Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Death Company Scheme

5K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  Raurik 
#1 ·
So here's a test model for a death company unit led by Astorath the Grim. The reason for the coloring is behind Astorath's fluff, he would kill any death company that would become too crazed by the black rage. So this would be a unit of death company that he killed before they got too crazed. Enjoy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See less See more
#33 ·
@Isarofeen: its just a small file or blade that takes off the crease left by the mold when the pieces of the model are made.

Well here's Astorath, It was very difficult to get a decent picture due to his dark color without it seeming either too glossy or too flat, so here's the best I could do with my phone camera XD

And the Squad

I was a little reluctant to post the pics because it doesn't show much of the detailing off but I figured you guys wanted to see the finished squad :p Enjoy!

#34 ·
Do I see "Dell" in one of those pics?

Heresy! :suicide:

On topic, models look good :D

The dreadnought does look a little bit flat. Maybe use a wash to darken the skull? It's really got no contrast at all from what I can see, and there's a lot of room to make it stand out more.

#36 ·
I have fallen in love... *Pokes at the screen and giggles.* Just joking, but those models are sick nice job.

#37 ·

Dell is a Sign of Heresy!
HERETIC!
:grin:

#43 ·
I think that is the best painted one! What about extreme highligting with white so it looks more whitish?

+rep anyway!

#44 ·
pretty sick! definitely some good work going on here.

haha The jetpack things make me laugh. black wings with white armor looks awesome though.

Two biggest critiques would be: fix up those bases!! whole feet area looks like slop without basing. And the eyes bug me because I cant really see them. I would suggest coloring them in more, red green, more defined blue whichever.

#45 ·
thanks guys, yeah this guy was probably my best so far, they're getting easier as I do them which is nice.

As for the bases, I'm gonna base him today, it was late last night and I was lazy ;)

And the eyes I'm gonna finish the squad and then go back and do all the eyes, theyre all just gray at the moment, I wanna try to test on a few spare models to get that technique down, ill post the redone eyes when I'm done the squad :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.