Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

suggestion on how to corrupt Black Templars

906 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kreuger 
#1 ·
OK, so i just bought the BT upgrade sprue & well, theres a lot of the BT symbols.

:clapping: (nice notice smart*ss)

anyways ive noticed that the BT symbol looks rather similar to the chaos 8 pointed star. now i pretty much suck @ GSing items but i wanna try to corrupt these BT dudes, probably going corrupt them as bezerkers but might add more corrupted elements of these noble templar (like a rhino &/or LR)

also a minor side note; i also plan on corrupting some BA/DA/SWs as well. thoughts on those as well?

#2 ·
Hmm, well I think if you're looking for a fast turn around with little green-stuffing of course scraping/filing imperial symbols off, or making them look intentionally defaced. A few well placed file gouges work nicely. You do a bit of the old glue trick for some quick chaos corruption over some of the places where the icons were or just over the defaced imperial icons.

On the off chance you don't know about the old glue trick . . . you place a small blob of white/pva glue on the model, and then add a drop of superglue to the middle of it. As the super glue * pva glue dry they expand the surface area of the pva glue, but not its overall 'footprint' so it warps and curls.

Check out the link to my project log. The partially finished vindicator has the 'glue-trick' all over it. Sadly, until its painted it doesn't photograph all that well.

Kreuger's Chaos P-Log

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.