Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

ironclad dreadought painting ideas?

676 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  TheReverend 
#1 ·
I need a paint scheme for a ironclad dreadnought, below is my space marine paint scheme

#2 ·
Not an easy scheme to trnasfer over, but not too difficult either. Use your base grey colour for the majority of the dread. On the knee joints, use the yellow. You can also use the yellow on some of the upper body areas. There are 3 horizontal 'blocks' on the front of the armour plates, so you could paint one of these yellow. For the arms it really depends on what you are using but Im sure you should be able to make some of the weapon trim yellow.

The trick is to make it blend into the rest of the army, It doesnt have to be an exact copy.

#4 ·
very cool paint job, I like it; by the way the gray I had in the pic of my paint scheme was Charadon Granite, and the yellow (not including the eagle wings) was Golden Yellow, the eagle wings were burnished gold, and the skull was bleached bone.

#5 ·
Oh and humakt I agree with you about making it blend in with the rest of the army.:goodpost: the smiley face with the sign says what I think about your post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.