Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

New but not

541 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Otep 
#1 ·
I have been into Warhammer 40,000 for four years now but have never really gotten into the miniatures tabletop aspect of it too much. I have tried off and on, but it never really grasped my interest too much. Now, I am looking to start a Daemon army centered around Tzeentch/Slaanesh models, but I am terrible at painting 'organic' things. Could anyone provide me with helpful tips and advice on painting Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Daemon models?

#2 ·
I am a firm believer in go with what feels right. Only tips I can give is this really.

1) Base coat with darkest colours and progress to lighter with the lightest on the muslces or towards sorce of light.
2) There is no "wrong" paint scheme if you like it then it is good.
3) If you end up not liking it you can always remove paint and restart.
4) No tips are more important then pratice with them and over time you will get really good and be able to use advance tips from expert painters.
5) Do not try to over strech, I tryed lighting effect the first week of painted and felt like quiting for life. After a year or 2 of doing it I can pull it of slightly better lol.

#3 ·
Wet blending is your friend when it comes to organic models. There are some great tutorials floating around the interwebs, and plenty on the boards here. Practice, practice, practice is all I can say. But as said above there is no wrong way, or bad scheme if you are happy with your models. Good luck and I look forward to seeing some of your progress, I have a fledgling Daemon army that just keeps staring at me from the shelf, and there are some truly great models in that line.

#4 ·
again go with what feels/looks right! my sisters are a perfect example, bright pink hair, scorpion green hair for special weapons black armour.... etc, etc.... they look like an army about ready to go to a rave/slannesh orgy!

try simple techniques at first and reward yourself appropriatly for what you deam good! i normally vote for a beer or three and somesort of meat product :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.