Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

My Renegade Nurgle Guardsmen army

37K views 83 replies 41 participants last post by  WinZip 
#1 ·
So, from the reactions to my teaser in the introduction thread, apparently peoplez are interested in seeing some more of my Traitor Guards, an army I started after Imperial Armour : Siege of Vraks I was released and that I was able to expand once Siege of Vraks III hit the shelves with a Nurgle-themed Traitor list.

So where to start?
I'll just follow the regular Codex-structure and start with...
HQ
A Plague Marine Commander (yes, I can let my Guards e led by a Chaos Space Marine!):

And a Plague Marine Psycher (not Codex-legal, but a cool add-on for Apocalypse games :

Also for those Apocalypse games, I included Deamons into my army... there's the Great Unclean One :

And I also painted up an Epidemius :

My Guardsmen HQ-choice :

Supported by an anti-tank squad :

In a supporting role, my Enforcers (the Renegades' answer to Commissars)

And a group of Apostate Preachers

And finally, some Unsanctioned Psykers that can either be seconded to Guard-units, or I could use 'em as per the Codex : IG with their minder :

See less See more
#2 ·
What comes after HQ's again?

Oh right, it is time for
Elites
First off, a Plague Marine unit, and since I've got 20 of them, there's plenty of configuration-possibilities.

And I also pimped out an Old School Rhino for them to be transported in :

Renegade Ogryn Berserkers

Disciples of Xaphan :

#3 ·
Next up :
Troops
Now I won't bore you with individual piccies of all my units of Guardsmen, know simply that I have 2 times two Squads and 2 Command Squads, good for 50 footsloggers in total.
All are equipped with an autocannon, a PlasmaGun, a Sarge and a Vox Caster
Here's a sample :

Then I have loads of Mutants' Rabble, about 40 of them, here are 30 in one single piccie :

To represent Plague Zombies, I used the Fantasy Battle Crypt Ghouls, who strongly resemble the zombies from the movie I am legend

On the Deamon-side of things I have a small unit of Nurglings

And a small unit of Plague Bearers

And that's all the Troop-choices I have at the moment, good for a grand total of 120 bases…

#6 ·
This is a seriously cool collection. Your models are painted wonderfully! I'm not a fan of nurgle but you have done a sterling job. I really like the orgyns, the crypt ghouls and the sentinels. Lots of lovely touches in your army. These guys are better painted than my traitors. +rep

I like the inclusion of some old school CSMs and Rhino.

#8 ·
That is a fantastically paint army, made even more so by the fact that the models and the paint job itself is actually nice and clean. Too many people seem to think that because they are painting Nurgle that they can just be sloppy and it will still look good which is most certainly not the case. Very well done!

#13 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments and the nice PM's with rep-add-ons (I still gotta figure out what that's all about exactly)!

And sorry for the late reply, but I have been floored by a nasty sinus-infection.

The Wraithlord, thanks for noticing that! You'd be amazed how difficult it is, and how much work it takes to make something look grimey and dirty :laugh:
The fig that took the most work in the whole sequence of piccies is my Blight Drone, where I passed an insane amount of tipe on the rust...

Forkmaster, the heads from my troops (the helmeted ones with gasmasks) are from WestWind productions. The ones on my Mutants are both from Westwind and from MaxMini.eu.
For all details, check Comrades' thread on gasmasks where I listed example-piccies and references.
The platforms you refer to are simply the Games Workshop bases, with a rubber, self-adhesive road glued on top.
It's from a company called "Busch" and is called "Kopfstein Pflaster" (HO 7078)
I add some sand mixed with pebbles here and there, and then paint, drybrush and wash.

Shaantitus, yes, those Hop-Splatta's make for some very good-looking Autocannons, don't they?
Also, they give a nice late WWI, early WWII feel to the whole army, which complements nicely with the gasmasks I'm using.

Gubnutz, like you, I always wanted to do Traitor Guards, mainly because fluffwise they are about the single greatest threat to the Empire that Chaos poses, but are sorrily "forgotten" by GWS most of the time, excluding some specific armylists/unit entries in White Dwarf or campaign Codexes.

Oh, and I haven't shown you guys the following yet :

Heavy Support
Turret Emplacements with Battle Cannons :

Leman Russes
Vanquisher :

Executioner :

Demolisher :

Two Nurgle Obliterators (for those Apocalypse games) :

And last, bot not in the very least
Super Heavies
Valdor Tank Hunter :

Only one super heavy at the moment, but the plans for changing that are ready for execution :biggrin:

#15 ·
Thanks!
Those Ogryns are indeed sweet sculpts aren't they?
The moment they appeared in the advanced order section of the FW-site, I clicked on the Order-button :grin:

Now, when you take all of the figs of the previous posts, and put 'em on a table, it looks something like this :

That poor UltraMarine is easily identifyable, even from afar :laugh:

A couple of close-ups…
Ogryns with a couple of Guardsmen :

The Plague Marines :

Onwards and forwards!

The me-perspective (when gaming, of course) :

#22 ·
Thatnks for the nice comments and + reps all!
They keep me motivated to continue on this army!

And, being motivated 'n all, I've just finished this unit :

Nurgle Chaos Space Marine Raptors (using MaxMini jump-packs)

Backside

And five more :

Next up on the workbench, 2 Plasma Cannon Sentinels (old-skool ones) and a Dark Mechanicus TechPriest + retinue...

#24 · (Edited)
So, after that small escapade into corrupted Power Armour, it was time to give my Guardsmen some paintbrush loving again.

First off, wto Sentinels, of the old-skool type, with a weapons-swap :

And the Dark Mechanicus has arrived to bolster my forces (and to help maintain my car-park)

And a top-view

The Servitor on the far left is the Forge World one, which I scored on Ebay, the TechPriest Engineseer is the stock GWS one, with some slight greenstuffing. All the others are converted by myself, and personally I think the guy on the far right turned out the best of all :grin:

#25 ·
Like the sentinels(making two similar ones with heavy flamers myself) i also like the epic scale mk2 rhino. The dark mechanicus conversions are fantastic. Fine work indeed. I am impressed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.