:
-145 Infantry
-5 cavalry
Remaining: 6855 Infantry, 1000 engineers, 1995 cavalry (9850)

Round Table Conference

Today diplomats from the Kingdom of Winterreise, the Religious Republic of Equas and the Darcsen Empire will meet on Sunset Island to discuss a possible triple alliance, along with other such issues; a reporter at the scene is still eagerly waiting for the other diplomats to arrive, and we’ll give you the latest news as soon as possible.

Maps

#24 · (Edited)
((OOC: I've changed the layout to the earlier updates a little bit, hope you guys find it okay.))

Requestion Subtotal: 1

-Income: +1
-Expenses: -0
-Final Total: 1

National Interest:

Province 3 - Riverrun.
Province 4 - Dragonsbone.
Province 5 - Wales.
Province 6 - Catharidge.
Province 7 - The Emperor's Palace.
Province 8 - East Walkfeyd.
Province 9 - The Devonian Farmlands - Farm.
Province 10 - Port Dover - Port.
NEW! Province 83 - Forthland.
NEW! Province 84 - New England.

Diplomacy and Expansion:

Expansion:

Being Immediate Colonization of Provinces 83 and 84.

A mainland stranglehold has been established in Provinces 83 and 84, which allows the British Empire to gain a foothold in the area known as Northern France. Province 83, named Forthland currently remains undeveloped alongside the other province, New England, due to lack of funding.

Diplomacy:

Ambassadors from the Empire of Hiigara have entered the Empire, publicly denouncing the Celtic Union and their brutal slaughter of diplomats. Pleased by the fact that the Emperor of England may have a potential ally overseas, he dispatches another diplomat, Tom Langdon, in order to meet with the Empire and open potential trading routes and possibly even an alliance.

1st Imperial Regiment "Gloryhounds." - Currently stationed in Province 4.
2nd Imperial Regiment "Bluebloods." - Currently stationed in Province 3.

Now that the Celtic morale is low, the Imperial Regiments under command of Ser Alexdran and Ser Logan, have been ordered to push forward into enemy territory, leaving a few units behind to watch for enemy invasion from Northern Ireland (Province 13). A recent coup in a Celtic border town created by English spies allows the English to gain the advantage of surprise. With the barbarians caught by surprise, their army is on the back foot.

All Imperial Regiments are ordered to engage Celtic forces stationed in Scotland. (Province 2).

NSRE:

Many people are feeling very optimistic about the war, those Celts armed with nothing but axes, swords and old rifles are nothing compared to the red fury of England! However it would appear that other countries, despite the pointless murder of three soldiers at a diplomatic meeting are still selling them weapons! Now we’re facing Celts with modern weapons! How could they sell weapons to them after the crimes they committed! Something must be done about these dishonourable nations; this is not just a matter of actual combat, more a matter of moral choices.

Ordered by the Emperor himself, spies have been dispatched into the Celtic Union to find and locate the representatives from other countries who have been selling the Celts weapons. Special teams have been ordered to sabotage the weapon transports before they can reach the front lines, and if possible, seize the cargo. If the other representatives are found, the teams have been ordered not to engage unless attacked by the country first.

(( OOC: I can edit in stuff from the characters POV if needed. I will probably do this at a later date.))

#25 ·
Subtotal: 1
Income: +4
Expenses -4
Total 1

National intrest

Province 171- Alexandria -Farmland
Province 170- Invirdu -Farmland
Province 172- Pertig -Farmland
Province 178- Fardu -Farmland
Province 179- Falidor
Province 182- Burscan
Province 176- Agvar
Province 182- Lomah

Industry

Build Farms in Province 179 and 182.

Expansion

Begin immediate colonisation of Province 184 and 175.

Diplomacy

Christopher saw no need for immediate diplomatic action.

NSRE

With the death of Alexander and the naming of his brother, Christopher, as the new leader of Caledonia many citizens, both higher and lower class are wary of his intentions. Only last week did many take to the streets and begin a protest against the new president; calling him a murderer, lair and a fiend.
It’s time something was done to show the people that you are the best thing that ever happened to them!

Christopher held his head in his hands as he listned to all the reports flooding in from across Caledonia. He shook his head in despair at the mistrust the people had in him, their new leader. He looked up at his small group of advisors and saw they were equally dispairing. He knew he had to take action so he did.

Christopher stormed into his chambers and lifted the carefull drawn plan that his brother had drawn before his death. they detailed his plans to betray his allys and force his people into slavery. He turned to Bizarc and detailed his plan to win the favour of his people.

"I want you to take these plans to every province under our control and show the people how corrupt my brothers mind was"

"Understood Sir"

"And you must also summon the Nobles of the Provinces to our two newest Provinces, Agvar and Lomah for them to witness first hand the advances in science we have made due to my brothers death."

"Of course Sir"

Evil plans sent to every Province to show the true colours of Alexander. Nobles summoned to Agvar and Lomah

#26 · (Edited)
Income:+3
Expense:-4
Total:0

Province 66: Green Glade:
Province 67- Gemscite-
Province 65-Iniox-
Province 64-Manitia-
Province 193: Jawsinkia
192: Bronsgard

Expansion and Industry

In the name of SCIENCE, Province 194 and 195.

Two transport fleets will be built in Gemcite.

Diplomacy​

Taking care of the young ones.

Heffion was at his usual place at his throne and the day was just beginning, he had many decisions to make today!

He did not have long to wait, as the heavy iron doors that lead to his chamber burst open, revealing his foreign affairs adviser, Markia Voiston, holding several important looking documents.

"My Lord! Troubling news! It seems that the new-and much more cooperative- ruler is facing rejection from his people! They seem to think he is some kind of killer! This could cause the usefulness of our ally to drop by 58.43%!"

Heffion put his hands to his temples as he absorbed the information, it was far to early in the morning for this sort of stuff, but it had to be done.

"You are correct...this is very troubling, an operator who can not work his machine is no operator at all. Make it known to his people that he is supported by the Izgurken government and tell them the story of Izgurka's rise. I want you to stress the part about how we grew strong because of a ruler with a loyal people." Heffion said in the neutral voice that was the trademark of the Izgurken rulers.

"As you say, my Lord. I shall send my diplomats immediately#" Markia said humbly before quickly exiting the room, although she left the papers behind for Heffion to read.

Result: Izgurken government publicly showing their support of President Christopher
More neighbors

Heffion looked curiously over the reports Markia had left behind, they consisted of maps and reports made by the exploration fleet he had sent to Africa. It seemed that they saw signs of civilization from the water.

"Interesting....very interesting." He said as he looked over them, apparently there were several civilizations very near Izgurka, one was even right next to the border of Izgurka!

"Contact must be maintained with these nations and an act to show our power must be done to make sure they don't get any ideas." Heffion declared to the empty room as he began writing orders to the House of Diplomatic Action.

Result:Diplomats sent to England, Kingdom of Vendsyssel, and the Kingdom of Illyrian

Military and Navy actions
Barbarians, but barbarians with potential...

Heffion looked out at the map the expedition force had made of the "English Isle" and thought over the news he had received from foreign traders not five minutes after he sent his diplomats. It seemed that England had a small war on their hands, they were fighting two peoples called the Irish and Scottish.

And it seemed the dangerous duo were losing.

"Imagine the loyalty and gratitude they would show if they were saved at the last moment...hey would be more then eager to join whoever saved them from this terrible invasion!" Heffion spoke to himself, one of his rare grins showing itself.

Taking out his trusty fountain-pen,a recent yet useful invention,he began writing a letter to Caption Hiken, an ambitious young commander looking for a chance to prove himself,

Dear Caption Hiken,
It is my great plesure to inform you that you are being deployed to a small island that goes by the name of Ireland. Your mission will be to train these poor people to defend themselves from their sworn enemy, the English. You are not to engage any English forces unless they attack you, your job is to train these people, not lead them.

Science be with you,
Heffion the Logical
.​

Result: Caption Hiken sent to Ireland on a small boat to train the Irish so they can defend themselves from any possible attack.
Not so Random Event​

The Realm of Izgurka – Golden Shores
Captain Jallick of the Izgurkan Navy, looked out from his small recon vessel towards the golden shores of Africa, they looked almost unchanged from the old paintings he had studied of old Izgurkan Colonies. This whole continent seemed like a dream land now, mentioned only in the tales of the old.

From what he and his crew had discovered the North of Africa had only one major nation, a religious-based republic of sorts that went by the name Equas. Other than that the entirety of North Africa seemed ripe for the picking, if Izgurka dared to return.
“Ok lads, our job is done here, set course for the Realm of Izgurka.”

It was night out when the time finally came, Heffion sat at his throne listening to his advisers ramble on and on about the expedition. They mainly talked about the different pieces of land discovered, most were either too close to a possibly hostile civilization or too dry to be a good settlement area, but one place stood out...

"The crew that was sent are calling it "Heffionia", in honor of you, my lord. It is by far the best canadite for colonization they mentioned in their report." Jawsink finished, he had been talking for a solid twenty minutes about the report, inspecting and analyzing every detail.

Heffion nodded feverishly in response, the Izgurken empire would very soon be going back to Africa to reclaim what was lost.

It was their time once more.

Before Heffion could say anything,Markia spoke up.

"Pardon my interruption, my Lord.But what are we to do about the resident civilization? They seem too well dug in to simply remove, and their minds are courpted by religion! Who knows what they will do!" She rabted, obviously worried, losing a colony in Africa after so long so early would be a major blow to Izgurken pride.

Finally given a chance to speak, Heffion climbed to his feet and looked down upon his advisers, the moment he had dreamt of his entire life was finally here and the only thing left to decide was how to deal with this "republic."

"Send diplomats and gifts before we send the settlers, we will need to construct a fleet before we can do anything further with Africa. Our next action regarding them shall be based on this diplomatic mission." Heffion said, his usually neutral voice tarnished with childlike joy by the fact that he was reclaiming the long-lost dream-land of Africa!

Result: Plans are being made to construct a fleet of ships that will colonize "Heffionia", in the meantime diplomats and gifts will be sent to The Religious Republic of Equas.
Hail Science.​

#27 ·
National Interest:

Subtotal: 1
Income:+6
Expenses:-7
Total:0

Upgrade Provinces 86 and 87 to farmland

Military Action

Battle in Province 98 between Emperor Nokubura, with his Royal Guard, and roaving bandits, is brought to a close with the arrival of a mounted Equas militia.

Expansion and Diplomacy

Colonize Provinces 85 and 81

The Emperor's Stand, or the Skirmish of Vishua, as it would later become known, was extending its greedy fingers into a second day of fighting, with the previous waves of bandits having been beaten back by the Hiigaran Imperials who valiantly defended their seemingly pitiful encampment, yes, their were lulls in the fighting, but the graons of the wounded and dying kept every man on edge. The Hiigarans had managed to hold out despite the terrible odds, yet had never managed to have as much an impact on the attacking horde following their first defense, which had slaughtered numbers of their foe, who were not expecting such a determined resistance. Regardless, they fought on, and wave after wave of howling barbarians charged the defensive formation, after blood and vengeance rather than any spoils that could be gleaned from the diplomatic convoy. Hiroshi was unleashing volleys of rifle fire into any horsemen who dared draw to close, as the first wave of the second day flowed over the dunes to assail the defenders; he had been wounded in the arm the day before, but his body had numbed the pain, and the adrenalin coursing through his body was keeping him standing, but fatigue was starting to claim as many men as bullets, some were found unconscious at their posts, rifles still warm in their hands, having been firing even as sleep overcame them. However, this would be the last wave, as a steady drone slowly overwhelmed the otherwise domineering sound of rifle shots and cries of agony, the sound of hundred of hooves riding at gallop, and the sounds of sabres being drawn and rifles being readied permeated the landscape. The Equas cavalry arrived in force, and brought a swift end to the dead-lock.
As the last barbarian fell the Hiigarans let out a collective whoop of joy, cheering their saviors and the Emperor who had delivered them from certain death. As the scouts who had brought the cavalry bowed to the Emperor who came to personally commend their actions, they were swamped by overjoyed comrades, clapsing them on the back and praising thier ancestors. Emperor Nokubura and Hiigaran Imperial Hiroshi approached the commander of the Equas force and extended an official hand of thanks for their aid, before requesting medical aid for the wounded, the Emperor himself had only risen from his bunk, against the wishes of the Hiigaran medics, to greet the arrivals himself, a wound he had earned the previous day had rendered him unconscious and weak. Hiroshi himself was also feeling the strain of the day catching up to him and causing his knees to shake. His last act in the Skirmish of Vishua was to hand over his sword to the Equas commander, officially giving him the right to give commands to the Hiigaran warriors, as Hiroshi finally collapsed from exhaustion, he would not awake untill the convoy returned to the Equas settlement, where doctors would assess that he was suffering from acute dehydration brought on from severe blood loss and the heat of battle. He would return to his family in Hiigara, a hero.

Colonise Provinces 85 and 81. The Kingdom of Equas thanked for its assistance in the Skirmish of Vishua.

Not-So-Random-Event

A lone horseman made his way up to the imperial palace, he looked tired and weary after his long ride. He carried with a batter letter. As he reached the entrance he asked to see the emperor, he had important business to discuss. When he was told the emperor was not in the messenger was brought before Yoshu. The messenger presented the letter to him:
“Dear Emperor Oda Nokubura” it read
“I am Sultan Aydin Kumru of the Turkmen people, news of your wisdom and generosity has travelled fast and I wish to ask you for help. Like the other nations in these lands we too want to become powerful and strong, we want to become an official country with a government, laws and all other things people like you own. We request aid and advice in setting up an independent nation.”

Yoshu had just finished discussing the latest diplomatic reports with his advisers when the horseman arrived; the Empire of England had thanked them for their support on the ongoing matter of the Celtic Union and had dispatched an ambassador to Hiigara, and news of the Emperor's vessel crashing had just reached the capital, although they were assured the party was safe and would be continuing their journey by land. Yoshu wished them well.

All of these had been somewhat expected, and predictable, as Yoshu gradually got into the routine of politics and diplomacy, yet the horsemen upset this cycle, and delivered very interesting information. Yoshu rubbed his temples and attempted to meditate on his thoughts, this was most definitely something which only the Emperor could officially authorize in full, yes, it was true he had the power bestowed upon him, but this went above and beyond simple foreign policy! But, at the same time, Yoshu knew he could not let an opportunity like this pass his people by, to do so would be foolish and to tempt the fates.
"Sir, I would like first to officially welcome you to the Empire of Hiigara and to extend the hand of friendship and brotherhood to your people; however, you must understand that I am not the Emperor, I am merely his representative, and as such I cannot promise you a recurring commitment, although I assure you, that as a long time comrade and friend of His Highness Emperor Oda Nokubura, that he would immediately grant your people any aid in his power, as long as it does not harm our own interests of course, for your people to govern themselves should be a right, not merely a gift." The messenger bowed his head in thanks, but Yoshu could see that his shoulders slumped and that he sensed defeat and rejection, "Nonetheless," stated Yoshu, raising his hand to silence any words from the visitor, "I do have it in my power to authorise a 'trial period' if you will, of support for your nation; over the next few months, we will provide the Turkmen people with financial aid, including the delivery of farming utensils, construction material and also skilled Hiigaran engineers and advisers to help guide your people. Of course, any advice we offer is to be used at your own discretion, with the intention of this agreement to be to allow your nation to get on your feet and to be able to stand tall and proud of yourselves, whilst strengthening the friendship between our peoples, the Hiigaran teams will also be accompanied by inspectors who will evaluate you nation and the benefits our aid has, allowing the Emperor to better decide how best to allow both our peoples to prosper in the future, and what aid you require in the future to more efficiently support your nation, if you require any at all. There is much to do to make this a reality, come! You must tell me more of your lands over a feast, you must've travelled hard and far to deliver such news!"

The Hiigaran Empire delivers aid to the Turkmen people, totaling 3 requisition, with promises of a further 3 the following month, and the potential for more aid in the future if it is deemed required.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.