Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

My Renegade Nurgle Guardsmen army

37K views 83 replies 41 participants last post by  WinZip 
#1 ·
So, from the reactions to my teaser in the introduction thread, apparently peoplez are interested in seeing some more of my Traitor Guards, an army I started after Imperial Armour : Siege of Vraks I was released and that I was able to expand once Siege of Vraks III hit the shelves with a Nurgle-themed Traitor list.

So where to start?
I'll just follow the regular Codex-structure and start with...
HQ
A Plague Marine Commander (yes, I can let my Guards e led by a Chaos Space Marine!):

And a Plague Marine Psycher (not Codex-legal, but a cool add-on for Apocalypse games :

Also for those Apocalypse games, I included Deamons into my army... there's the Great Unclean One :

And I also painted up an Epidemius :

My Guardsmen HQ-choice :

Supported by an anti-tank squad :

In a supporting role, my Enforcers (the Renegades' answer to Commissars)

And a group of Apostate Preachers

And finally, some Unsanctioned Psykers that can either be seconded to Guard-units, or I could use 'em as per the Codex : IG with their minder :

See less See more
#58 ·
Whilst waiting impatiently for a couple of Nurgle Snails to arrive in the snail mail (check Scibor's Monstrous Miniatures if you want to know what I'm talking about:grin:), I decided to concentrate a bit more on my Guardsmen again (since the last expansion were Deamons anyway)

So first off I made one of those new-kit Chimera's :

Also, based on an old Chimera kit I ha d lying around, combined with a MKI WhirlWind, I made myself this here Manticore...

Next up will be a home-made Bane Wolf (AP3 and ignores Cover Saves :angel:)

#60 ·
Thanks
And thanks for all the nice reppage again:wink:

I decided to add a Bane Wolf to my army... Can still 'count as' a HellHound too...

But the noxious gas/poison it spits forth is just too Nurgly to pass over :cool:

Only downside is that I have to get in reach of the enemy...
Best make a couple more Chimera's after this to provide a decent cover :biggrin:

#64 ·
Thanks for the kind comments and rep!

With a long weekend behind me, I was able to finish a couple of things.

First and foremost, I scored an Ambul from the Rogue Trader era...
Now he'll stand in as a Possessed Psyker (my Psykers tend to get better when they suffer a Perils from the Warp)

And seen as I want to be able to field a battle-worthy standard Codex-IG force, I made myself 10 more Guardsmen, with Flamers (3) and with Meltas (7), just so I can use the Guardsmen units I already had as Veterans (and 10 is enough to make me yet another squad)

And, of course, Veterand need a ride.
Hence I added another Chimera to my motorpool

Just finished converting a 4th Chimera yesterday evening. Should be dried & ready 4 priming tonight

#71 ·
I scored an Ambul from the Rogue Trader era...
Now he'll stand in as a Possessed Psyker (my Psykers tend to get better when they suffer a Perils from the Warp)

That takes me back to when I was less old :wink: Yours is better painted than mine though.

Well done for finding a reason to field it without re-introducing the random fauna tables from Rogue Trader.

#65 ·
gotta say love the WWI' style colouring and WWI helmets so win

#70 ·
Thanks again for all the nice comments and reppage!

All those WWI-style lovers out there, did you check my Autocannons and Lascannons? Somewhere on page 1...

And then think back to... oh, let's say the German artillery pieces? Or the wheels on the 'minenwerfers?

#74 ·
And I'm almost there as far as my motorpool-expansion is concerned...

Chimera #4

One more to go at the moment.
After the fifth, it's time for an Apocalyptical datasheet, then a wee bit of Epic painting/modelling and then some Orks for a clienty of mine (the guy that paid for all of these Chimera's :biggrin:)

#76 ·
Well, if you like Chimera's,

Here's a fifth Chimera...
I'm going to stop doing Chimera-chassis vehicles for a while now...
6 in a row tends to get repetitive :lol:

Now experience from a recent mega-battle thought me that a single Heavy 1 titan-killer (my Valdor Tank Hunter) in Apocalypse games might just not be enough...
So I decided to work on another Heavy 1 : my Orbital Defense Laser (from the Quantum Gothic range)
And here's the finished product

Now I hears you thinking...
You're thinking how big is that thing exactly?
Is it really big enough to represent an Orbital Defense Laser?
Well, there can be only one answer to these thoughts...
Heeeeeeeeeere's Barrrryyyyyyyy!

Now of course, such a big weapon needs a big mount...
So finally I've got a good use for that GWS scenery I bought a long time ago...

Hope you guys like the updates!

#77 ·
This army is fantastic! I've got a couple of questions.

First, what did you use to make the map the dudes are looking at on the Valdor?

And what sort of models are those Nurgle flies made from?

+Rep for one of the best armies I've ever seen.

#79 ·
where did you get the Cerberus models from? those are bad ass...

i dig this army as a whole, earthy colours semi-dirty and not so mutated.... AND! nurglings everywhere!

your conversions look natural as hell O_O i dig the squig flies sooooo much :D

+rep for an epic nurgle army!

#82 ·
Thanks for all the encouraging comments and reppage guys!

Let's see, I've got quite a couple of questions to answer:wink:

qotsa4life, that map is simply a download from the ForgeWorld website.
I downloaded one of the Vraks maps, which looked the most like a situational-map, and then downsized that up to the size you see now.
I cut it out, folded it (took a 'real' map to see how the folds had to be done), placed it where I wanted it to be (after having painted the whole Valdor, of course) and added a couple of watered-down layers of PVA glue to make it stick + harden the paper.

The flies are GWS Squigs, with wings from MaxMini.eu, finished off with a smattering of greenstuff.

Otep, that's an Avatars of War figurine

Tensiu, yeah, maybe, but it'll still be an Orbital Weapon in my army... the whole buildings' a generator :biggrin:

#83 ·
I'm not sure I can add anything coherent that others haven't already said.

Your miniature work is stellar.

If decay and corruption could be considered "museum grade" then I think there would be professorial looking men trying to stick needles through your minis and mount them in glass cases.

And at the risk of sounding redundant. +rep

Cheers,
kreuger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.