Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Warmachine parts for 40K

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  The Sullen One 
#1 ·
With the release of plastic warjack kits for warmachine I've been thinking about picking up the Skorm / Cryx (whichever... the necromancerish ones) warjack kit to use the 3 sets of combat arms for chaos dreadnought close combat weapons. I was thinking of using the dreadnought "shoulders" but replacing the rest of the arms with the warmachine parts. Has anyone tried this? I'm worried the warmachine parts will look too small compared to the dreadnought. thoughts?

#2 · (Edited)
Cryx are the Necromatic ones :) And yes, I dare say that the arms would look a bit small, but it might not be that bad...

Here's a thread from a few months ago on this exact same subject, with a nice pic from Wraithlord which shows a comparison of size. He's using a Cygnarian Jack, but the scale is about the same for the Cryx plastics. If you keep the Dread shoulder and beef up the Jacks arm connections a bit, then you could probably make it look decent. Looking at the pic again, you might have to extend the arms a bit, as well, so they don't look too short.

Hope that helps :)

#4 ·
I'd be careful, Warjacks are generally smaller than Dreads, Kans or Wraithlords so it might take quite a bit of work.

Still, good luck with your idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.