Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Precise washes

355 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  PoweredbyCoffee 
#1 ·
Thanks in advance for your responses..

I'm having a little painting trouble and I need some help. I'm trying to get a very bright (Scorpion Green) into the ribs of a model.. I want this to "glow" so the wash has to be strong.

I've tried a few things with limited success.

1) I tried to do a wash with some soap mixed with it after I have finished painting most of the model. PROBLEM: In order to get this bright enough I have to do several coats and the drying time for washes is so long. In addition, I have noticed that the subsequent washes tend to show off the "edges" of the last wash.

2) I tried to paint in the ribs by hand. PROBLEM: Most of my models are already glued/welded together so I cannot get the brush in there.

3) I tried to do a thick wash first and then do a thick drybrush over the area to reveal only the desired wash in the ribs. PROBLEM: This tends to leave extra paint in areas I didn't want and then you can see the over paint when doing washes and even at various angles when doing drybrushes.

Any thoughts?? Feedback is greatly appreciated.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.