Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Robinator's Lizardmen army (pics)

6K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  louisshli 
#1 ·
So this summer I started my first warhammer fantasy army, choosing Lizardmen. In all fairness, I did choose to do them before 8th was released, but let's just say this edition has been good to my Slaan :) I have learned a lot about painting in the last year or so, and chose Lizardmen because they would allow me to wash and drybrush an army quickly, while still looking decent. I am more than happy to share colour recipes if you have any questions.

This model is a ton of fun. I modeled all the skinks with pins in their feet, so the can be removed as they die. The priest also has a separate base that the pin fits into, so if the steg dies, he can still run around on foot:

This colour scheme was a bit accidental, but I love how it turned out. No 8th ed lizardmen army should be without one of these guys :) I wanted to try out magic in WFB, and boy is a Slaan a good way to throw around spells:

I use him as a Scar Vet in my army, but I think the Chakax model is cool:

I made this guy out of extra parts from my Steg kit, but was pleasantly surprised at how he turned out:

The larger of my two saurus blocks uses spears for extra attacks:

Nice block of Saurus with Hand Weapons, to get the parry save for extra survivability:

I usually play these guys as chameleons, even though I have painted them as standard blue skinks:

In my lizzie army, the bigger you are, the darker blue your skin is, hence the cold ones are darker than their saurus riders (and skinks are the lightest of all):

Salamander from my Lizardmen army. I really do like these guys in 8th, but perhaps he is painted a bit too brightly to avoid attracting the attention of opposing generals :p

The whole army together:

Comments and feedback welcome,

Robin

See less See more
#6 ·
Very impressive army! Everything is excellently painted and I love how you have done the blue skin in relation to the size of the lizard. The Slaan has got to be my favorite model out of the bunch again his skin being very nicely done. +rep

Apperently I have to spread the love around a little since I just gave you rep for your Black Legion. All the same great models!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.