Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Eldar Dire Avenger (Craft world colors/meaning)

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kiama 
#1 · (Edited)
So here is the first Dire Avenger I did for my army.

I found that my first rounds of painting new units always takes me FOREVER to do, only cause i have to keep experimenting with the placement of colors and all that.

The way my coloring works is that that mix of purple (Which looks alot lighter in life) is the army's main color. The more white that you see on a unit, the more royal/important it is. This was made to just give a nice contrast and when my farseer is posted, you'll see that his white cloak just covers him. I WOULD like to point out, yes, this model needs some highlights BAD, but as i do with my armies, highlights come AFTER a unit is done, then i light them up.

Also, P.S., my Eldar army name is undecided, but all i know is that i want the translation to mean "Those that strike from Moon's shadow". The basic fluff being that my eldar squad are like a elite strike force. You'd think that would mean alot of Striking Scorpions (Which I'd love to use more of), but it just means the army strikes in surprise. Harlequins are a big part of the army. Therefor, there is alot of reserves/outflanking done if possible. Although I dont use them, I cant wait to paint my Pathfinders and Warp Spiders. GOD i wish they were better in game!

While we're at it, lets have a nice big LOL for my workspace :p

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks very good! Might need some highlighting on armour from what i can see, but the white is awesome!

I notice a dot of gold or something on the plume, and some mouldlines on heads and shuriken catapult!

And something should be done with the gun. Except for the negative stuff i commented, it is very cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.