Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Tomahawk Pursuit bike....Ready to rock!

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  The Wraithlord 
#1 ·
This little number is what I´ve come up with to take on all those bad-ass war-bosses on choppers & trikes!

#5 ·
That is truly a fine piece of work. I recognise a scale model motorcycle road bike for the front wheel i can see and a nice minigun for the weapon i can see but there my ideas end. Bloody nice model though. Bet it took a while to get together. Fine work indeed.

#6 ·
that's an excellent piece of work, sir. +rep

the over-sized tyres / wheels remind me of the BatCycle in The Dark Knight, which by no means is a bad thing! :biggrin:

#11 ·
Not the best pics I know but I hope they´ll do.
To explain a tad about the build well....The chassis´made out of an outrageous hot-rod custom engine which I´d had knocking around for ages & always wanted to use as is, in the end I spun it through 90º to make a really big block, elongated with a bit of lego, & then attached the wheels. Front wheels being a couple of Yamaha V-MAX wheels & the axle, Stuka landing gear. The rear wheel is made out of the turbines from a pod-racer with the rubber strip used to mount a bike light, and the suspension Beaufighter landing gear cut down to fit in nicely.
The body´s made of plasticard & Metro flyers(which have proved most usefull over the years) with straws for exhaust ports and a bit of a Luftwaffe bomb dolly.
The saddle etc is all standard Scout bike (had to be sure it would fit). Finally the two Gatling guns were ordered from Australia!!! but...scale problems, very weedy & I had to make the barrels myself more straws & wire.
The overall design is just the culmination of lots of influences tweaked to a shape which I had in mind & a good smoke!
Anyway... the MkI Tomahawk Pursuit bike (MkI because I might be able to get my hands on a milling machine & see if I can´t make this number in resin)

#15 ·
That is indeed a bad ass scratchbuild.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.