Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Stormraven WIP

651 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Aramoro 
#1 ·
In an effort to motivate myself to finish it I thought I would post how far I had got so far with this

http://aramoro.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/storm-raven-w-i-p/

As you can see, not very far indeed. All the Weapons are magnetised including the Missiles although I don't have all the weapon load outs yet. I'm not sure I'm going to bother with the Hurricane Bolter.

#2 ·
Looking good so far Aramoro, post us a PM when you've loaded up some pics of the finished model.

#7 · (Edited)
That is one of the better storm raven conversion/kit bashes I have seen around. It doesn't look like a valk and a land raider/rhino had a head on collision like a lot of the other builds out there. That is a great thing. I actually like the wings were they are with the addition of canard wings up front, it looks right.

I have only two small visual issues with the model and that is the front multi melta's and the tail control surface. The front multi melta's look a bit off compared to the rest of the model. I think it is because you have them upside down with the shield mounted over the power cabling. If you removed the cabling and made the shield more at an angle similar to the front of the hull it would be more aesthetically pleasing and still be functionally sound. The second is the tail elevators. They are on (functionally) backwards. I might think it would look a bit better if the point was facing rewards and the control surfaces were at the rear were they technically have to be. But that is a minor little detail really on an otherwise excellent build.

Most excellent modeling and use of ingenuity. I hope you keep us up to date on your progress, +rep for sure.

#8 ·
I noticed the control surfaces were on backwards but just went with it, I tried it on the other way round and it look a bit odd. I may still change it.

I'm not 100% happy with the multimelta, the twinlinked bolters look a lot better. I wanted to keep the power cabling which meant they had to go on upside down on on their side. I put on the shielding there to shield the Stormraven from the heat of the Melta. I may try tinkering with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.