Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Death Company Scheme

5K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  Raurik 
#1 ·
So here's a test model for a death company unit led by Astorath the Grim. The reason for the coloring is behind Astorath's fluff, he would kill any death company that would become too crazed by the black rage. So this would be a unit of death company that he killed before they got too crazed. Enjoy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See less See more
#4 ·
This is nice, What i particularly like is; When people do White marines, They have a tendancy to just paint them white, and they end up very 2d, Flat looking, whereas you've managed to sustain some depth in there, making it look astronomically more impressive, And with White, you have to make sure all the details are clean, Because if you accidently go over the edge, it's incredibly clear that it's a mistake; Which is equally impressive.

Good work, Good clean finish.

And the bases look nice, I don't know whether that's purposely done or not, but it looks effective enough! :}

#9 ·
Gah mold lines!!

The paint is nicely done and the scheme works well for sure but dude you NEED to get rid of the mold lines before you paint your models. The best paint in the world will look terrible if there are mold lines on the model.

#10 ·
Mold lines fixed, my buddy lent me his 'mold line remover' and it worked real nicely, gotta pick one up lol, thanks for pointing it out heh

On a side note I'll probably finish 5 of these guys than take a break and work on Astorath then finish off the squad.

#24 ·
They're just made from regular Dread CCW's (used the venerable dread set's and had a spare metal furioso which i used the whore right arm) and just attached the blades of some WHFB goblin swords to the fingers. I liked how they came out better than the old Wolves dreadnought claws.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.