Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

My Renegade Nurgle Guardsmen army

37K views 83 replies 41 participants last post by  WinZip 
#1 ·
So, from the reactions to my teaser in the introduction thread, apparently peoplez are interested in seeing some more of my Traitor Guards, an army I started after Imperial Armour : Siege of Vraks I was released and that I was able to expand once Siege of Vraks III hit the shelves with a Nurgle-themed Traitor list.

So where to start?
I'll just follow the regular Codex-structure and start with...
HQ
A Plague Marine Commander (yes, I can let my Guards e led by a Chaos Space Marine!):

And a Plague Marine Psycher (not Codex-legal, but a cool add-on for Apocalypse games :

Also for those Apocalypse games, I included Deamons into my army... there's the Great Unclean One :

And I also painted up an Epidemius :

My Guardsmen HQ-choice :

Supported by an anti-tank squad :

In a supporting role, my Enforcers (the Renegades' answer to Commissars)

And a group of Apostate Preachers

And finally, some Unsanctioned Psykers that can either be seconded to Guard-units, or I could use 'em as per the Codex : IG with their minder :

See less See more
#28 ·
Your work is really really amaizing. Great work, keep them coming man.

#30 ·
Hmmmmm

Sound remark!
I see what you mean.

I'll check if I have some kind of tech-y backpack that can serve as a power-source for the Plasma Cannon.
That should provide a nice counterweight and re-balance the fig.

Maybe I've got one of those Skaven Warlock Engineer backpacks left over. I'll have to check to see what works.

#32 ·
I haven't got one of those backpacks, but I'll find one, that's for sure!

In the meantime, time for another update...

I now have my first unit transported in a Chimera.
First off, I painted up the unit, with Sgt, comms-officer and Melta

And then the Chimera.
I had to heavily modify it, as I didn't care for the options that were modelled on it, and I added my Renegades' trademark Nurgle-markings :

#35 ·
Thanks!

I just spotted a couple of errors on the Chimera though (pictures tend to do just that:whistle:) will have to repair that!

I see you have Plague Marine raptors as well - I like your jump packs where did you get them?
They are from MaxMini.eu
Quite cheap for the level of detail and quality of castings they do.
The Jump Packs are on the thrid page of the Conversion Bits section

#41 ·
The promised Leman Russ Battle Tank is now assembled, converted and painted up :

And in between drying of glues, drying of greenstuufed areas, drying of washes etc.I made this lil' fella :

A Plague Reaper, for the Chaos Space Marines part of my Nurgle Traitors...

Enjoy:grin:

#44 ·
As a primer I use Chaos Black, mainly because it is very forgiving, and I want this army to be in dark tones; Skull White would make for a more bright, vibrant paintjob.

Over that I apply a basecoat of SnakeBite Leather.
Then a highlight with Tausept Ochre.

Maybe you could do the smae, and add another highlight to go towards that creamy look? Or just skip the Snakebite-part.

Over the whole fig, I apply a generous wash of Devlan Mud (painting your armies for you since 2008 :laugh:)

#50 ·
Well, there's an army-pic @ page 2…
Dates back to june.

In the meantime, I've only painted up a unit of Raptors, 2 Sentinels, a Dark Mechanicus unit, 2 units of Guardsmen, a Chimera, a unit of Karskin, a Russ and a Vendetta.

Seems a little bit of a meagre expansion to go and redeploy the whole 200+ footsloggers just fer a couple of piccies LOL
But I'll do one once the Plague Reaper is painted or if in the meantime I should pick up a game of Apocalypse, where I'd be deploying the whole army anyway.

Horusreborn, I delibarately did not apply scratches and rust.
That's because the main idea behind my army is that they are recently converted to Nurgle, top-down (not unlike the traitor guardsmen in the Eisenhorn Trilogy).
meaning the HQ turned coat, and the army follows, because they follow orders.
Hence you'll see absolutely no mutaded guardsmen in this army, only subtle Nurgle-markings.

Of course, they are all starting to wonder about those strange critters roaming around in the camp (Nurglings), and as for the Astertes, well, none of 'em have ever seen an Astartes before, so they don't know how to tell a Loyalist from a Traitor chapter.

I do wonder how the HQ is going to explain the civilian Mutants' Rabble, Zombies and Deamons though LOL

#51 ·
I delibarately did not apply scratches and rust.
That's because the main idea behind my army is that they are recently converted to Nurgle, top-down (not unlike the traitor guardsmen in the Eisenhorn Trilogy).

Hence you'll see absolutely no mutaded guardsmen in this army, only subtle Nurgle-markings.
Good fluff.

Also, excellent restraint; most Nurgle armies I see are even more twisted up - although less pretty - than Tzeentchian armies.

#52 ·
My apologize Quase you sir are correct.

I was mixing up the thread you have here with the one over on the Waagh. I will shut up now and eagerly await your next up date on the great project of an army that you are building.

#56 ·
Thanks!
showing you CAN use all your models.
+rep
You can even use your old Orc & Goblin figs!

Putting the painting of "the beast" in suspense, I finished a new unit for the Deamon contingent of my army...

Where up until now my Blight Drone roamed the battlefields alone, with the distinct buzz of his copter-blades, he now goes accompanied by a much shriller buzz of a cloud of (very) big, fat Nurgle flies.

I present to you my unit of Furies :

:puke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.